What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HASHISH! Updated 2nd Edition - Robert Connell Clarke

Sundance

Thanks Highliter!

Is there really a Cherniak 2nd edition in the works? I'd love to see it. First saw his books at age 20 in New Orleans. Ah, those were the days.. $60 ounces of knock-you-on-your-butt Cajun swamp grown weed and dreaming of travel to Asia.

Yes IanSF - there is a re-print of Laurence Cherniaks " The Great Books of Hashish - Book I - being run right now ... 50,000 copies in 4 different languages: English, Spanish,. German and Scandinavian

We should have finished - printed and bound - books in English in our hands next week

The translations need a tiny bit more work to complete and ... then a review to make sure all the translations are perfect ... once complete ... we will print them off immediately

LC is considering a French edition too

After we are done with the re-print of TGBOH Book I .. we will re-print TGBOH Book II ... and then TGBOH Book III .... LC has enough material for TGBOH Book IV

Additionally, LC wrote a book with Alan Dronkers of Sensi Seeds called " Hashish - The Joy of Making and Curing " .. a really nice little book

There is a thread on this website ... https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=49992 ... a very interesting discussion about curing hash ... and a member of this site used the ideas and processes discussed in LC and Alan Dronker's book ... with his own hash - to great success ... pictures of this are towards the end of the tread

Lastly, LC has more books and other products planned for release very soon

Have a look thru this thread

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=102811

All the best

Sundance

AquaLabTech

The Hashish Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Believe it when you see it????

Sundance please move your comment to LC's thread. for we do not need more LC's lies confusing this thread.

Aqua Lab Tech

Sundance

Sundance please move your comment to LC's thread. for we do not need more LC's lies confusing this thread.

Aqua Lab Tech

Hahahaha

Thanks - but, no thanks

I kinda like that post

Perfectly correct ... and fine where it is

As for the rest - no lies ever ... thats an appalling thing to say

Sorry the book took longer to finish - print and bind ... than we anticipated or would have liked ... but in the end - I think the book has benefited ... and that everyone will be happy

We should have printed books in our hands this week ... and you should have your books 2-4 weeks after that

I will try to post pics

Sundance

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Received my copy today! :jump:

While I was at it, picked up this simple concentrate slide. :D
Broke it in w/ some dry sieve, yum!

AquaLabTech

The Hashish Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
HASHISH!

HASHISH!

Nice Highlighter.

Hashish! has alot of valuable information for anybody interested in making there own Hash. GBH is just a bunch of old photos. Fun to look at, but old. Nobody even really makes Hash like they do in the photos of GBH.

Aqua Lab Tech

Sundance

Nice Highlighter.

Hashish! has alot of valuable information for anybody interested in making there own Hash. GBH is just a bunch of old photos. Fun to look at, but old. Nobody even really makes Hash like they do in the photos of GBH.

Aqua Lab Tech

Hahahaha

LC's TGBOH has all the old stuff - which is an incredible historic account of hash making from some of the very best hash making countries in the world - all combined in one book ... the likes of which so many have never seen before .. from anyone but LC .... and never will again

There are also 59 " brand new " pages added to the book

Clarke in his book " Hashish " quotes LC 15 times ... more than any other

Thanks for the assist

Sundance

C

Chamba

I'm 3/4 of the way through this updated version.......it's obvious that Clarke is great researcher and probably the most knowledgeable person on the subject of hashish and it's history. If you are a regular reader of this Hashish forum, definitely buy this book, it's well worth it!

http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/...pdated-2nd-edition-robert-connell-clarke.html

but a more apt title would be "The complete history of Hashish".

I haven't read the original version, but apart from a few pics from Bubbleman's Bubble Box, trichome macros and his translucent bubble hash (there's also a pic of HashmastaKut's vapor swing)...but all the dates referenced in the book stop in the 90's or 80's....there's doesn't seem to be any new dates (and I assume, little or no new info),

So, is this book the same as the first printing with just a few extra photos chucked in? or is there lots of new info added?....if you've read both versions, please post an answer.

filtr0w

hey there!

any chance of getting a copy of the book?

i live in argentina

any chance you would send it down here? i can paypal the $ i guess

thanks!

n

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I recently received a copy of Hashish! Updated 2nd Edition by Robert Connell Clarke, even though it's been unavailable for quite awhile. I ordered it with Amazon Prime back in April even though it was "Temporarily out of stock," and seven months later it shipped. Amazon still shows it as "Temporarily out of stock," I don't know if they located me a lone copy or if it's again available, but it's a gorgeous historical piece, and I wanted to share that I scored, and maybe you can too if interested.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/09...tion clarke&qid=1449603728&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Btw, several years ago I had a new neighbor move into the house next door, he's former BEL........ is life nothing more than a series of coincidences............... :laughing:

No apologizes for my pictures' quality, buy the book, the originals are sharp and beautiful.

Attachments

• P1020253.jpg
    P1020253.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 19
  • P1020254.jpg
    P1020254.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 15
  • P1020255.jpg
    P1020255.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 12
  • P1020256.jpg
    P1020256.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 14
  • P1020257.jpg
    P1020257.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 13
  • P1020258.jpg
    P1020258.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 13
  • P1020259.jpg
    P1020259.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 13
  • P1020260.jpg
    P1020260.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 17
  • P1020261.jpg
    P1020261.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 14
  • P1020262.jpg
    P1020262.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 14

rexamus616

Veteran
Hey guys, I got the 'updated 2nd edition' a week ago, only to find pages missing, and repeated pages!

have i found a poorly printed copy? or has anyone else found this also?

Wonderful book, but i want to know whats on the missing pages!!

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What pages specifically, I'll check my copy. There's a recent review at Amazon, no mention of missing pages.

rexamus616

Veteran
at page 264, it begins to repeat all pages between 233 and 264...

then after the second 'page 264' it goes straight to 297

i got mine through fsbookco, (through their amazon store)

came brand new, wrapped in plastic....

rexamus616

Veteran
mines 2010 edition also.....

And redeye press doesn't ship to Australia, so thats out of the question....

Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address.

Thanks for lookin into it tho mate....

the missing pages are about consuming hashish anyways.... I think I know enough about that particular topic! hehehe

:tiphat:

Maybe in years to come my copy will be valuable, since its a misprinted edition? meh