What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who are the best growers here on Icmag ?

Chappi

Tru that

We all grow with love because we love to grow....

It can only be good...even if you’re a noob...you grew that shit! Fuk yeah!

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
I thought of another old throwback that had large steel balls.
I cant recall the name....But, I know someone remembers this dude. He was in the south, a city...maybe even Atlanta, dead smack in the city. He had tons of pics and it showed how he was surrounded by buildings, but had a very healthy backyard, and every day he would move them under his large tree from the heli's, and appeared to always be a scramble when he heard them, i remember that specific heart pound no doubt. It may even be possible he made some sort of track system so he could move his large potted plants with ease. Maybe ring a bell to someone. He was craft as all hell, great risk factor he played with and grew great dope it seemed.
LouGrew??

Medfinder

Chemon 91
How bout those that have passed some of there own created genetics to the community only to be sued for millions and have to change there name.

and it wasn't cuz they were chasing Redlegs in Mexico.

Thanks Josey Wales for all you have done for many.

:tiphat: gg4

picture.php

F

Freedom45

LouGrew??

That guy was a legend, I remember his back yard 300 plant grows in a dense neighbourhood

Think he got busted the year after his big grow but was back at it a few years later

Back yard, hose pipe and lots of sun... old school but was amazing to see

Limeygreen

Veteran
It was quite south where he was too, I believe he was able to pull 3-4 crops a year and would take pictures from his roof. His threads were always entertaining as well.

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Ill mention another.

Agent Smith, why? Well you will be hardpressed to find someone using Gavita's and damn near lab style clean rooms back then. I recall his thread he started, tits room, looking almost all dialed and then poof, mia. My suggestion would be recommended for cutting fucking edge, because after I saw his thread I had to hunt for a shop that would order gavitas. Back then only certain hydro shops could get them ( very few, maybe one shop per COUNTY sometimes ) , and the one wholesale company in the US carried very few...and here we are with all the new innovation. Blink of an eye , we are here. As far as Im concerned he needs a spot on the list for cutting edge design and honestly at that time...his design was slightly out of the box! haha Imagine that....considering todays standard is that and such.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
INFO ON HOW TO GET 1.5GPW+

This took ALOT of digging, and I had to type in all of VerdantGreen's quotes to share them from screenshots on my phone, most are from 2009 and i couldn't find the threads again.

HERE IS ANOTHER THREAD FULL OF 3lbs+ PER LIGHT INFORMATION:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=297552

Best indoor growers imho are people claiming 1.5+gpw yields. There are others i am probably forgetting also.

In Hydro:

DunHav`nFun (aka DHF):
1.5-2gpw with vertical coliseum sea of green grows.

picture.php

picture.php

Wow guys , I guess the crowd round here`s gotten so young that nobody searches archives and old threads anymore for reference from the old heads....well....

For right at 20 yrs since Cali went wild wild west legal beagle , My guys that`ve been runnin a clone factory for all the major clubs up and down the west coast (based right down the road from you Krunch btw) , pull 4 lbs per light EVERY run in 4x4 flood tables usin pick of the litter fully rooted cuts with absolutely NO vegtime under 1KW`s and parabolics on a perpetual setup harveyin 4 lbs a week with only 10 lights......so folks.....

256-1/4 oz+/- colas with little to no trim needed and only have ta Harvey 1 table and replant 1 table a week still gives em 208 lbs per yr consistently in laboratory conditions , again with only 10 lights....that said....

Never say never cuz there`s many ways ta skin a mule , but without runnin crazy ass plant numbers OR crazy ass vegtimes AND employing perpetual tactics , the conventional race for more dry material per light in any type timely manner plainly lies with the new double ended fixtures that can properly cover more of a sq ftg footprint IF properly maintained canopy AND environment along with adequate watts per sq ft all fall into place for dialage.....

.......anything`s possible.....period....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

I built and climatized 10x10 rooms with 4-600`s in the corners and cheapass 1K MH bulbs in an "X" pattern , and ran Krusty buckets for a solid decade pumpin out 2-1/2 lb plants consistently with 34 watts per sq ft....but....

No crazy ass vegtimes back in the day with proper 50/50 Sat/Ind hybrids that stretched accordingly though , rather couple weeks +/- to root lower limbs off of veg plants , and another couple weeks or so vegtime to "tits high" as Krusty taught us under 400 watt MH fixtures......then....

Pull the trigger 12/12 and watch em hit the ceiling before end of stretch , looking like thick limbed Xmas trees ....results were forearm sized limbs by end of cycle every run ....

I only had 1 strain to work with so I dialed that mex skunk bitch till I couldn`t squeeze another gram out of her , and that was a long time ago.....

