What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1 Acre / 1000 plant grow

Reaper

A few more pics.
I went and checked on the girls today. They're finishing up quickly. I noticed the first small signs of mold - only on a few plants. So i will pull thrm early next week.

Attachments

• IMG_0976.jpg
    IMG_0976.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0938.jpg
    IMG_0938.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0968.jpg
    IMG_0968.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 25
M

moose eater

Reaper, Are you able or willing to share the fertilizer regimen of that field, and any related agricultural history preceding this crop that's not cannabis related?

Curious if there's been carry-over from agriculture that accentuates or assists, organics, etc.

They sure look happy.

Reaper

Reaper, Are you able or willing to share the fertilizer regimen of that field, and any related agricultural history preceding this crop that's not cannabis related?

Curious if there's been carry-over from agriculture that accentuates or assists, organics, etc.

They sure look happy.

Sure. First of all, the farmer says this field had never been plowed or planted. It was used as pasture for cattle for as long as he could remember.The field is also located next to and downhill from the cattle barn. So safe to assume that there's been a lot of leakage of bovine excrement and urine over the years.

When we plowed before planting we added about 50kg (110lbs) of commercial 12-6-18 fertilzer.

Mid september we top dressed with another 50kg of 0-12-26

M

moose eater

Cool.

With un-composted manure being somewhere near a 2-1-1 or a 2-2-2, then it's safe to assume the run-off would be a fair bit less than that, but way helpful. And the pasture would have the manure factor, plus the composting of the hay or grass that grew there on an annual basis, so more N again.

Your fert choices seem in line with the Adv Nutes scheme of higher K, where as, historically, folks had believed (for bloom) a lower N, high P, and moderate K, which is what I'd learned, in contrast to the AN and newer thinking, which still perplexes me. Especially where K-induced lock-outs are concerned..

And by 'plow,' I assume you're talking tiling under top-growth.

Like I said, they look pretty darned content.

My fingers' tendons and joints, and nerves between my shoulder blades hurt thinking about the trimming. I guess that's where the motorized trimming machines come in handy. :biggrin:

The 'burden of wealth.' :biggrin:

Good job!!!

Sure. First of all, the farmer says this field had never been plowed or planted. It was used as pasture for cattle for as long as he could remember.The field is also located next to and downhill from the cattle barn. So safe to assume that there's been a lot of leakage of bovine excrement and urine over the years.

When we plowed before planting we added about 50kg (110lbs) of commercial 12-6-18 fertilzer.

Mid september we top dressed with another 50kg of 0-12-26

Reaper

Cool.

Your fert choices seem in line with the Adv Nutes scheme of higher K, where as, historically, folks had believed (for bloom) a lower N, high P, and moderate K, which is what I'd learned, in contrast to the AN and newer thinking, which still perplexes me. Especially where K-induced lock-outs are concerned..

And by 'plow,' I assume you're talking tiling under top-growth.

!

First off I know little to nothing about agriculture. So yes, it might be "tilling under top-growth" instead of plowing.

Regarding the high K nutes. Yes, this seems to be the new trend. Originally I was looking for a veg fertilizer with the approx proportions of 20-5-15 or something similar. But was unable to find this. So I had to fall back on something with higher K than N. This didn't seem like a logical choice for a veg fertilzer.

For the flowering nute I was looking for a 5-20-15. Or something with low N, high P and a bit less K. Same thing, was unable to find this. I was always under the impression that it was the P that gave you bigger flowers, not so much the K...

M

moose eater

First off I know little to nothing about agriculture. So yes, it might be "tilling under top-growth" instead of plowing.

Regarding the high K nutes. Yes, this seems to be the new trend. Originally I was looking for a veg fertilizer with the approx proportions of 20-5-15 or something similar. But was unable to find this. So I had to fall back on something with higher K than N. This didn't seem like a logical choice for a veg fertilzer.

For the flowering nute I was looking for a 5-20-15. Or something with low N, high P and a bit less K. Same thing, was unable to find this. I was always under the impression that it was the P that gave you bigger flowers, not so much the K...

Looking at that 'golden acre,' you'd be hard-pressed to convince me you know nothing about ag. :biggrin:

The nice part of it being one acre is that avails itself to easier conversions for smaller plots/amounts of application, in any attempts to replicate.

No dolomite or other liming?

And yeah, the current thinking among some sources, seems to turn the older formulas for bloom ferts on their heads a bit. I can't say I've had a lot of luck with the AN approach to nutrients, when converting and trying to match ratios via my own individual components/additives.

What ever it is seems to have worked well for you.

And cows are pretty cool critters to hang out with too. :biggrin: Relatively laid back, over all. :)

Just keep 'em outa the goods. Our goats raided an outdoor vegging crop 40 years ago. Probably the only day I -really- didn't care for nanny goats. :biggrin:

Reaper

No, no liming.
Maybe next year i'll take it a bit more seriously and get a soil analysis.

Attachments

• IMG_0999.JPG
    IMG_0999.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 21

DunHav`nFun

Respect Reaper.....Been a while since viewing your big ass eastern euro escapades , and with your return from the dead I`d expect nothing less.....

What`s it been ?....`05 since you faded away ?.....regardless....Proud ta see you`re back in the swing of things and blowin shit up.....now....

1000 plants on 5' centers is a lil over 1/2 acre total coverage but it looks like there`s not much walking room around em , so here`s hoping for a heavy harvest bro....

Back in the day while we were runnin krusty buckets , you and soquick were runnin everything else with increased numbers and killin it , and plant numbers dictate yield so good luck on this one.....

How tall are those plants...3-5 '.... ?....anyways....wanted to stop in and show respect where it`s due and wish yas nothin but the best in the future....Hell....looks like you need some of our double digit THC hybrids to kill what`s goin on over there in your end of the earth....no matter.....

Thanks for your time and experience.....Good luck and....

Peace.....DHF....DedHedFred.....:ying:

Last edited:
M

moose eater

^^^They look like they're talking quietly amongst themselves. Likely plotting. I'd keep an eye on them. If the milk one day has a green hue to the bubbles in the foam at the edge of the milking bucket, and there's plants missing, you'll know who to question. :biggrin:

M

metsäkana

lmao the cows, i dont know why but cows+pot=smile

they are making a plan to get to plants

therevverend

Veteran
Very nice lots of free fertilizer standing around. Pasture land is fertile already, mix that manure with straw and compost it over winter and you have something good. I was top dressing with horse manure all year and it worked great.
If you've ever been chased out of a field by angry cows you know they make decent guards. If you've ever been cow tipping they don't make good night watchmen.

~star~crash~

people don't realize cows are mainly nocturnal animals (to beat the heat) in the summertime ... i've been out in the patch while they bed down in 2:00 a.m ...big beasts in the night

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for sharing reaper, very impressive!
what is your watering schedule like for the field and your source of water? have you had to adjust the water in any ways?