What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rolling papers!?

lotus710

Why is there no rolling paper thread? No one smoke jays anymore? 420 is around the corner and im needing to find the best papers i can. Im looking at the tras corn husk papers. Anyone have any experience with them? Id like to hear what everyones best paper is and why.

Much love
Lotus

Elements

Thin rice paper, hardly any ash, taste, or negative effects on throat.for me, plus they claim to be wind powered, thats just badass. I get the tips too because im lazy. The shop I went to was selling chinese knockoff tips, lol, I got Raw instead.

WelderDan

Veteran
Zig Zag White (single wide) or JOB 1.0. But my fave is the old school OCB with no glue. Used to get the 150 pack for 50 cents at the grocery store, but I rarely see them nowdays.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Classic doobies. Love it. I'll roll with whatever, zigzag is fine. Way back I ordered a box/case of original Big Bambu. Those were some bed sheets. We rolled alot of cones with those Big Bambu.

Have you seen those 24k gold papers? WTF....

Zigzags are the bottom of the barrel only smoke them if you absolutely have to...its like blazing a bible printed on printer paper.

The Revolution

Veteran
I like to use raws. I also really enjoy Randy's Wired papers. There's a wire that runs thru the middle as the roach burns down u can just hold the wire, and smoke it to nothing.. I smoke a lot of doobies since the pigs took all of my glass. I had some really nice custom pieces. A killer Bitcoin oil rig, w a jesse james electroformed dabber.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is....enter that into title search up at top. Recall pages of everyone's favorites! Bud Green Sr. & I agree....Club ungummed!! (back when packages were 2" x2" square )

Ollie

Veteran
Smoking Brown are the absolutely best IMHO, followed by Greengo.

Raw papers have a weird aftertaste, as does the Smoking Hemp papers (and many others)

Its few and behold papers, which are "tasteless, burns to perfection and thin" but I find that the Smoking Brown tickles all those boxes. Also its advised to remove the "glue" strip for optimal flavor (on all papers)

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yeah, thin rice papers are nice.

If you roll them "dutch style" you have to use as little paper as possible.

Want to know how to roll a joint Dutch style? Read on...
https://www.smokersguide.com/articles/61/how_to_roll_a_joint___step_by_step_guide.html#.Vu1L0mc8L5o

roll-a-dutch-joint-03.jpg

..personally, i lick the paper after i have rolled into a cone. I moisten the glue "through the other layer", if you get what i mean= i don't lick the glue, but the layer on top of it.

:)

shithawk420

Veteran
Never had a hemp paper I liked.don't know if my weed was harsh but didn't really care for raw.club modiono are the best.

B

Baron Greenback

Aleda Transparent - made from corn cellulose (by-product of farming so extra green).
Burn slowly, no glue, no taste.
And they're see through :)

You actually like smoking those?

Its been years, I remember being weirded out by how plasticy it seemed

Might have to try again??

B

Baron Greenback

They're really good, they take a little getting used to, but you don't get the burnt paper taste from them.
As there's no glue, there's no danger of getting too lean and rolling a whole zoot, only to lick the glue and watch it fall apart :)
My only problem with them is getting too lean and not being able to find the transparent little buggers.

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah but they can be hard to keep them to stick Baron G.otherwise I like them.and Buglers?! Your just kidding, right Barletta!?

B

Baron Greenback

They are sometimes hard to stick, but I find a good slobber on them and they are fine :)
The main thing for me is that they seem to burn slightly slower than paper, but burn evenly no matter how bad a doobie I've rolled.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nuts to all the fancy pants papers, Zig-Zag whites dutch style. Good amount of tobacco. Raw filtres. Hash if it's around. Good to go.

I roll a straight (unmixed) joint the first time I try something, after that there aren't many fucks I give. I prefer the long slow burn of a mixed joint.

Latest posts

Latest posts