What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis strains for insomnia?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Reptile lamps are infra-red, and will work nicely. I don't believe the cannabis needs to get warm or hot, just be saturated in infra-red for a good 24-36hrs.

As far as I'm aware, the infra-red converts the THC to CBN, same as if you let it sit around and get old for a few years. I'm pretty sure the CBD doesn't convert to CBN.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
picture.php

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think I might give this a shot with some of my pure sativa Honduras Breeze. I'm curious to see how qualitatively the high will be affected. I'll report back after completion. Anyone have a suggestion for a cheap infrared lamp?

Sunshine is about as cheap as one could get, I would imagine.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Do CBD only varieties turn amber?
I have a supposed low THC, high cbd strain High Voltage. It turned amber.

I have a feeling that there's other things going on when trichomes amber, other than the just THC degrading to CBN.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I think a heat lamp bulb is IR. So is a red rock gas heater.

As for sleep, my cookies made from ABV and pucks sure do the trick. They are a mixture of strains and since I vape at a lower temp a lot of THC remains, plus other heavier compounds. Dissolving in the butter (on water at 210*) to extract, then I freeze, then cut off enough to make 1/2 cup. That gets heated in the oven at 250* to re-melt and it gives off no bubbles, so I assume the decarb (THCA > THC) is complete. Then the cooking at 370* for 10. Would that make CBN from the THC and other thick compounds?

My tolerance has gone up a lot so it takes 4 or 5 cookies now, but these ensure getting to sleep and staying asleep for 4 hrs, then a piss and another cookie for the other 3-4 hrs.

Last edited:
For those who've skipped most of the thread... (which happens and I've done it myself. lol)

Almost ANY strain works for insomnia when the THC has been converted to CBN. Take any strain with decent THC levels, and put the flowers under an infra-red lamp for 3 days. The trichs will all go amber and a couple hits will knock you out in 10 minutes. :)

This sounds so good I will test it out shortly with some Buds!

Thanks for the Tipp!

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Come to think of it, I might have one of those red heat lamps around somewhere. I have a couple of lizards and a bunch of extra supplies boxed up with some bulbs and lamps in there. Going to have to try this out.

Everyone post back your results. I have a feeling it will be similar to the oil I made though. To be honest, I feel like too much CNB makes you feel kind of shitty. Like you need it in a small quantity for the zzz's but pure CBN won't do the trick.

Come to think of it, I might have one of those red heat lamps around somewhere. I have a couple of lizards and a bunch of extra supplies boxed up with some bulbs and lamps in there. Going to have to try this out.

Everyone post back your results. I have a feeling it will be similar to the oil I made though. To be honest, I feel like too much CNB makes you feel kind of shitty. Like you need it in a small quantity for the zzz's but pure CBN won't do the trick.

I'll try that shortly and will post trichome shots before/ after.

Like you said too much CBN makes you feel shitty, so the right does is to be found.

I

Insomniac420

My main purpose for growing. Is to find a strain
To help with insomnia. 4 nights now av been up
And think my marriage is fucked. Had sleeping tablets of doc but he doesn't give em out long
Zolpiclone 7.5mg I take 2 does nothing. But smoke a joint eat an edible and its night night
UK law sucks it's my choice so I have to break there Law

I have tried cbd brothers paste & white tincture and blue
Didn't do nothing for me

E

ESTERCHASER

real deal herijuana
cough like an ibl herijuana from motarebel
PERFECTO

My main purpose for growing. Is to find a strain
To help with insomnia. 4 nights now av been up
And think my marriage is fucked. Had sleeping tablets of doc but he doesn't give em out long
Zolpiclone 7.5mg I take 2 does nothing. But smoke a joint eat an edible and its night night
UK law sucks it's my choice so I have to break there Law

I have tried cbd brothers paste & white tincture and blue
Didn't do nothing for me

Never go for these sleeping pills! Even if they want us so hard to use them!
I also suffer from insomnia big time! Like you said Edbiles do the deal....most of the time.

F.... the law :)

Latest posts

Latest posts