What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

happening fellas! its friday night and time to get this party started

i hear you about not being too sick to smoke
i cant tell you the last time i went a whole day without at least a puff or two
but sometimes when you get that really bad head/ chest cold its almost like you feel worse after that first hit
/your head hurts from all the coughing and it just doestn seem worth it
you guys are right thoe and i think this years bug is one of the wrose to hit in a while
ive had frends who ended up on antibiotics from this thing going around and like you said fiddy, these are usually normal healthy people
red beans and rice sounds like just the thing to nurse you along!
plus if you make it spicy the heat helps loosen up the congestion in addition to bringing the flavor
hang in there brother and get better
/i think the worst part about being sick is the loss of appetite and how bland good food will taste

oh wow man,i dident know you were chuckin your own pollen sunshine'
it sounds like your bro caught some good stuff and was super lucky to find a few beans in the mix
im especially interested in this now! keep us posted on how she is doing please
thats rad that you also like to grow your own food!
we grow a few things and my mom is a master gardener and has an amazing veggie patch
kick ass brother and post up some pics when you can so we can all marvel at your handy work1
how spicy are those peppers you have?

you know ill be in touch p'fan and we will def be seeing each other again soon
hope you are starting your weekend off right

\btw, where is our man rhode?!
\\not to mention fish' and all the rest of you goons?! stop by and post up when you get a chance

Greetings pop_rocks.
What a diffrence a couple of days makes. Yesterday, for the first time in a while I woke up feeling like I had some energy and like the aches and sinus headache were finally going away. It felt so good that I really had to watch myself not to overdo it. It was also a beautiful sunny 50 degree day and that made it harder not to overdo. I did take Eggo to the dog park and follow him around for about an hour. I knew I was pushing my luck but the conditions were right for me to try my mountain bike out on the snow for the first time. The trails were groomed but because it was so warm it was very soft. The ride was ok but I think I'll stick to riding on dirt, my tires arnt wide enough for the soft stuff. But it was nice to get out for a quick ride.
I can't believe I went 4 days without a puff or a drink. I've never taken a break like that for any reason. I think I was just so exhausted by the time I'd get home I just didn't have the energy to do anything and I knew it wouldn't do me any good. I've noticed that I don't even get much of a buzz sometimes when I'm sick so maybe that made it easier. The funny part is that when I did puff a little on Saturday after the time off I was still sick and didn't even get very high. Now I want to put this behind me and start looking forward to being healthy and getting into spring.
The red beans and rice turned out pretty well. Tonight I'm doubling down and making chicken and sausage gumbo. Your right spicy food is great for opening up those sinuses!
I hope your week is off to a good start brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
glad to hear you are feeling better brother!
right now its all about baby steps and just taking it one day at a time
thats rad you got out on the bike trails and were able to take eggo to the park
i hear you about not wanting to bike too much in the sloppy stuff man, its not as much fun and it just tears up the trails
thats so funny about how that first puff dident light you up like you would think
the mrs is doing great with her smoking/ drinking and last weekend i rolled her a fatty
she smoked the better part of the stick and then just kind of chilled out
hope you are starting your week off on the right foot and are feeling better
this is another short week for me because we are heading up north to camp
cant wait!

Sunshineinabag

Just in time for fat tuesday to be healthy again brother! Great post!
I went out on my bike as well but ended up with a 16 inch rooster tail of mud up my back pants and back soooo il wait

Fiddynut

glad to hear you are feeling better brother!
right now its all about baby steps and just taking it one day at a time
thats rad you got out on the bike trails and were able to take eggo to the park
i hear you about not wanting to bike too much in the sloppy stuff man, its not as much fun and it just tears up the trails
thats so funny about how that first puff dident light you up like you would think
the mrs is doing great with her smoking/ drinking and last weekend i rolled her a fatty
she smoked the better part of the stick and then just kind of chilled out
hope you are starting your week off on the right foot and are feeling better
this is another short week for me because we are heading up north to camp
cant wait!

Good afternoon and happy Mardi Gras pop_rocks.
It sure feels nice to be healthy again and I've got that happy to be alive and well attitude. I feel 100% today and just in time too.
It was nice to get a ride on the bike in but I really would need a full fat tire bike to be able to ride on the snow and have fun doing it. But we've talked about this in the past and we just don't have enough season where the trails are open here to justify the cost of an extra bike. Maybe if I get a deal on a used bike someday but they want a lot for those fat tire bikes, even heavy ones with no suspension and cheap components.
I'm sure I didn't get super high from that first bowl because I was still stuffed up and not feeling well. I never get a very good buzz when I'm feeling like that. It like not being able to taste it affects the buzz or something.
I'm glad that your Mrs is doing well not smoking and drinking. That should help her studies too.
How did you like the football last weekend? I watched a game on Saturday afternoon. And I saw a headline this week that talked about how much better and more exciting the kickoff is in the XFL rather that what the NFL has done.
I hope you get great weather for camping this weekend!

Just in time for fat tuesday to be healthy again brother! Great post!
I went out on my bike as well but ended up with a 16 inch rooster tail of mud up my back pants and back soooo il wait

Good afternoon and happy Mardi Gras Sunshineinabag.
Thanks for the kind words! I'm feeling great and ready to party.
I know all about those rooster tails you speak of. When I was a kid every kid in the neighborhood rode our BMX bikes all day rain or shine and I came home with that same stain all the time. I hope it dries out and you get good riding conditions!

Fiddynut

Quick update and pics

Quick update and pics

Greetings friends!
Happy Mardi Gras everyone. It's been a while so let's get this update done. The jungle has been fairly quiet lately. There was about a 3 week gap where I didn't have anything in the flower tent. About a week ago I put the 4 cobra lips clones in the flower tent. I've grown these clones out once before and they were pretty nice buds, decent flavor and I got a good yeild from them. They seem to be transitioning well and they seem pretty happy. Here is a couple pics of them from a few days ago.

Meanwhile, in my mom tent things are getting crowded. I've got 7 plants in there. I've got 2 moms that I've used before, actually 2 of each of those two so I have more to take cuts from. And I've got 3 plants from seed that I'm going to grow cuts of in my next flower run. I'll be taking cuts in about a week. Here is a pic of the mom tent.

And just a fun pic of my mountain bike on the snow trail.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
kick ass fiddy, your plants are all looking really nice brother
how long are you going to hold those mother plants for?
maybe consider take some new cuts and put those girls into flower
dude, im so happy to hear you are feeling better
hopefully you are out of the woods and done with being sick
take care of yourself my friend
i am really digging on this new xfl league
the action on the field is somewhere between a really good college game and week 3 of the pre season and like you said i like some of their new rules
/especially how they run the kickoff; i wouldent mind seeing that ported over to the nfl one day
thats a fun pic of the bike btw
you could probably just buy another wheel set if you wanted to change the feel of the bike instead of getting a who new ride, but im seeing a lot of good deals right now on full squish frames (esp 29ers')
i cant wait to get out to the campsite
we are leaving friday and i have a bunch of camping gear spread out in the green room
right now
gonna' do the real packing and finish off the prep work tomorrow night
give eggo a big hug and nice belly rub from me brother and have a great fat tuesday!

Fiddynut

kick ass fiddy, your plants are all looking really nice brother
how long are you going to hold those mother plants for?
maybe consider take some new cuts and put those girls into flower
dude, im so happy to hear you are feeling better
hopefully you are out of the woods and done with being sick
take care of yourself my friend
i am really digging on this new xfl league
the action on the field is somewhere between a really good college game and week 3 of the pre season and like you said i like some of their new rules
/especially how they run the kickoff; i wouldent mind seeing that ported over to the nfl one day
thats a fun pic of the bike btw
you could probably just buy another wheel set if you wanted to change the feel of the bike instead of getting a who new ride, but im seeing a lot of good deals right now on full squish frames (esp 29ers')
i cant wait to get out to the campsite
we are leaving friday and i have a bunch of camping gear spread out in the green room
right now
gonna' do the real packing and finish off the prep work tomorrow night
give eggo a big hug and nice belly rub from me brother and have a great fat tuesday!

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
Thanks for your kind words brother! The girls look pretty happy and I hope this is a good run with them. I forgot to add the rock powders to the soil mix this time so I'm looking forward to seeing if this seems to effect the grow in a good or a bad way. I also forgot to add extra perlite this time and it seems the soil is holding more water, but drying out quicker if that's possable. I can always add the rock powders to the top of the soil if I need but I'm stuck with the soil if it's too dense without the perlite.
I only keep the moms untill I get fresh cuts of them rooted, then I use the new cuts as moms. My moms all get culled when I refresh them. The moms are way too tall to flower. I also let them stretch out the node spacing on my moms so it wouldn't be ideal to grow them out. I like to take a bunch of cuts and pick the 4 most uniform to flower so that my canopy is most even.
I still have some lingering congestion but I feel like whatever I had is behind me.
I think we are going to see the XFL style kickoff in the NFL in the next few seasons. It's a much more exciting way to do things and eliminates the defenseless player hits. I'm not sure what it takes to change the rules in the NFL but I see it happening.
It sounds like you are ready to get out of town and get to some camping brother. What is the weathe suppose to be like during your trip? I hope you have a blast buddy!
I will give Eggo a belly rub and a nice hug from you pop!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
happening friend! hope you are having a great week my man
that sucks that you still have a little congestion and i hope you are able to shake it off soon
/how has the smoking been?
i agree that the nfl might implement some of the new xfl rules in the next few years and it could make the game a lot better at the top
i like the xfl kickoff rules and think it is a much safer play
plus i like how the new league gives some of the guys who dident make the cut out of college to have a second chance to make it to the bigs
you could also mix the rock powders with water
it wont be as effective as when you mix it into your soil but the water soluble minerals will disperse and be ready for uptake
i am so ready for this weekend and cant wait to check out this new spot
it looks like a cool area with lots of open area around it, plus part of the pct runs through it
i really like being outdoors and nothing beats hanging out by a nice fire and just enjoying the night
we are having santa ana winds this week so that means the temps are about 10-20' warmer during the day
/it was in the mid-high 70s on the coast today
it will be warm during the day but cold at night because of the lack of cloud cover
the cool part is the sky will be super clear and we will be bringing the telescope
i cant wait
/plus this is also prime time for a mystical journey
hope you are having a great week and are looking ahead to an even better weekend
feel better bruh!

packerfan79

Veteran
happening friend! hope you are having a great week my man
that sucks that you still have a little congestion and i hope you are able to shake it off soon
/how has the smoking been?
i agree that the nfl might implement some of the new xfl rules in the next few years and it could make the game a lot better at the top
i like the xfl kickoff rules and think it is a much safer play
plus i like how the new league gives some of the guys who dident make the cut out of college to have a second chance to make it to the bigs
you could also mix the rock powders with water
it wont be as effective as when you mix it into your soil but the water soluble minerals will disperse and be ready for uptake
i am so ready for this weekend and cant wait to check out this new spot
it looks like a cool area with lots of open area around it, plus part of the pct runs through it
i really like being outdoors and nothing beats hanging out by a nice fire and just enjoying the night
we are having santa ana winds this week so that means the temps are about 10-20' warmer during the day
/it was in the mid-high 70s on the coast today
it will be warm during the day but cold at night because of the lack of cloud cover
the cool part is the sky will be super clear and we will be bringing the telescope
i cant wait
/plus this is also prime time for a mystical journey
hope you are having a great week and are looking ahead to an even better weekend
feel better bruh!

Pop Rocks, You are in for a treat, the desert sky is crazy clear out that way. I am a nature guy also. When I was a pissed off teenager, I would go climb to the top of a rock mountain a couple miles from the house. Blaze a J and forget about all the bullshit. Now, it's way over crowded here.

You are probably looking at lows in the 40s. Should be nice during the day. I can't wait for our trip. It's going to be epic.

Rodehazrd

I envy you pop
I'm a stargazer too
If you don't have it load starwalk on the phone it's very helpful. If you setup early venus is big and close to the moon.
Travel safe
:tiphat:

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I hope all are well and your gardens are happy and healthy!
Did I mention that TooL is coming back to Wisconsin in June and I'm going to go and get my face melted off again. Can't fucking wait. I've also got JRAD (Joe Russo's almost dead) in a couple weeks, Bad Religion in April, Primus in early July, Dead and co in late July, and Roger Waters in August. That is a lot of concerts already and there will be plenty more to add to that. Ticketmaster is gonna keep me broke!

@pop_rocks. Ive been smoking less as of late. Even before I got sick I seemed to be smoking a bit less. It use to be that I'd get up and have a wake and bake every morning but now I often don't smoke before work. Because I don't enjoy being high when I'm working I never smoke during the day, at least not during the work week. I do love relaxing with a bowl after work and that's my favorite time to puff.
You make a good point about guys that didn't get signed into the NFL getting a second chance in the XFL. It will probably only be a matter of time before guys who do really well in the XFL get shown interest by NFL teams. Since the seasons don't overlap maybe someone could even play for both leagues, but that seems less likely.
It sounds like your all ready for your camping trip brother. It sounds like you've got nice weather and should have a great time. I bet that your going to have a great weekend. I love stargazing too! One of my favorite things about when I use to go way up to the north part of Wisconsin was that there was not much light pollution and the stars were amazing. And on the right night you would see the northern lights and a lot of shooting stars as well.
Have a great trip buddy...you deserve it!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
thanks guys! i cant wait to get out to the camp site

happening rode'
glad to see you around friend
hope you are feeling better and the girls are all doing well
i have a different app called skyview that i like to use
it has a few neat features like an option to show constellation lines and satelites
we will be there later this afternoon and all day saturday so i will be sure to enjoy all the sites in both the early morning and night sky

i know what you mean about the ebb and flow of toke
i dont like being high at work either but have no problem smoking during the day when i am free
/im high right now
i cant wait to get out there and chill
we will have a nice fire going and no walls to block our view
we got lucky and scored a bunch of free wood from a neighbor last night and will buy a shit ton once we get to the site
man, it sounds like you have a full dance card here with all your shows
all of those sound like fun shows

you are so right about how its been really nice during the days but cold at night p'fan
im bringing an extra set of thermals so i can double up at night
plus it might rain on sunday morning so im also bringing my rain jacket and gloves
we are planning for the cold and the mrs was joking about how it would be so cool it it snowed or we got frost
cant wait to get up your way brother!

packerfan79

Veteran

happening rode'
it has a few neat features like an option to show constellation lines and satelites
we will be there later this afternoon and all day saturday so i will be sure to enjoy all the sites in both the early morning and night sky

i dont like being high at work either but have no problem smoking during the day when i am free
/im high right now
we got lucky and scored a bunch of free wood from a neighbor last night and will buy a shit ton once we get to the site

you are so right about how its been really nice during the days but cold at night p'fan
plus it might rain on sunday morning so im also bringing my rain jacket and gloves
we are planning for the cold and the mrs was joking about how it would be so cool it it snowed or we got frost

Hey Pop Rocks,

You got good timing, weather wise. Their is a storm coming in Sunday night. Possibly snow in the higher elevations. Mind you our idea of snow is like half an inch.

Fiddynut

happening rode'

/im high right now

I like your wording "ebb and flow of the toke". It's super appropriate in this case. Before I started growing I would smoke more or less based on how much weed I had money for or could find. Now I have as much as I could ever smoke and I seem to smoke a bit less than before. But it's nice to have so that I'm never wanting any.
I hope you have the time of your lives on your trip this weekend buddy!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
happening fellas'
we had a great time camping
the site was on teh side of a hill and we had a great view of the lake and the mountains behind it
the firs day we got there was blue skies and temps in the high 70's
the lake we went to was huge and surrounded by open area so we never really got to travel all the way around, but we did go on some great hikes both in the day and at night
the last day there was in the mid40- low 50 and we even got hail and rain

i hear you about not having to worry about supply fiddy when you grow
its nice not having to worry about saving for later and you kind of find your own sweet spot as far as how much you smoke
we had a great vacation and me and the mrs are already planning our next get away!
hope you are starting your week off on a great note and it just gets better for you brother!

