What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please recommend simple organic nutes for soil

flexy123

Looking for simple organic nutes, veg + bloom for growing in soil.

There are many to choose from, like Hesi, Biobizz, GH Biothrive Grow/Bloom etc.

I'd like to use one where I DON'T need to use any additional stuff like Calmag if possible, if possible two bottles, veg+grow and nothing else needed.

(If I read a review of nutes like I just did and then people say "but you need to add [XYZ, like CalMag] it sounds weird to me. I don't want to have nutes where you need to add something to avoid deficiencies)

Also, if possible the nutes should bring down ph of hard (8.4ph) tap water.

(Last year I used "PlantMagic Oldtimer Grow/Bloom" but this is very difficult to get outside the UK and I think that the two bottles I have have gone bad.)

Thanks!!

myiqis55

In organic growing you're not going to be buying two part (veg/bloom) nutrients. Organics is really about exchanges and understanding plant science.

Cal-mag is as simple as it says calsium and magnesium. In organic growing calcium comes from calcitic lime and gypsum. And magnesium is a trace element.

myiqis55

If you want to spend money and not make it yourself Roots organics by aAurora innovation. Follow their chart but get or make fish hydrosalate

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
+1 on a bottle of Roots bloom & a bottle of fish hydrolysate. Grab kelp meal & epsom salt & make it a party. Go bonkers & pick up some crabshell + azomite to work in the soil, and a lil fulvic & great white to mix in feeds. Then make sure your room has light & headroom ;)

asaf

You can think in solids, and make a good soil mix.
For grow, base soil, worm humus and compost.
Flowering, base soil, sheep manure, dove manure and some of ash.
If the periods are too long you can play with the first two layers in the soil. When you rake the soil add the fertilizer.
The base soil can be something as light-mix.
The water, ec 300 to 400µS, ph 6. to 6.5 grow. 6.5 to 7 flow. If you oxygenate the water and select the appropriate temperature from 20 to 23ºC, better!

Summary: Your soil, two mixes of manure and water.

betshtick

Looking for simple organic nutes, veg + bloom for growing in soil.

There are many to choose from, like Hesi, Biobizz, GH Biothrive Grow/Bloom etc.

I'd like to use one where I DON'T need to use any additional stuff like Calmag if possible, if possible two bottles, veg+grow and nothing else needed.

(If I read a review of nutes like I just did and then people say "but you need to add [XYZ, like CalMag] it sounds weird to me. I don't want to have nutes where you need to add something to avoid deficiencies)

Also, if possible the nutes should bring down ph of hard (8.4ph) tap water.

(Last year I used "PlantMagic Oldtimer Grow/Bloom" but this is very difficult to get outside the UK and I think that the two bottles I have have gone bad.)

Thanks!!

Simplest all organic bottled nutes I have found is Peak Harvest by Elevation Organics. They do have a Cal-Mag but with your harder water may not need it. Otherwise it's just a Grow and a Bloom. They also sell a wetting agent, humics, etc... all optional (imo).

http://elevationorganics.com/liquid-nutrients/grow-4-2-3/

Otherwise, if you don't mind mixing soil or top dressing, I've seen killer crops grown with nothing added but DTE Bio-Live:

http://downtoearthfertilizer.com/products/blended_fertilizer/bio-live-5-4-2/

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
if you find a veg and bloom bottled fert that does everything lemme know! I need one too! Haha :biglaugh:

Seriously though, you might be able to get by with some without adding anything else...but I doubt it. You'll be able to get by just fine, but to get the most outta your grow, you are gonna need to add in something.

I tried the easy route too and used PBP by itself for years and got by. But once I added in the additives my yeilds and potency went WAY up! I mean, if you are gonna take the time to grow plants for 15 weeks or more, you might as well try to get the most outta what you're doing. You'll be happier you did. :)

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Be careful with the Primordial Solutions stuff. I had a sample bottle of True Blooms give me some of my most sugared up herm's ever. It scared me away from the rest of their products, but I've heard other growers rave about the Sea Green & Rootamentary bottles.

Latest posts

Latest posts