What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Himalayan Ganjas Geurilla Grow In The Swamp

I have obtaines 10 coco bricks of 10 lb each. each brick will open up to EACTLY 70 liters of substrate. for guerilla operations i think coco blocks a re the easiest option. i dont know the price of FFOF soil or Frog Soil or whatever its called. BUT i know these bricks are to be had at MAXIMUM 15 dollars a piece. so thats 15 dollars for 20 gallons of soil. but the main adantage is stealth. ONE large frame backpack could hold 5 blocks of coco at a time. so you see how this can greatly reduce the effort of hauling regular soil to the grow site. to haul the equivilant in regular peat based soil mies, would take many backpack loads as opposed to one with the coco.

as for expanding the blocks on site. take a solid garbage bag with you. put the desired amount of coc into the bag one on site where you pla to place the grow pot. add the correct amount of water to the bag, close the bag in a way as to preven the water running out, let the coco absorb the water for 20 to 30 minutes. by then the coc should have epanded perfectly obsorbing all the water that was added. now time to mix in the ammendments:

dry fertilizers granule, mineral or organic are then added to the coco with lime and some omposted chicken manure granules. i will also add about 20 percent volume of native soil to this mix thus adding life to the inert coco, and voila a swamp tube thats ready to go!

next time i take pictures it will be of how i do the above mentioned. take care. be patient. plan well in advance. i want success this year, and i hope the same to all you fellow guerilla worriors. the one man army that takes what he wants, armed only with his shovel and a fat joint, victory to us all!

dang yesterday as i was ben over installing a swamp tube....... BAM rifle shots right near by. i quickly dismounted my shovel put it in the back pack, tidied myself a bit a proceeded to walk away casually as a random mushroom hunter would. as a walked i ran right into the hunter himself. i said hi he said hi i said "that you dat gon shot that rifle eh?" he say "eye dat me alright." i say dang that was close what you shooting today? boars?" "no on i shootin these here pheasants. ok i see says me.

all in all no stress i handled the encounter smoothly told him i was just looking for mushrooms thats all. he totally bought it, we parted with politefull handshake and that it.

i will definately wait till hunting season is completely over to venture bac there. if i run into the same guy again then he might start getting enquisitive.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
dang yesterday as i was ben over installing a swamp tube....... BAM rifle shots right near by. i quickly dismounted my shovel put it in the back pack, tidied myself a bit a proceeded to walk away casually as a random mushroom hunter would. as a walked i ran right into the hunter himself. i said hi he said hi i said "that you dat gon shot that rifle eh?" he say "eye dat me alright." i say dang that was close what you shooting today? boars?" "no on i shootin these here pheasants. ok i see says me.

all in all no stress i handled the encounter smoothly told him i was just looking for mushrooms thats all. he totally bought it, we parted with politefull handshake and that it.

i will definately wait till hunting season is completely over to venture bac there. if i run into the same guy again then he might start getting enquisitive.

Definitely keep a low profile out in the woods. I'd recommend carrying a book on mushrooms and maybe even picking a few if you see any and keeping them in a bag to help support your story should any trouble arise. Good idea waiting until hunting season passes. Hunters are typically the ones to stumble on guerrilla grows and will tend to wander down any trail you leave so watch out on taking the same path to your grow often.

You mentioned he was hunting pheasant... Pheasants live in grassy areas kind of like where you are growing so that would explain why he was there. Hunters also scout in the off season so always be aware of your surroundings and any sounds you may hear. Squawking birds or barking squirrels in the distance could be giving you a heads up that something or someone is coming.

I would definitely reconsider the whole kiddie pool reservoir as it could be a giveaway even if covered with a tarp. Those cheap vinyl pools also don't hold up too well long term. Don't leave any bags or trash behind either. You said the streams are above your grow? Maybe install a passive line and bury it in the ground down to your grow so you will have a continuous supply of gravity fed water?

I love guerrilla grows and the pictures you took! Keep this grow updated as I have subbed! :good: Stay safe out there!

hello tomatoes. thans for dropping by. and i take note of every thing you said regarding safety. i am all excited for this grow, but i cant let myself make a silly mistake because of it. yep only hunters to worry about. atleast here, non hunters have really no interest in walking over rugged terrain. and about hunters by observing an area over a few season one can learn to pick up on the patterns of these hunters and know the spots where they DO go and the spots where they dont go.

i will have a total of 3 maybe 4 plots in completely different areas. 2 are in the swamp and another is in the mountain ravine.

about this ravine there is the stream that run year long. i want to try do swamp tubes along this stream. the stream lays in a way that it recieves many houts of sun. so i want to try use the stream bed to plant in and let the stream water my plants. i am going to this spot on my next expedition and will take photos and dig up some holes and show yall my cool shovel and my mountain hillside swamp. thats right there is also a little spring at the bottoim of a slope that creates a small hill-side swamp.