Fiddynut

happening fellas'
we had a great time camping
the site was on teh side of a hill and we had a great view of the lake and the mountains behind it
the firs day we got there was blue skies and temps in the high 70's
the lake we went to was huge and surrounded by open area so we never really got to travel all the way around, but we did go on some great hikes both in the day and at night
the last day there was in the mid40- low 50 and we even got hail and rain

i hear you about not having to worry about supply fiddy when you grow
its nice not having to worry about saving for later and you kind of find your own sweet spot as far as how much you smoke
we had a great vacation and me and the mrs are already planning our next get away!
hope you are starting your week off on a great note and it just gets better for you brother!

I'm glad you had a great time on your camping trip! It sounds like a beautiful spot you found. That is cool that you had such nice weather except the last day but sometimes it's good to have some bad weather on the last day as it makes it less depressing to go home.
That's great about you planning your next trip already. I need to get planning something fun, life's too short to not get out there and experience the good stuff.
I hope your week is off to a good start as well buddy!

Fiddynut

70 degrees my gawd man i gotta wait two more months to get even close to thpse temps wow. another week another puddle of mud

Good afternoon Sunshineinabag.
Haha I'm with you brother. It was unseasonably warm at 50 degrees here on Sunday and we were jumping for joy. We usually don't see 70's untill may here and even then it's no sure thing.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
happeing fiddy
hope you had a great day and your week is rolling right along
im so glad we are getting back into camping and its been a lot of fun
this time we are planning a little trip for just me and the mrs and are putting together a list of places we would like to visit
it looks like we have a really cool spot in mind but we need to firm it up and then make reservations
we are hoping to get back out sometime later this month
i was loving the weather and enjoyed the cold
/i was off on the temps, the mrs said it got down to the high 30
i spend my whole day inside and can sit around the house anytime
it was a treat being outside and enjoying nature

we were super lucky to get such nice weather this time of year sunshine' but we are still due for a few rough days before we get to spring
ill send you some rays brother and hope they warm up your day

and to the rest of the crew hope you are all starting to thaw out

Fiddynut

happeing fiddy
hope you had a great day and your week is rolling right along
im so glad we are getting back into camping and its been a lot of fun
this time we are planning a little trip for just me and the mrs and are putting together a list of places we would like to visit
it looks like we have a really cool spot in mind but we need to firm it up and then make reservations
we are hoping to get back out sometime later this month
i was loving the weather and enjoyed the cold
/i was off on the temps, the mrs said it got down to the high 30
i spend my whole day inside and can sit around the house anytime
it was a treat being outside and enjoying nature

we were super lucky to get such nice weather this time of year sunshine' but we are still due for a few rough days before we get to spring
ill send you some rays brother and hope they warm up your day

and to the rest of the crew hope you are all starting to thaw out

I'm glad you had a good time and are inspired to do more of what you love. I'm not much of a camper myself, probably because we never went as a family when I was young. My dad told me once that he had a bad camping experience called the Vietnam war and that's why we never went camping back in the day. I went a few times in my teens and twenties but around here it always either rained on me or the morning dew would get everything all wet and gross. I'm probably more cut out for camping in one of those camper trailer things.
I'm sure it will be really nice for just you and your Mrs to spend some time together. It's important for couples to get away and enjoy time together. That reminds me that my wife and I haven't had a get away in a while and it's high time.
Your so right about being able to sit around the house anytime and getting out to enjoy nature is something very important. People around here have to really work at finding outdoor activities during the winter but if you pick your days there is still a lot to do outdoors.
I hope you having a good hump day brother!

Latest posts

Latest posts