Fast forward 20 yrs and PPK`s are pumpin out 3-4 lb`ers , but definitely longer vegtimes for the more indica dominant hybrids , but perpetual schedules once implemented , allow for faster turnarounds on Harvey so yearly crops don`t drop in numbers and keeps product rolling out the door consistently .....now...

As I spoke earlier in this thread about increased plant numbers also dictating yield with little to no vegtime I`ll end this with a lil story bout a bastardized PPK I built to run 1 plant in the basement of my Lakehouse last summer after not growing for several yrs since retirement....

I threw some 10 yr old Chem DxSFV OG seeds in my compost pile at the farm on Memorial day weekend , and on July 4th I took the pick of the litter already trimmed out , pruned , and shaped , transplanted into the top tub and pulled the trigger....

I hung 4-600 eye horti`s on yo-yo`s in the corners of an almost 5' sq closet , set 1 down low , and 1 at top of plant to run for 1 week , then the opposite corner dropped down and blasted from the other side for a week , so on and so forth till end of stretch , all the while keeping the top bulb right at plants top.....long story short....

Being experienced with big plants and knowing how to clean out the innards and sucker branches to create dominant laterals and top colas , even though it was more bush than tree shaped , when all was said and done there was well over 3 lbs of top shelf dried and cured fire in 70 days from 12/12.....so....

That`s why I`ve never said never cuz all things are possible given time , experience , and knowledge...that said....
Keep an open mind guys....and...

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

Dr.King:
4 plants 3gal pots coco 2.5-3lbs 580 watts light.
It sure is achievable. Lots of top notch growers currently hitting that mark and above. Anytime anyone needs some information about how to hit 2+ gpw check my thread out or feel free to pm me, no worries :tiphat:.

My old keeper Chemdog. I was hitting 2.5-3 pounds with 4 rounds per year under 500 watts in a 5' x '5 x 7' tent.

Here Is Dr.king's Thread Hitting 2+ gpw going for more (Ace, Bog, GHS)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=318715

mushroombrew:
Just under 7lbs from 2 1000 watt lights sea of green hydro. Link to his thread 3 per light w/3wk veg https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=343303

DJM:
2.25lbs+ per 1000w light, here is a link to check out his thread Coco Tree's. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=300255

Progro:
1 plant 5 week veg under 1000 watt cmh, 3lbs per plant. Grown in 65 litre tubs of 60/40 coco perlite mix. Here is a link to the thread they just started. Grow journal in same thread started today on page 5 i think very informative. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352147

In organic soil:

VerdantGreen:

i always pick strains for quality rather than yield but ive never yet got less then 1gpw. my best is 1.6gpw for the record that is with organic soil no co2

yield is as much to do with using space efficiently and filling the canopy with buds, having as few gaps as possible. it doesnt really matter as to the plant count as long as the canopy is full and each plant has a decent amount of soil

VG

thats 37.5 watts/ square foot - most people think 50 - 60 is the best levels to get good buds and high yeilds.

about veg time and scrog -
just like anything else veg time is variable. i have stretchy strains i can veg for a week or two and then repot, fit the screen and throw into flower. they will easily fill it during stretch.

always worth bearing in mind that plants in flower that start to yellow will not green up again after being fed. the food may well still be working but dont expect the leaves to change back. The best you can do is slow down or stop the yellowing.

incidentally some of my best yields have come from plants that started yellowing too early in flower and got fed - so all is not lost

VG

Dog star:
Made with Gavita 3 lb+,last run,from clones that are only 10 days vegged,
strains are Silver Haze elite cut,Amnesia Haze elite cut,Fake GG#4,
16 plants in organic soil,organic setup,runned Gavita on 1150W except last two weeks
go dimmed.

Main thing was in defoliation,that was raise mine yield in amazing way,

lot more buds i got than before when i didnt defoliate.

Gavita 1000 DE i grow under 215 cm ceiling (7 ft) ,5x5 tent,its perfect
for this space.. for now record in one run is 1800 grams with just
15 days of vegetation.. if i veg for longer they go over a hood..
vegetation under Gavita gives some huge rates of growth..

trick is also to shape canopy in stadium shape or bowl shape
for better yields..

best outdoor growers:

Shcrews:
Already growing the biggest plants ive ever seen 15+lbs and still trying new things and improving. He keeps really good threads with great documentation, pictures and discussions from begining to end of the season.

Here is a link to his new 2018 thread https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352135

Here is his 2017 thread from last season https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=337792

Hoypare:
the best Guerrilla Grower...That guy has balls of steel and a serious green thumb, Huge patches of healthy plants!

Link to his thread:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=342752

Last edited:

Green_science

Krusty is NOT dead........

No nominations for me, I'm gonna have to put some of my bigger complex grows up.... Joking. But...

Krusty is NOT dead.....