What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Early Bubba Hash - limited edition

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Funny you should mention the LEDs MM, it was my first thought.

I'm no expert but with the fully outdoor Erdpurt genetics in the mix maybe there's some dimension of light that they were missing. Maybe that's a long shot.. The only other thing maybe is the pot size if you're growing in soil (you've probably mentioned that and I might of missed it. Apologies if you're not growing in soil).

deepwaterdude

Thanks, fellas!! :)

I started to come back in and say, 'But Dubi!! It's not over yet!!' Alas, it is; I found a few amber trichs scattered amongst the buds this morning so I figure plain water for a few days and then I'll take them down.

So, I know it wasn't the genetics - they are tops! And I'm pretty sure it wasn't my care - they are still just as green and healthy as can be. So, what, then, would make the buds stop so small? Well, I hate, hate, HATE to admit it, but I am afraid it is probably the LED light? Could that be the difference here? I figure if nothing else, I'll keep the LED for veg because they did fantastic in veg under it, but try something else for flower next indoor grow. What do you guys think? I welcome any input.

:) Thank you, farmerlion. I am REALLY hoping to get in a real nice outdoor grow for the summer season. I have several wonderful Ace genetics to choose from and I think I'll try some EBH, Golden Tiger, Zamaldelica and some Violeta outdoors. I have plenty of room and plenty of sun outdoors, so I'm hoping to bring in the motherlode :D

Peace
Maven

Good looking buds and finish, maybe a little less yield than desired. Has happened to me many times;)
I'm an expert at shutting down good flowering with added P + K, could be what happened to you. That is absolutely dripping with crystal, so props for keeping 'em healthy!

MaryMaven

Funny you should mention the LEDs MM, it was my first thought.

I'm no expert but with the fully outdoor Erdpurt genetics in the mix maybe there's some dimension of light that they were missing. Maybe that's a long shot.. The only other thing maybe is the pot size if you're growing in soil (you've probably mentioned that and I might of missed it. Apologies if you're not growing in soil).

Both of those are good thoughts on the limiting factors. I really should have upped them to the 5 gallon pots before flower as ODH and I discussed earlier. I left them in the 3s because they were already so big, I just knew I wouldn't have room for them in the 5s in my limited space.

I'll probably throw a couple of these in the ground this summer as well - I think they will do marvelously well out there. :) They really were made for the outdoors, after all, eh?

MaryMaven

Good looking buds and finish, maybe a little less yield than desired. Has happened to me many times;)
I'm an expert at shutting down good flowering with added P + K, could be what happened to you. That is absolutely dripping with crystal, so props for keeping 'em healthy!

huh, well I'll be darned!! I've heard of shutting down flower with too much nitrogen - that's why I got individual P + K supplements to avoid too much nitrogen - but not with just P and K before! I learn something new in this place every day! :) Thanks!! I will definitely keep that in mind for the next time around indoors!!

They are nicely covered, and they smell delicious. The harvest will be enough to at least supplement my daughter's medication very well even if it doesn't completely keep her from having to buy ANY until the summer harvest is done, so I'm happy. :)

MaryMaven

Welp, I found my very first nanners today - two of them just starting to come out on the top of one of the plants. I know that this isn't the reason for buds stalling because they are the first, only on 1 plant, and the buds stalled a couple of weeks ago. I imagine she just decided she was done waiting for a man (they are 8 weeks in flower now) and ready to go and if I wasn't going to help her she was gonna help herself. :D

The EBH plants are coming out tomorrow so I wouldn't have worried about it, but I pulled them out because my (Ace) Panama x Malawi is in there with them and she still has a ways to go. Better safe than sorry. I'll check the plant that threw the nanners over double-triple good tomorrow when I take her down to make sure she doesn't have any others that could eventually open as these will be hanging on the opposite side of the basement that the PxM is flowering in....don't want any late surprises with her! She's too young to be a mama! :D

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Mary Maven, I hope the harvest you have is an absolute blessing. I enjoyed the ride, Thank you!
Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MaryMaven,

I'm neither an expert on LED lights, but i still prefer to use HPS for indoor flowering, especially when growing lines with more outdoor 'blood' like ErdPurt and its crosses.

Your Early Bubba Hash was already close or ready to harvest :yes:
Looking forward to hear your opinion about her flowers after drying process and a bit of curing.
Wish you have enjoyed growing her as much as us following your grow diary :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Early Bubba Hash is already sold out.

I would like to thank all the growers who have supported this special limited edition rich in CBD :huggg:

gorilla ganja

Early Bubba Hash just before harvest
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Peace GG

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi GG,

So nice to see you lately growing different ACE Seeds' strains again, your support is much appreciated, thanks a lot! ;)

Hope you have enjoyed growing your Early Bubba Hashes, looks like a few jars will be full of nice CBD rich afghani flowers :D Your comments about your growing experience with her or smoking reports after curing process are always welcome :)

Morglie

Early bubba hash. There were several nights where my flower room got down into the 40s F, which really brought out the colors.

