What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can someone please check my homemade Calmag?

JimMuscles

I made a homemade Calmag out of these two things. 4 parts Dissolvine CaEDTA chelated cal. This is a calcium only fert. Heres details from the product.

Guaranteed Analysis:

Calcium (Ca) water soluble, chelated by EDTA............9.7%

stable in pH range......................... .............................. ...5-10

Use this product to suplement the calcium in your nutrient solution that is supplied by calcium nitrate. One gram of Dissolvine E-Ca-10 per gallon final volume nutrient solution provides approximately 25ppm calcium.

That, and 1 part Epsom Salt . or magnesium sulphate.

4 grams per gal calcium = 100ppm 1 gram per gal epsom = 25ppm

This is a 4 to 1 ratio of Calcium to Magnesium. Is this ok to use? I grow in coco. How much EC should I use of this? Is this calcium different because its chelated?

THANKS A BUNCH!

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Looks good from here. Are your plants short in either cal or mag to your knowledge?

I think you could even go higher in calcium, say up to ~200ppm/gal. If you need it...

JimMuscles

Looks good from here. Are your plants short in either cal or mag to your knowledge?

I think you could even go higher in calcium, say up to ~200ppm/gal. If you need it...

Yeah ive been getting calcium and magnesium defs. In coco with new megacrop formula. Cool! Good to know buddy! How much of this would you add to EC.25 tap water? Thanks!

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
If it's supplemental, I'd experiment with increasing increments starting at ~50 ppm and maybe up it in steps of ~20ppm each time until you're satisfied. The mag could even just be applied occasionally as a foliar. Be it fed or sprayed you shouldn't need extraordinary amounts. I personally wouldn't feel the need to exceed 60 or 70ppm. 25-50 is pretty safe. But it all depends on how your plants react. Let us know how it goes.

JimMuscles

If it's supplemental, I'd experiment with increasing increments starting at ~50 ppm and maybe up it in steps of ~20ppm each time until you're satisfied. The mag could even just be applied occasionally as a foliar. Be it fed or sprayed you shouldn't need extraordinary amounts. I personally wouldn't feel the need to exceed 60 or 70ppm. 25-50 is pretty safe. But it all depends on how your plants react. Let us know how it goes.

Cool. Thanks. I added a shedload already. Like .4EC. Prolly too much. Oh well ill figure this out. Thanks for putting me in the ballpark.