What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Step by step bubble cloner set up (good for newb cloners)

JWP

Flowering clones in the bubble cloner

Flowering clones in the bubble cloner

S.A.D.P x skunk Clone taken from day 21 flower.

You think the branching is crazy? You shold see the roots :yoinks:
Perfect for a scrog!!! :wave:

cortez

Here goes 4 new clones taken last night(sun april 24) i cut splits and carved up the skin on the stems.lets see if this makes a difference

cortez

Any guesses as to what strain this is?This is grown from a seed i found in an old drawer i bought at a garage sale.Jwp this looks strikingly similar to yours.This is definately a very bushy strain,the branching and node seperation are very tight an compact.Not a stretcher by any means.I am very curious as to what this might be ....so anyone with good strain identification skills,I would appreciate your opinions.

RuralRoute420

next round

next round

this time strain is swt#3

off to the side under 1 40w flouro (single shoplite bulb) - indirect light

no dome

rez temps slightly cooler this time around 74'F

ColoraDro

you should make your holes bigger you would be suprised on how much room you need to pull your clones out of there trust me i learned the hard way but other than that you got yourself a nice bubble cloner may want to get a small water heater to keep the temps right though :joint:

hamstring

Veteran
Hey Cortez great thread

I am a complete newbie to this. Strictly seed and outdoors. It seems very exciting thought when I started out I did a bit of successful cloning but not with theses success rates. I had a couple of newbie questions.

1. Do you need to mist the tops of the clones?

2. How long do you leave them in the bubbler before transplanting?

3. When do you apply ferts to the bubbler? Right after you see roots on all clones?

4. Can the new clones go into dirt without any major set backs?

cortez

Durty nice job on the double wand.ColoraDro is right, make those holes bigger (3/4" to 1") you will never get them out of there without damaging the delicate roots.could you imagine ruralroute420 getting those long beards through those 1/4" holes... lol

Last edited:

cortez

Hamstring:You do not need to mist the tops.Let your roots go until you see side shoots off the tap roots.this is ready to tp
Don't add any nutes to your water...the plant does not need food at this phase.Just water and oxygen.All 4 of the clones i put in the bubbler 7 days ago have rooted...100% once again!

Oh yeah,it seems the cut and split stems DO make a difference.Root bumps noticeable in 4 to 5 days.

Last edited:

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
UltimateWarrior said:
question can you use rockwool or anything to hold the cutting in place where they could be dropped into a hydro system?

I do...just cut 2" holes in the top, drop in 2" netpots and put the RW cubes in them...

Where can I buy netpots and the RW cubes? I tried without the cubes and havent had but one out of about 20 root, the rest just got mushy and died.

Thanks, good thread,
Nickel

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
I got mine at the local hydro shop...like 25¢ each for the netpots and a sheet of 1½ cubes was $10.

If you're clones are getting mushy, odds are that the temps are too high in the res or the humidity is too high. Try getting some older growth for your clones (woodier stemmed) and reduce the temps/humidity. Lower light levels also seem to help immensely IME.

I always thought you should get the real young new growth for clones, is that not correct? Now that you mention it the temps were kind of high where I had it set up.

I have no hydro stores around here . I wonder if Lowe's or Home Depot would have the cubes and net pots.

Thanks
Nickel

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
The woodier stemmed cuttings are just a little hardier and can take more abuse. I use new growth myself, mainly since there's no such thing as old growth on my moms :D

Neither Lowes or HD will have RW or small netpots...they'll most likely look at you crazy if you even ask.

I'd try dropping your air and res temps first...I like 76-78 for air and 73-75 for teh rez...

radium-

Nickelbag I bet you do have a hydro store somewhat near you, pm your general area if you don't mind and I am sure I can find one close to you.

Latest posts

Latest posts