all in all i will work on another spot i am preparing up in the mountains, where there is much less hunter passage. thats where there is the stream

as you said tomatos, the pool is not a good idea. i have decided no pool. i will stick to the ravine which has the stream that flows year round, thus i will not need to store water for the draught; i will remind everyone that where i am there is ZERO rain from june till november

JustSumTomatoes

hello tomatoes. thans for dropping by. and i take note of every thing you said regarding safety. i am all excited for this grow, but i cant let myself make a silly mistake because of it. yep only hunters to worry about. atleast here, non hunters have really no interest in walking over rugged terrain. and about hunters by observing an area over a few season one can learn to pick up on the patterns of these hunters and know the spots where they DO go and the spots where they dont go.

i will have a total of 3 maybe 4 plots in completely different areas. 2 are in the swamp and another is in the mountain ravine.

about this ravine there is the stream that run year long. i want to try do swamp tubes along this stream. the stream lays in a way that it recieves many houts of sun. so i want to try use the stream bed to plant in and let the stream water my plants. i am going to this spot on my next expedition and will take photos and dig up some holes and show yall my cool shovel and my mountain hillside swamp. thats right there is also a little spring at the bottoim of a slope that creates a small hill-side swamp.

all in all i will work on another spot i am preparing up in the mountains, where there is much less hunter passage. thats where there is the stream

as you said tomatos, the pool is not a good idea. i have decided no pool. i will stick to the ravine which has the stream that flows year round, thus i will not need to store water for the draught; i will remind everyone that where i am there is ZERO rain from june till november

Sounds like a plan. Being close to water will simplify things and make growing much more hassle free. I always plant near water and carry a fishing pole and a "bait bucket" for watering. Good luck!

gorilla ganja

Does the stream dry up at all during the dry spell?
look forward to watching the action

Best of luck and may all your Buds be Huge.

Peace GG

hello gorilla. thanks for you interest in my grow. i have enjoyed many of your posts on this site.

yes this ravine i am talking about has a year long stream even in the drought it flows slow and small but she flows.

for me the biggest obstacle iw water. last year i lost soooo many plants cuz i there was water at the spot in may but come august it was very dry. this year i will only plant where there is guaranteed water supply. i hope to have a situationwith plants a few feet from water thus dunk the bucket, take 3 steps then pour the water

i have been preping a plot thats 10 meters away from a small year round stream. i will be putting a hose in the stream up hill with a 6 foot rise. the other end of the hose to my plot for watering. now this is my dilemna. either i can put a watering timer on the hose and have proper wet dry cycle OR i can do another idea:

1 make 2 raised rows in the plot. raised a minimum of 1 foot high.

2 lay down a strip of hose in between each raised row.

3 poke many many VERY SMALL holes down the entire lenght of the hoses

4 wrap thes pin pricked hoses in many tight layers of nylon fabric. fasten fabric in place with ties or rope or string or wat ever is on hand.

5 burry each hose in the small ravine between the raised beds

6 connect each hose to the main line that is connected to the stream

The idea is to make a gorilla water collar but instead of a bottle feeding the collar, i want the stream to feed the collar. i understand that the collar with a bottle will only release water when the soil begins to dry out. i am guessing that the same ting can be achieved by making the holes in the burried pipe VERY SMALL AND NUMEROUSE. then the nylon fabric should help to slow down the flow. then soil compacted around the hose shouls also help to regulate this flow

if the water source were to be much higher in elevation then i could imagine that it would creat a good pressue and that would maybe make the water flow out of the holes too quick. so normally if there is a very small pressure in the pipe the water should flow slowly.

then there is the raised bed. the pipe is burried 6 inches below surface of the space between the rows. thus the stem of the plant would be about 1 foot above the part of the ground recieving the constant water. thus even if the idea didnt work as planned, and the water flows too fast thus saturating the soil beyond acceptable, well then the plants are raised above this muddy area and should in theory have no problem

i really hope to get as much feed back as possible oin this idea. i think that if posssible this could be a easy way to water a set and forget patch

patiently waiting for all you super-smart boys and gals to tell me what you think

THE PLOT THATS 10 METERS FROM THE MOUNTAIN STREAM

ITS IN THE VERY CENTER OF A BIG BLACK BERRY THICKET

THE SOIL IS RICH BUT A BIT TOO MUCH CLAY; I AM ADDING AS MUCH ORGANIC MATTER AS I CAN

BREAK INBETWEEN DIGGING

THATS FROM MY LAST YEAR GROW. I GOT THE SEEDS FROM A FREIND THAT DOES INDOOR; THE SEEDS HE GAVE ME WERE ALL CHILDREN OF PROPER STORE BOUGHT DUTCH SEEEDS.

IT WAS REALLY COOL; I GOT 100 PER CENT GERMINATIO WITH THOSE FREE SEEDS. ALSO 10/10 WERE FEMALE!!!!!!

