What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OVERGROW THE JUNGLE!!!! 2016

B

BAKED_BEANZ

lol oh ok , never heard seeded referred too as fluffing out ,,,,,,

well first guerrilla grow , all new strains . think you have done pretty well purple jungle .

plantingplants

Holy shit man, you pick every seed out? Haha that's awesome. You have an awesome grow.

So is there a post somewhere back there where you break down your costs? How'd you do it for $500? Soil? Seeds?

(btw officially most of my favorite posters have chimed in, only yeehaaw is missing)

(btw officially most of my favorite posters have chimed in, only yeehaaw is missing)

Holy shit man, you pick every seed out?
Yeah, it's happened in the past, it was no more than ten plants and I was still a smoker HAHA. Certainly, if there's something that I can do to improve my product I will do it, no room for bitching.

How'd you do it for $500? Soil? Seeds?
If it wasn't for the seeds, it would have been significantly less. Native soil, cheapest hose, cheap chinese drip lines, second hand mixing tank... a few machetes, I had some other tools, borrowed a rototiller for a bit... That's about it, just lately I bought nutes and I had some in the beginning. $600 at most.

why do you say your blue dream is fluffiing out , its basically just started flowering .think you will find they will be super dense buds . its early days
I hope that that's it and I am being a bit paranoid. But there are some BD's that are growing proper buds and also lots that are forming these popcorn buds... That's what I meant by fluffing out. I really hope it's just me.

most new growers make the mistake of picking early . especially if there,s a few plants . they get all eager and convince themselves its ready
Microscope for sure, that's the only way I can tell...

looks like plant health has picked up
Mm, I wouldn't say so unfortunately. I even noticed more yellowing on more plants, but I was in a hurry, couldn't examine further. But the magnesium I fed doesn't seem to have accomplished anything either, I guess I will be adding a half of the half pack that's left.

Today I fed half strength 1:1:3 as the fert I ordered still hasn't been delivered.....

I also noticed some white fungi shit on the leaves of a hazel tree that I tried killing, sitting in the middle of my spot. I am gonna spray it with copper sulphate tomorrow or so. I hope it's not gonna infect anything...

Any tips for fungi prevention?

Last edited:
How did you get 200 seeds for So cheap?
Luck/friend

How are the Chinese drip lines working out?
They work OK if there's good pressure. People around here don't use anything else in their veggie gardens.

However, in my case I just punctured my own tiny holes in the line so it dribbles and now it's good. Sometimes I have to make more holes cause they get filled with dirt it seems. Previously my plants were thirsty...

MileHighFarming

Subbed for the Duration, cant wait to see the harvest man. I been wanting to do a gorilla grow for a while now, maybe next year as this year I missed a Sour Diresel Male until it spooged all over my ladies so I should have some good stock:)

picture.php

FAK
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

baduy

I'm 43° too.
Great job man,love it.
Time to make some bushcraft woodworking now before harvest :biggrin:
a shelter for drying,a comfortable chair and a table for trimming,this is going to be long.
maybe a big siever to make hash
:tiphat:

Last edited:
CATERPILLAR ENCOUNTERS OF THE WORST KIND

CATERPILLAR ENCOUNTERS OF THE WORST KIND

What can I do about these mold spreading fucks? I am rather seriously worried, I still have like a month to go and I have caterpillars on 75% of my plants, some are doing kind of bad. The caterpillars are rather easy, you find them and kill them, but what about the mold, what can I do to minimize the damage???

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
I'm 43° too.
Great job man,love it.
Time to make some bushcraft woodworking now before harvest :biggrin:
a shelter for drying,a comfortable chair and a table for trimming,this is going to be long.
maybe a big siever to make hash
:tiphat:

I am chopping anything that's damaged or has something resembling mold on it.
picture.php

So far I've chopped and trimmed ~2kg wet and there's more to go. I began building out of nothing and with no tools this impromptu 'drying rack' for the purposes:

picture.php

picture.php

I will start building a shed for trimming next week, I am thinking to dry under a tarp and bag the branches and continously trim afterwards.

Last edited:
Finally a cool panorama shot of the spot

Finally a cool panorama shot of the spot

(not that you could really see anything)
picture.php

:woohoo: :tiphat:

Last edited:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Damn you're going to have your work cut out for you. If the caterpillars are that bad then I would spray your plants with BTk for caterpillars.

https://www.amazon.com/Safer-Brand-Caterpillar-Killer-Concentrate/dp/B000GA7ZO8

914TAfvhxDL._SL1500_.jpg

Regarding treating mold you should be treating what's CAUSING the mold rather than the mold itself. That's why it's important to get rid of those little shits.

Since you already have it going on check out products like Actinovate and Green Cure.

:yes:

gorilla ganja

Holy crap. You had better get on that as soon as possible.
I'll leave it up to others to tell you what to use, as I don't really get many of those up here.
I do know those caterpillars can cause damage quick.
The garden is looking good otherwise, nice to see some buds drying even if they are damage control.
Best of luck for a strong finish.

Peace GG

Sooo...

I went through every single plant and cleaned up. When I checked on the rows I started with - new caterpillars and new mold. So I went through everything again. Same shit - the shiterpillars keep on hatching. And there's lots of them tiny fucks, ranging from 1mm to 1cm.

I am spraying today.

However, there are a lot of caterpillar larvae that are already in buds. It looks fine unless I randomly open it up...

picture.php

:fsu:

I will start chopping... 5 days of sun, followed by a week of pissy weather, not sure how the plants that I leave will cope with that..

The more sativa plants are doing better, hoping that they'll be fine once I start spraying.

Latest posts

Latest posts