What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ak 47 smoke report

Harveed my first ak 47's, To be honest I was dissapointed with the bud in general. Not as frosty as anticipated nor as dense. Buds are big but not very heavy. Out of 7 females none really have any stink to them which was a bummer. Lota hype on this strain. Now the smoke is smooth and really caught me off guard. One bowl. 2 rips to finish and I was super baked. super stoney which is nice. Messed up my vision for about an hour and the high lasted prolly 2 hours solid. I didnt go back to another rip oof AK I puffed on some blueberry after the AK so I wouldnt be so baked. Good times.
so there is my AK report.

G

Agreed.....

Yah the hype is what gets it by.....
THen again it does have a stone?
im not to in favor of it either......
Thanks!

Yeah Lou, I wish I would of read my own report before I bought those seeds and took the time to sort them out . Now this next run is 90% AK. I have to now reorganize and pull a regeneration with my HDF and ICE mothers to get me back on track./ Live and Learn. I guess I should try to go to a co op for clones to shorten the new strain process. I sure wish I would have never lost the Cat piss and the Jedi, Those were strains you just cant come bye too easily. I had them for a long time and took them for granted.
Cheers

Last edited:

whodi

Veteran
oh man thanks for the heads up... i need some bag appeal that smells funkyyyy. thought this would do it for me, but i don't think i'll be buying it now.

If i may ask, which company did your ak47 come from?

Serious seeds
I thought it was going work out better. The smell is a 3. Bag appeal 5 buds are big and green but not too dense or frosty. stone 8-9 gets you super baked as in be careful baked. I would shy away unless it is for personal get me baked off my ass stash. If you want bag appeal I would look for stinkier frostier denser strains.

Kenny Lingus

Shit! They're actually marketed as a heavy stinker that demands it's carbon-filters!!!?!

Got a pack lying around, but not sure when to pop them.

P

Psychosativa

Hey Surf

I appreciate your report, but I'm curious about this. Isn't there any chance that someone has replaced the original seeds for a cheaper version? I mean, some stickyfingered worker could take the ak-47 seeds and put a cheaper version in the tube, maybe ak-48 or something like that. And sometimes, even serious companies mislabel their products for accident.
I'm just trying to be impartial about this, but it is always good to get other consumer's experiences.

Last edited:

TNJed

My AK mother, from '96 or '97 seed stock, is some of the stinkiest and tastiest pot I have in my garden. That, and it gets you super-ripped. It has huge buds that, as stated, aren't extremely dense. Still, with their enormous size, it's easy to get 25-30some gram cola buds, when dried. Takes about 63-65 days to finish, and some extra time to trim. It's totally a keeper...hell, it's been kept for eleven or twelve years! Too bad yours didn't pan out...

NorCalChron

i just puffed on some ak-47 from SF that was some of the most dense and frosed buds ive had but the smell was nothing too overpwering and the taste doesn't do it for me but its very stoney

southpaw76

I got stinky here... However, and I don't know if all strains do this but, whenever I move the girls around they tend to fart all over me. In other words, when I walk in the room i can smell them but when I move them around it's like :wave: HELLO, the funk has arrived.

The smell as I recall was nothing too overpowering until smoked when the entire living room I was smoking in suddenly stunk up a storm. The taste was not too original or special but was decent. And the high was definitely stoney and different. I was in my own 'zone' for about an hour of watching looney toons. Heady effect with serious body lock to it. I enjoyed it but wasn't an all time favorite. Definitely a powerhouse in terms of stoney smoke though.

SMARMY ARMY

my ak is from 2007 stock tastes like hashy cherries and as far as bag appeal.

What are your temps? cuz my bro grew this with high temps and he get what you are describing

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Bud density is usually environmental. Temps a little too high, not enough wattage = stretch and less density. Not saying this is the case with you but, my AK's are real stinky and trich covered. Never had any that had bad bag appeal. As stated it's stony as hell too.

Last edited:
Ak pics

Ak pics

Hey all,
Yeah Swarmy I like those. They look great. My high temps are 84 thats when it has been heat wave. I have 50 watts per foot. They were in 3 gallon promix hp fed flora nova flower no biggie. I didnt mean to offend those of you with the super AK I was looking for. One is the best looking. The bigger pheno is not as good looking. None really stink at all. Here are a couple of ok pics.
Take it easy.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Looks like you grew them well, though I don't see many trichs, odd, mine are much frostier than that, maybe you smoke better quality weed more often than I do. I have no access to 'elites'. No offence taken.

Yeah, I dont know what happend. I am thinking the next round will be better looking. I used some purple maxx this run cause i have a purple hdf that really turns color with that juice. Its supposed to bring out the frost as well but mabey the AK didnt like it.
Well see. Still the buds are big and stoney as hell.

satyr

I have grown 8 ladies out and found he best of them for a clonerun. I must agree that most of the aks was pretty generic and not very interesting. The one with the darkest green buds had a somewhat catpiss smell and trust me if it isent vacuumpacked, my car stinks to hell of pot.
It ok smoke, and an ok high but not really special.

Latest posts

Latest posts