What's new

Mendocino County Official on leave in pot case

mars2112

always hopeful yet discontent
Veteran
MENDOCINO: REDWOOD VALLEY Official on leave in pot case

The Mendocino County District Attorney's budget and finance officer has been
placed on leave pending an investigation into allegations she possessed
marijuana for sale, authorities said Friday.

About 39 pounds of dried marijuana was seized from Sherylin Young's Redwood
Valley home Thursday, Sheriff's Lt. Kurt Smallcomb confirmed Friday.

The search was done by consent, and Young has not been arrested or booked,
Smallcomb said.

"There's an investigation being conducted," he said.

Young has worked for the District Attorney's Office for about two years,
said District Attorney Meredith Lintott. She was hired by former District
Attorney Norm Vroman, who died in 2006.

Lintott said it's premature to discuss the investigation into Young's
alleged activities because she has yet to receive the police report.

"We can't say if the charges are true," she said. "Obviously we cannot
have
members of our staff breaking the law. There's definitely a zero tolerance."

Young could not be reached for comment.

-- Glenda Anderson

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/article/20071117/NEWS/711170401/1033/NEWS01

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
i wonder if any of that weed was from the evidence locker....
39 pounds is alot.... i can imagine 50kwatts or more... i find it impossible that a DA was doing that on the side.

G

THATS what Im talkin about, I personally love to see this kind of 'crooked cop' thing going on. Just goes to further illustrate just how soild of a foundation we are sittin on as a country. Good times

I've heard rumors that some city officials were growing up there but I never thought they were true! I guess you live and you learn, I doubt much will come of this though, in mendo if it grows it goes man

G

Umm up there 39 lbs of outdoor buds is about as easy to come by as a gas station, if not a lot more. Doesnt mean she was growin it, just slangin, although its possible.

Last edited:
Thats alot of weight for a public official. Like their taxpayer salary isnt enough. Obviously she has ties to a commercial grower or 5, too bad that much weed gets destroyed.

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
Its just FANTASTIC what you can grow OUTSIDE in "Northern... California..." uh huh!!

I bet its for Clubs which should be TOTALLY legal in Cali.. and should set a lovely precedent for prosecutions in the County!! one can hope!

Peace
BB

G

For you who think it is a party in Norcal:

Growing in NorCal is VERY challenging on many fronts.. Most pot is crap - 80% or more. Most is pulled early. Sold cheap. You cannot trust anyone. Meth and its' effect (Wild drama and thievery) are everywhere. People are not accountable about almost anything. Might makes right.

One wears 35 hats, and some are rough. Requiring almost interminable patience, vigilance, high costs, physical preparation, and money put out endlessly before any ever comes in.. Absolutely no guarantees, and even less of a social life.

Sounds very cliche, I know, but it is not for the fainthearted, or weak of limb.

1 of 10 pull off a successful, healthy crop.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
icysurfer said:

Growing in NorCal is VERY challenging on many fronts.. Most pot is crap - 80% or more. Most is pulled early. Sold cheap. You cannot trust anyone. Meth and its' effect (Wild drama and thievery) are everywhere. People are not accountable about almost anything. Might makes right.

One wears 35 hats, and some are rough. Requiring almost interminable patience, vigilance, high costs, physical preparation, and money put out endlessly before any ever comes in.. Absolutely no guarantees, and even less of a social life.

Sounds very cliche, I know, but it is not for the fainthearted, or weak of limb.

well put brotha...
i just cant help but think....
that sounds like so-cal... alot of early pulled buds...hard times, cops, robers, meth, crack-heads....

Gumbala

We should have a map of places to avoid and what is worth paying for..

I feel ya bro ,

The best place to grow imo is when you own 10 acres or more, have atleast one locked gate, house 1/2 mile + away from the road, live within your means, and chances are good that you will be fine.

1 in 10 is skeptical odds, but the odds hit me hard this time, never take your safety for granted!

icysurfer said:

G

39 pounds isn't really all that much.

I'm also not suprised that even someone in the DA's office has that much herb, being in Mendo and all.

NorCalChron

haha shoulda known..

i saw a stroy about a guy crashing in mendocino recently where a bunch of drying buds on clothes hangers got ejected from the car. lol

V

vaprpig

The old Mendocino DA, Norm Vroman(RIP) was a grower as well according to the stories I've heard. Prior to his death he was also being investigated for purchasing silenced MP-5 sub-machine guns with the DA budget. He also spent 9 months in prison for refusing to pay taxes. Now thats the wild west.

G

No one ever got close to proving that the popular DA Norm Vroman (RIP) was a grower. They simply found his propensity to misavoid pot-related controversy as an issue. He was pragmatic, in a big way, NOT in denial about the challenges regarding dealing with the whole underculture... Meanwhile, other Sherriff departments who used to laugh at him, for his cooperation regarding Prop 215, etc, later went to him, arms upraised, crying out for solutions to how to deal with the similar issues in their counties.

The tax thing, wow... He would occasionally show up in court in overalls. Sort of a crank, but a lovable one. A gun freak, as well, and this hobby may have hurt him politically.

Cetainly, he took his place and his ability to be eccentric to the hilt, and that just would not work anywhere over time.

However, had he lived through the election, he may have won, yet again.
Wild west indeed.

Just the tip o' da iceberg........