What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DWC Original Haze Hedgerow

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This grow is already about 3 weeks into flowering, so I guess I'll have to start with a bit of a retrospective on wtf is going on

There's more than this going on in this room, and I'll occasionally let the camera wander, but what I'm mainly looking to keep track of is an 8 bucket rdwc. 6 buckets of an Original Haze cut, 1 Chimera Schnazzleberry #2, and a Nirvana Blue Mystic

The Schnazz I've ran once prior, and the Blue Mystic is brand new to me, but the Ohaze lady has earned a continuing hunk of floorspace wherever I have light bulbs for a couple of years now - she finishes in 10 to 11 weeks, flourishes in 12/12, and tastes like batter dipped deep fried awesomeness.

picture.php

An old baby picture of her from the seed run

picture.php

Some of the first buds she gave me

This time around, I started off with a dozen buckets under 1800 watts, but for various reasons it got scaled back to 8 buckets under 1200 watts. The 600w bulbs are in air cooled hoods exhausted to another room so I can help heat the house with lumens this winter. A Whitewater LT24 air pump feeds the buckets, and a 27g res with a Mag 9.5 pump moves the water around.

For a plant that stretches for 7 weeks, I maaaaaaay have over vegged her a little bit this run

picture.php

OK, maybe more than a little bit.

Without some kind of bondage, there's no way these ladies weren't going to grow thru the ceiling...but I also needed to make whatever was going to happen work with the two oddball schnazz/blue mystic buckets, too. So...some PVC and some string were shaken together, and things got a screen dumped on top. Starting off, the plan is to at least attempt to bend/manipulate/control the haze with the screen, and let the Schnazz/Blue Mystic grow thru in a more trellis like fashion. If I'm lucky, they'll at least somewhat land in the same canopy by the time it all shakes out.

Day 1 of 12/12
picture.php

the 6 buckets on the left are Ohaze, the far right back row bucket you can't really see for shit in this pic is the schnazz, and the relatively midget looking plant in the front row, far right is the blue mystic

gdtrfb

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 4
picture.php

at this point as much time is spent with the haze below the screen pushing new tops up...as is spent tucking the stretchier tops back under and over a square or two. She's beyond cooperative with this process, tho - just for examples sake:
picture.php

on the left, just after tucking - on the right, one hour later. You can bend, pinch, and mangle her as much as you want...this girl is just gonna grow.

picture.php

Schnazzleberry clears the screen

picture.php

Blue Mystic hasn't quite yet made it yet, but is throwing on shoots-a-plenty

Day 6
Less than a week in, and the haze has already run amok, and there was enough screen space...so there was great tucking, bending and S&M lowering the haze canopy to the screen again.
picture.php

Day 7
picture.php

...and a day later, it looks like I hadn't even done a damned thing.

Day 10
picture.php

A couple days unmolested and some tops are 6 to 9 inches above the screen - if I was an optimistic person, I might think she was getting it out of her system ;) but this is only the beginning

Day 15
picture.php

On day 14, another great mangling was had - all tops were shimmied around to drop the canopy to the screen again - a day later and she's already straining the strings and has formed a new field of tops

gdtrfb

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 17
picture.php

Up till now, the nute routine has been RO water, Botanicare Calmag, and a 50/50 mix of MaxiGro and Maxibloom, with the PH swinging between 5.8 and 6.1 and the EC at about 1.3-1.4. On day 16, the system was drained and refilled with Calmag and Maxibloom only at an EC of 1.4.

picture.php

A top down view
picture.php

The blue mystic, still struggling to kick the screen's ass
picture.php

It's managed to carve out a little slice of canopy for itself, but I've got my doubts it's not going to just get overran by haze

picture.php

schnazzleberry - this thing is starting to remind me of a palm tree

gdtrfb

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 18
picture.php

picture.php

Schnazz with a hazey foreground

Day 22
picture.php

picture.php

Let there be Cotton balls, Ohaze

Day 23
picture.php

Starting to look a little more like a shrubbery - either that, or barely controlled goofiness.
picture.php

a little slice of the outer wall-o-haze
picture.php

Blue mystic starting to fill in a bit

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Don't sleep near that haze, its going to eat you alive...

Plants looks great, I'm tagged ~

gdtrfb

ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice set up.

thanks man

Don't sleep near that haze, its going to eat you alive...

but what a way to go ;)

Day 24
picture.php

For the foreseeable future, there's going to be a reflector floating around in there if I keep trying this camera angle - there's a couple of strains being test driven in dirt, hopefully there'll be a keeper or 3

picture.php

4 sour bubble ladies, at 9 days 12/12

picture.php

elsewhere, a Satori at day 13

gdtrfb

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys - this should be an entertaining ride, there's still some explosion to be had from the ohaze

Day 28
picture.php

Looking at stuff like this, my brain keeps wanting to time travel to 6 weeks from now when this will be a snarl of spears

picture.php

gdtrfb

ICMag Donor
Veteran
some shots from last night
day 29
picture.php

The tops directly under the hood on the left started showing some light burn - nothing dramatic, but still worth fiddling with. I've still got about a foot for that hood to go up before it slams into a heating vent, but week 4/5 is a bit early to be ceding what little ground there is
picture.php

Nothing that can't be fixed with a generous application of pinchy-bendy-twisty abuse
picture.php

I'm sure the plant would be happier with me if she didn't get such molestations at this point in her growth, but...all the same, she copes with it. The candelabra/freaky fingers buds that result from doing this don't seem any worse for wear, at least.

(ex; from earlier run, same plant, similar abuse)
picture.php

Meanwhile, elsewhere
picture.php

4 Sour bubble at about 2 weeks in the middle, a satori on the left, and various seed whores arranged on the fringes. They're known cuts ran just for the purpose of making sexytime with a couple different satori, sour bubble, schnazz, and oger99 males - there are 5 copies of the Ohaze lady running around in there. I give them 2 to 3 weeks of flowering to form enough pistils to be worthwhile, spunk them up but proper, isolate them for a day or two, spray the bejesus out of them, and then let them ride the fringes in the main flower room. As I don't really give two shits about the bud on these plants, only the seeds, typically they get cut about 4 to 5 weeks after they were pollinated.

speaking of males
picture.php

one of the sour bubble males - the Pecker Palace male grow area is a true closet pollen chuckery operation - some days I open the door, some days I don't. No ventilation to speak of (pollen+fans=clenched ass cheeks) but there's also only a couple of CFL lights to generate heat. Far from optimal conditions, but in a way, I kind of like that stress. I realize it isn't a perfect indicator of progeny stress resistance, but selecting males that weather abuse well and suit the traits I'm after make me think I'm doing something effective. Humoring oneself, I suppose ;)
For the most part, the SB males show largely the same uniformity as the females have so far - 2 could be twins, 1 is a bit slower yet showing all the same traits/growth. One way or another, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the results of rubbing Sour Bubble against this Ohaze will be

gdtrfb

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lookin nice and hazy in here!

It's damn near foggy ;)

Love the thread.

Thanks - they're just starting to get their poof on, so we're getting closer to the fun part

Day 32
Not much new to report...the nutes got gradually knocked up to 1.5/1.6 EC. Haze is loving it, but the schnazz has gone 8 shades of eagle-clawed snagglefuck on me...really, this thing is starting to look like a hot mess of wtf. I was hoping for a little better bud production than I saw in the dirt run of this lady by running her hydro...she apparently disagrees. She's grown huge, but even in prime light the node-spacing-to-bud-making-ju-ju-ratio is kinda sad looking for being nigh unto 5 weeks in. I'm not too arsed about it, tho as I do know from the previous run what buds she does make are fairly potent. Running it as long as the Ohaze, maybe I'll end up with a spare sack of facial anesthetic...can't really complain about that.

Snapped some pics just after lights out - the green bulb I have in the ceiling fixture kinda gives things an Incredible Hulk-ish cast, but compared with tripping over plants, it's a fair trade off.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Before lights out
picture.php

Blue Mystic
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking nice , i'm gonna try my haze cut under 12/12 next time.

gdtrfb

ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking nice , i'm gonna try my haze cut under 12/12 next time.

i'd be willing to bet she'll love you for it - i'm not sure how rare the girls we have are within the ohaze line, but having found somebody else with so much similar going on with theirs, you've got my attention next time you run one

Thanks for sharin. I feel your vibe. Rock that Haze!

She damn near rocks herself, I've just got to stay out of her way ;)

speaking of, the stretch has tamed in most places, however anywhere there's another bulb in the general area of the haze...she's reaching out and trying to grab ahold of it.

there's the 400 I have seed whores/stragglers/progeny-tests and a couple of sour bubble tests running under
picture.php

and then there's another 400 not really adjoining the screen much at all, yet...still, there's haze. "Oh, you have lumens? I'll take that"
picture.php

that top is about 5 feet (mostly horizontal) from the center of its bucket

and then....there's the schnazzleberry. i just dunno wtf to say about this girl, so i'll just say 'feh'.
picture.php

I know how to baby a plant, but it's pretty obvious this little lady doesn't agree with me or my methods.

can't leave things on that sad-ass note, however, so...here's some spears-in-the-making at day 35 ;)

picture.php

gdtrfb

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 42
from above
picture.php

I vaguely remember wondering if Blue Mystic wouldn't just end up overran by haze. That might be an understatement
picture.php

what it looks like if you pry the haze off of it
picture.php

Back to the haze
picture.php

picture.php

This stage is what I've been waiting for - she's on the tail end of new cotton ball growth, and in the next 7 to 10 days, she'll 'turn' and plumpen/harden. Not knocking harvest shots, as those have their own charm, but I love plants at this stage (and I aint gonna lie, particularly this plant). The payoff is in front of your face, but there's still a goodly amount of life left in the ladies - that mix between potential and already-in-front-of-my-face tends to yin my yang appreciably.