I GOT A TOTAL OF 600 GR FROM 10 PLANTS; IN THE BEGINNING OF THE GROW SEASON I PUT OUT A TOTAL OF 150 SEEDLINGS; 40 WERE IN THE SWAMP; THE ONES IN THE SWAMP ALL GOT EATEN BUY SOME RODENTS AND SOME BY SLUGS;
THEN ABOUT ANOTHER 100 DIED FROM DROUGHT WHEN THE SPRING A PLANTED NEXT TO DRIED UP IN JULY; SO OUT OF 15O I HARVESSTED ONLY 10 LAST YEAR BUT STILL GOT A GOOD JAR FULL. HAD THEY ALL SURVIVED WELL DANG THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN ALOT OF WEED!!!!

THATS WHY THIS YEAR I AM STARTING EARLY AND FOCUSING ON PLACES WITH WATER

Last edited:
i just got in from an early morning drop off. i put my stakes and cages all out at the swamp spot. this afternoon i go to set up the cages. these cages i measure, cut and weave into the tube, all at home. then i fold the ready cages into a size that can easily fit into a bag. then i lay them ontop eachother stacked up, then into the bag, then to the site. it takes time to prep each cage and it better to be onsite as less as possible. do as much preparation as possible, at home. so that when we venture out into to open we are quick, efficient, and gone without a trace

JustSumTomatoes

i have been preping a plot thats 10 meters away from a small year round stream. i will be putting a hose in the stream up hill with a 6 foot rise. the other end of the hose to my plot for watering. now this is my dilemna. either i can put a watering timer on the hose and have proper wet dry cycle OR i can do another idea:

1 make 2 raised rows in the plot. raised a minimum of 1 foot high.

2 lay down a strip of hose in between each raised row.

3 poke many many VERY SMALL holes down the entire lenght of the hoses

4 wrap thes pin pricked hoses in many tight layers of nylon fabric. fasten fabric in place with ties or rope or string or wat ever is on hand.

5 burry each hose in the small ravine between the raised beds

6 connect each hose to the main line that is connected to the stream

The idea is to make a gorilla water collar but instead of a bottle feeding the collar, i want the stream to feed the collar. i understand that the collar with a bottle will only release water when the soil begins to dry out. i am guessing that the same ting can be achieved by making the holes in the burried pipe VERY SMALL AND NUMEROUSE. then the nylon fabric should help to slow down the flow. then soil compacted around the hose shouls also help to regulate this flow

if the water source were to be much higher in elevation then i could imagine that it would creat a good pressue and that would maybe make the water flow out of the holes too quick. so normally if there is a very small pressure in the pipe the water should flow slowly.

then there is the raised bed. the pipe is burried 6 inches below surface of the space between the rows. thus the stem of the plant would be about 1 foot above the part of the ground recieving the constant water. thus even if the idea didnt work as planned, and the water flows too fast thus saturating the soil beyond acceptable, well then the plants are raised above this muddy area and should in theory have no problem

i really hope to get as much feed back as possible oin this idea. i think that if posssible this could be a easy way to water a set and forget patch

patiently waiting for all you super-smart boys and gals to tell me what you think

I'm liking the water collar idea as it is simple and pretty much operates on its own. Maybe add a valve right where the hose starts to go into the ravine so you have control over the water flow instead of just hoping for the best with all the small holes wrapped in fabric/rope? I use valves with my drip systems and they are very helpful.

JustSumTomatoes

Maybe something like this?

Attachments

• bv-201.jpg
    bv-201.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 18
so you think that the root wont get too wet since the root ball will be up in the raised bad which doesnt get wet?

yes i have some valves to put at the inlet side of the pipe

JustSumTomatoes

As long as the ground bellow it is slightly moist not waterlogged you should be alright with that raised bed. I'd recommend maybe adding a little perlite to your coco to provide drainage and air pockets. Obviously the idea is to provide enough water to keep the plants happy but also avoid root rot. You'll probably have to make several visits for adjustments to get into that sweet spot but again, the valve will help with that.

gorilla ganja

Be Careful if you use perlite. It can wash to the top of soil and the white really stands out.

Have you been to this area last year when it was green. You maybe surprised if the natural vegetation is lush and green it may not need too much water.

I like your water collar idea.you can buy hose with pin holes in it already. How would you feed it ? gravity and siphon it to the area or a solar powered pump on a timer?

Your water fed area will stick out badly if the natural plants are all dried/yellowed up around your plot. That is why the swamps are nice.

Peace GG

i cant get perlite to the spot. i am mixing a large quantity of organic matter with the native soil to add drainage.

yes the plot is right next to the stream. the stream has water even in summer. as you said gg, i think the soil there gets some moisture naturally from the proximity to the constant water source, the stream. i just want to make sure they plants have plenty of water so thats why i want to do the irrigation. the drip pipe or water collar will be fed directly from the stream at a spot that is abou 3-4 feet higher than the plot. normally if i were to just have a hose flowing water constantly i will get root rot, but by regulating the flow to ver tiny amount dripping constantly, then it should work. if i see that the plant show signs of over watering then i will quickly turn off the valve and start watering by hand weekly.