What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NGB MICRO BOX

stevr59

Well i am glad to seee a formorm for us small guys i am growing in a copy of newganjaboi box thats was listed on OG . Any way here the run down on it as of today. 150 watts hps with home made hood in the flower room 4 15 watts flos in the mouther room. 145 cmf dayon blower 6 gallon sherlite contaner for the swc with 2 !@ air stones and a home made blower water chiller and GH floranova nutes and a home made scrog screen. last grow i got 2 oz of buds off one plant this grow i am doing two so i am hoping to pull 4 oz well shall see i am growing ak47 x bubbleberry from hydro i wil post the newst pic later but here some pics rom a few week back, well a few are from last grow the bud shots any ways will post some newr one later

Last edited:

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
i have a copy of the tutorial...and a few other NGB micro box related pages.
but they still exist. some of the pages were saved by google and can still be accessed...i just can't remember how.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Youre absolutley right! I just got the whole tutorial from googles cache! Sucks that the pics werent cached.

stevr59

well what’s really needed is a improved ngb style thread I mean this box is good but it could stand some improvments needs to be a little taller a little wider and the electrical box needs a major over haul, I never could get every thing inside had to mount the flo blastats on the back of the cabnet there is no working room inside think next box i will use clfs instead but so far looks like a cheap home made tv stand my gf still dont know whats inside and thats what counts

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Hey stevr59, i got a question. How loud does that 140 cfm dayton get? and is the noice noticable?

Last edited:

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
thats a nifty lookin box you got there. just a q, why only 15watters in the veg chamber. couldnt you get away with at more wattage?

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
pontiac said:
Youre absolutley right! I just got the whole tutorial from googles cache! Sucks that the pics werent cached.

you mean pictures like these???

when OG was up i copied entire NGB related threads. if you want them pm me.

Trev

this might be a minor thing that im sure you've thought about but, if you used small wooden dowl? or dowel? dunno how to spell it, there like round wooden poles you find at the hardware store, anyway if you used some of those instead of that PVC pipe im sure you could increase your scrog area and maybe pop another couple budsites in there! but im impressed as it is just thought id put that out there. keep up the good work.

sorry for any typing or gramar errors.. little partied out right now.

stevr59

pontiac said:
Hey stevr59, i got a question. How loud does that 140 cfm dayton get? and is the noice noticable?
yeah its loud anought not to be very stealth but i got a getto riged muffler on it for now it helps a lot but still its nosey got to get some more sheet metal an i will make a better muffler or shrubber not shure if a shrubber acts as a muffler or not any one have any ideas on this

stevr59

bongasaurus said:
thats a nifty lookin box you got there. just a q, why only 15watters in the veg chamber. couldnt you get away with at more wattage?
well its 4 15 watts bulbs what i did was i toook 2 24" shop lites tore em down and shorted them up so i could use the smaller watts bulbs since i did have room for the 24" only 18" will fit but its realy only for the mouther any ways and seemed to do just fine but next time i will try higher watteges clf next shot and see how they work

mtnjohn

Veteran
yeaaaaaa..... micro grows rip

look for me to do a complete grow ..start to finish in the near future

it will be a 150whps scrog and i'm gonna do somthing ive never done before:
instead of 4 plants of the same strain im gonna do 2 ea vbs/ak47 and 2 c99/panama red......should prove to be interesting

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

This is my interpretation of NGB's design.

There have been some changes since this-I have replaced the two 45 watters with 8-27 watt mixed specture CFL's in the veg chamber.

I have also added an adjustable height shelf to the flower chamber.

One drawback I found and did not think about was that the air drawn ito the flower chamber is warmed by several degrees and in the summer Ihave to incorperate the AC unit.

I intend to remendy the current design flaw when I can get a chance to get the materials and tools necessary together with the proper timing. I have a continuous system going and I am always flowering and I have no place that is lightproof so I must do the alterations during the plants day (9p-9a).

minds_I

edit: 4weeks flowering.

Last edited:

stevr59

hey minds glad to see your back dam your box still looks great but any ways i wuz thinking we all need to get toughter and re dezine the box and make a kick ass box as soon as i can get a shed going and my wood working tools here i am going to make one bad ass box thats totaly stealth and out of high grade lumber.. hell would could dezine a few boxs one 150 hps others for the biggers lights anyone have any ideas lets hear em

Trev

im in the proccesss of making a stealth box that looks like a guitar amp. will house a 70 watt Hps and 3-26 watt CFLS i will be posting a thread in the micro forum this friday when i get my light in the mail and finish up the box.

G

First Impressions

First Impressions

Hello minds I - the quality of your work says a lot, it looks like furniture! Not a shed type work-box look, so I think that lends itself to stealth. I don't think NGB thought about what it looks like to someone other than the owner or maker of it. Its a mind game partly, stealth, so not being a capable craftsman I built mine inside an office supply cabinet.

Last edited:

minds_I

Veteran
Hello David,

Dude, firstly, the only thing that makes it look like it piece of furniture is a coat of paint, some scrap molding and a door pull.

And really the molding serves more for light leak prevention then looks-it just works out like this.

I designed this using two full sheets of quality 7/8 MDF with little scrap.

I had the guy at Casa DePot cut each panel to size (9 pieces) and had them brought home by my son in law in his truck.

My sweet wife and I put the basic cab together in our garage. We have a chop saw, a drill, drill bits, silicon. It went to gether just as it should have.

Did I mention I am in a wheelchair...this is the primary reason I did not go with a c22 or something like that because of access issues.

So, anyway, I will tell Mrs.Minds that you like her work.:)

As far as stealth goes- well, no matter how much something looks like a piece of furniture-it is hard to explain why there is a hoover running inside. Fans are the greatest danger to stealth by virtue of the moving air makes noise.

Anyway, the cab got painted beacuse the shed it is in was drywalled and painted so the cab got it to. Anyway the shed is in the backyard and nobody goes in it but me and the Mrs.

Have you considered getting some cfls. The regular bulbs you are using are more of a waste of energy then anything else. Also, IMHO< those infrared lights are worse.

Get some cfls- you will be happier friend.

If you have hte desire-go with a 70 watt hps. (in that space would work).

Good luck friend and thanks for the compliments.
minds_I

Latest posts

Latest posts