What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco/perlite ratio for ppk?

Anyone played around with ratios? I can't get turface in my country. Just harvested my first ppk run with 30/70 coco to perlite, wondering if anyone else uses these mediums and at what ratio? Recirculating puts me off using too much coco but for all I know it could work fine

Harvested 22oz off 4 plants 850w in a 4x4. The plants didn't fill tent properly and one was a shitty strain that probably yielded 4 so I'm guessing the rest averaged 6, which I'm sure I could push to 7. Only once did I pull that much coco dtw with 8 plants and a lot more work involved...

Ppk all day for me now

Interesting you say that as I actually used 100% perlite in the drain piece as was advised by people more knowledgeable than myself. With coco in it roots grow down and block it apparently. One of my perlite ones the roots grew down and blocked it a little....

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Interesting you say that as I actually used 100% perlite in the drain piece as was advised by people more knowledgeable than myself. With coco in it roots grow down and block it apparently. One of my perlite ones the roots grew down and blocked it a little....

Okay, I can totally see that happening. I'm speaking entirely on theory here and not experience. For some reason I was imagining the turface in the stem when I picture Delta's original slideshow. Am I crazy?

Last edited: