What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Winter crops?

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
For some of us in mild climates...what are your favorite winter crops.. and don't say snow peas as I got that covered lol...yeehaw...looking for new ideas

Betterhaff

Veteran
I love late season radishes, they seem to be sweeter. I usually put in a fall crop of spinach, grows slow but doesn’t bolt. Didn’t have a chance this year.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kale, cauliflower, carrots, shallots, baby lettuce. Hoop house will help. Oh....others mentioned that.

Green Squall

Bok Choy. Love that stuff.

Not sure if your using the ground or containers, but garlic planting season is coming up too

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I have never grown bok choy...that's a new one to try for me...yeehaw...growing in ground but if I run out of space containers an option too...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have never grown bok choy...that's a new one to try for me...yeehaw...growing in ground but if I run out of space containers an option too...

We do lots of 5 gallon, even 2 gallon containers. Definitely a hoop structure (inexpensive, easy to maintain, extends garden season.

Had a greenhouse for umpteen years...loved that, too, for starting everything from seed....herbs, ganja, flowers, medicinal plants, veggies, you name it!

In SO CA, you should be able to reap garden goodness almost year round.

Nothing beats fresh garlic and other veggies mentioned.