What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Foliage Turning White☆PICS☆

Mo. G

Foliage Turning White¿ ☆PICS☆¡
My 1st notill setup.

The girls are in roots organic green field's soil, veged for 60 days.

Act, sst, every other day.
Veg tea once a week (bat guano, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, ewc, azomite)

Solarflare t5 reflector
RH 60-65%
Temp 78°

I recently noticed that the foliage (a few) are twisted and turning white from the tip of the fan leaf inward. This is only at the top end.
Any input would be gladly appreciated 🤞

Attachments

• 20180117_192119.jpg
    20180117_192119.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20180117_192104.jpg
    20180117_192104.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20180117_192039.jpg
    20180117_192039.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20180117_192026.jpg
    20180117_192026.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 8

Limeygreen

Veteran
What is your pH like? Do you know the levels of your micro nutrients and your Macro nutrients? To me looks like zinc deficiency or manganese possibly. Can be caused by too high of P level, too high of a pH level and too cool of a temperature (air and root zone).

Easy test would be foliar spray some chelated micro nutrients at recommended rate on a couple branches or a plant etc and watch the progress, if it improves you know the cause. If you have your soil tests then you should know the levels of the nutrients.

One more possibility, how are your moisture levels? Did it dry out too much before you started seeing these symptoms? Has it been taking extra time to dry out before you have seen these symptoms?

P

Pinnate

If they were mine I'd wipe the leaves with a moist tissue to see if it's mould...

OTOH, it looks kinda like dried water splashes that contained minerals?

I've never seen a deficiency that looks quite like that.

Mo. G

What is your pH like? Do you know the levels of your micro nutrients and your Macro nutrients? To me looks like zinc deficiency or manganese possibly. Can be caused by too high of P level, too high of a pH level and too cool of a temperature (air and root zone).

Easy test would be foliar spray some chelated micro nutrients at recommended rate on a couple branches or a plant etc and watch the progress, if it improves you know the cause. If you have your soil tests then you should know the levels of the nutrients.

One more possibility, how are your moisture levels? Did it dry out too much before you started seeing these symptoms? Has it been taking extra time to dry out before you have seen these symptoms?

I've never checked ph for my soil grows in the past and they've been fine.

The act teas and veg teas along with optiveg for foliar is all that the soil/girl receive.

I keep them somewhat moist but not heavily saturated.
The soil has not dried out at all.
I feed the soil every day or every other day.
I first noticed a few girls that have the unknown symptoms were close to the humidifier, so I thought it could have been cal build up, so I took it lightly.
A few days after, I realized that it was spreading to a few girls here and there.

It kinda looks like mag def so I foliar sprayed with seaweed kelp and Epson salt a day ago so I'm hoping it's mag def.
It kinda looks like early signs of tobacco mosaic virus. 😱....I hope not

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Foliage Turning White¿ ☆PICS☆¡
My 1st notill setup.

The girls are in roots organic green field's soil, veged for 60 days.

Act, sst, every other day.
Veg tea once a week (bat guano, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, ewc, azomite)

Solarflare t5 reflector
RH 60-65%
Temp 78°

I recently noticed that the foliage (a few) are twisted and turning white from the tip of the fan leaf inward. This is only at the top end.
Any input would be gladly appreciated 🤞

Are these clones or from seed?

Latest posts

Latest posts