Spiced meat flavor, mixed with a hash scent. Fairly clear headed buzz. If I'm on my feet it can be productive, but if I'm sitting down, it puts me to sleep pretty quickly. It's got a great numbing and soothing body buzz.

Attachments

• IMG_20180217_194911.jpg
    IMG_20180217_194911.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20180218_091101.jpg
    IMG_20180218_091101.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20180218_091117.jpg
    IMG_20180218_091117.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 15

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful Early Bubba Hash Morglie :)

Glad you are enjoying with her qualities at different moments of the day.

And thanks for posting your experiences with our strains :yes:

Theorganicguy

Hello Dubi,

I hope your work and research are going great.
I have a little question for you, since you gathered so much data on this strain. I am soon going to start some Early bubba hash I purchased from you guys. I am located at 48N and wanted to know if the most Erdpurt influenced phenos will start flowering after around a month of life.
I ask because I'll use a small 10L airpot and I am not fully sure if plant can get root bounded in an airpot.

Correct me if I am wrong:
-bubba kush pheno: coffey-kushy aroma and needs a little bit longer to finish
-erdpurt pheno: faster, berry-hashey aroma with red pistils while flowering

I'll keep you updated of course, once everything will start :)

Have a nice sunday!

-Theo

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hello Dubi,
I am located at 48N and wanted to know if the most Erdpurt influenced phenos will start flowering after around a month of life.
I ask because I'll use a small 10L airpot and I am not fully sure if plant can get root bounded in an airpot.

Hey Theo,

Are you asking if the Erdpurt pheno of EBH will autoflower after a month? Dubi will definitely correct me if I'm wrong but I thought EBH was a full photoperiod variety. If you're growing outdoors and you plan to plant these soon then the flowering period won't start for another 3 months, give or take depending on pheno.

The idea of airpots is that the roots self prune when they get to the holes at the sides of the pot. This means more of the soil volume is populated by root mass instead of the roots just hitting the sides of the pot, traveling around the sides, and effectively becoming root bound. With an airpot each strand of root naturally grows secondary roots when the tip of a main root hits air. The secondary roots branch out in the soil better utilising its mass.

In general airpots have little to do with autoflowering genes. It is true that some varieties have a tendency to autoflower when roots hit the side of a normal pot. A proper auto flowering variety will autoflower when it gets to a certain maturity regardless of the pot you use. Same goes for a photoperiod variety, only the length of light versus dark will trigger flowering.

I could be wrong but in general I don't think EBH will start to flower after a month in a 10L airpot..

Is there a semi autoflowering trait in EBH?

I have two seeds of EBH popped at the moment also for outdoor this season :)

Theorganicguy

Hey Theo,

Are you asking if the Erdpurt pheno of EBH will autoflower after a month? Dubi will definitely correct me if I'm wrong but I thought EBH was a full photoperiod variety. If you're growing outdoors and you plan to plant these soon then the flowering period won't start for another 3 months, give or take depending on pheno.

The idea of airpots is that the roots self prune when they get to the holes at the sides of the pot. This means more of the soil volume is populated by root mass instead of the roots just hitting the sides of the pot, traveling around the sides, and effectively becoming root bound. With an airpot each strand of root naturally grows secondary roots when the tip of a main root hits air. The secondary roots branch out in the soil better utilising its mass.

In general airpots have little to do with autoflowering genes. It is true that some varieties have a tendency to autoflower when roots hit the side of a normal pot. A proper auto flowering variety will autoflower when it gets to a certain maturity regardless of the pot you use. Same goes for a photoperiod variety, only the length of light versus dark will trigger flowering.

I could be wrong but in general I don't think EBH will start to flower after a month in a 10L airpot..

Is there a semi autoflowering trait in EBH?

I have two seeds of EBH popped at the moment also for outdoor this season :)

Hi Kalbhairav,

It looks like we're both on the EBH ship :)

As far as I know, EBH will start flowering some weeks sooner than most photoperiodic strains, so it doesn't really follow my definition of photoperiodic strain.I think the name used for such genetics by today standard should be "Fast flowering", if I don't recall wrong.
I took in account that the erdpurt phenos may be even more sensible and start flowering if confined in small pots. Just some shower thoughts though ;)

Anyway, let's see dubi's opinion

Good luck with your beans :tiphat:

-Theo

Morglie

EBH does not have auto flowering tendencies. It did start flowering for me outside about a week before any of my other plants last season, and it can finish in 7 weeks. Very fast strain. And great smoke.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Ok guy's, who has some pictures? I'm trying to be patient and not rush germination to soon. I might have to fire up the heater for a week or two at night. Anticipation is kicking my ass. Peace