What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Small LED kits

h.h.

Veteran
On a suggestion from Gr33nSanta, I went with a Vero29 kit from Timberlights.
In your case, $239 for 200w. A couple straps for the sides $16. Hangers $10.

You would need to drill about 10 3/8" holes.

$25 plus another $20/25 shipping for another 100w. They had a $25 discount, code RIU, so basically $25 more.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
The bud room has 1400 watts of discharge lights plus another 3000 watts LED.
Out of nine brands of LED only two enjoyed being hung with hot discharge lights. Most functioned, but these two brands were flawless: Platinum and Dwarf Star.
For hanging between a pair of 1000 watt HPS bulbs I recommend the 300 watt P600 by Platinum. It will take the heat and it has a red heavy spectrum that will blend with the HPS instead of fighting for the chloroplasts.
For hanging with MH, the 230 watt Dwarf Star's are unparalleled.

LED grow lights depot is an internet site that carries over 40 brands and has the specifications, recommended distance, and beam spread for most of them.
They are not a sponsor of this site so no link.

Pro Headies

Veteran
The bud room has 1400 watts of discharge lights plus another 3000 watts LED.
Out of nine brands of LED only two enjoyed being hung with hot discharge lights. Most functioned, but these two brands were flawless: Platinum and Dwarf Star.
For hanging between a pair of 1000 watt HPS bulbs I recommend the 300 watt P600 by Platinum. It will take the heat and it has a red heavy spectrum that will blend with the HPS instead of fighting for the chloroplasts.
For hanging with MH, the 230 watt Dwarf Star's are unparalleled.

LED grow lights depot is an internet site that carries over 40 brands and has the specifications, recommended distance, and beam spread for most of them.
They are not a sponsor of this site so no link.

I have no heat really between my hoods, never over 78f right where I want to place the led. I'll check out the P600, thanks!

edit: I checked out the P600, i don't like the blurple led lights

FlaDankster

Veteran
If you choose to go with cobs look into the veros or citizens.Better prices than the cree with good performance.

Are you looking for a plug n play unit or you willing to tinker and build your own frame?

Timbergrowlights is another place to check out.

Pro Headies

Veteran
If you choose to go with cobs look into the veros or citizens.Better prices than the cree with good performance.

Are you looking for a plug n play unit or you willing to tinker and build your own frame?

Timbergrowlights is another place to check out.

I dont mind doing some tinkering but i dont really know the ins and outs yet on all the parts required to build my own setup. Im leaning towards the QB XL 260w kit now.

FlaDankster

Veteran
I dont mind doing some tinkering but i dont really know the ins and outs yet on all the parts required to build my own setup. Im leaning towards the QB XL 260w kit now.

Timber has the kits that are already put together and wired up,all that is needed is a frame.Cutter.com has kits also.

The QB kits are pretty sweet.I will be getting the same thing you're looking at or the 320 watt kit shortly for veg myself.

I like the QB's for better coverage myself.

h.h.

Veteran
picture.php

alaskaman

I recently bought a 2 x QB288 kit as a test. Its adjusted to 260w. Had it cranked to about 280 but turned it back down. Don't like running things at max. The QB seems very fragile to me and all those soldered leds makes me wonder about the longevity of it.
I'm a believer in the Cree cob 3590. And they might last 20 years. Cree doesn't know, they've been running them really juiced now for 11,000 maybe 12,000 hours and haven't burned one up yet. They now guess over 60,000 hours before the cob loses 10% of it's power. That's like an easy 14 years at 12hrs a day. Don't know about the cheaper cob's, like vero, how long they'll last.

h.h.

Veteran
I recently bought a 2 x QB288 kit as a test. Its adjusted to 260w. Had it cranked to about 280 but turned it back down. Don't like running things at max. The QB seems very fragile to me and all those soldered leds makes me wonder about the longevity of it.
I'm a believer in the Cree cob 3590. And they might last 20 years. Cree doesn't know, they've been running them really juiced now for 11,000 maybe 12,000 hours and haven't burned one up yet. They now guess over 60,000 hours before the cob loses 10% of it's power. That's like an easy 14 years at 12hrs a day. Don't know about the cheaper cob's, like vero, how long they'll last.
If my COB's go out, replacing the diode should be fairly cheap as compared to replacing a QB. As I see it, the bulk of the price is for the heatsink. That doesn't go out.

Koondense

Veteran
That's right, the one thing which made me go for Vero SEs(and I have CXB3590s from before) is the feeling the QB's are not hard enough for the way I use my lights.
The CXB and Vero SE cobs are proving themselves very worthy and a best pick among all led offerings. No sign of any wear and it's been more than 10000 working hours for my cxbs.
Superb products!

Cheers