What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Just make sure you dig a tunnel to the nearest beef stockade or pig farm before hunting.

Deer tastes like hot iron smells and it gets worse the bigger you shoot.

There's a reason why people have a system of growing and killing and butchering and cooking and serving meat for millennia. Plants don't stare into your soul if you are about to kill them for food.

It's much the same as dairy farming... Imagine hoping that wild steer is nursing before you start saddling up on its teat.

We're pretty strange.

Even vegetarian "meat" is being touted as "plant-based" which is technically what most prey in the animal kingdom are.

Why must we lie to ourselves?

I'm just glad hot dogs are plant based.
not digging any tunnels. why would i do that? i love venison, wild ducks, geese, wild turkeys, grouse, pheasant, mourning doves, quail...hell, almost anything. wild hogs makes great sausage. i'd like to kill a nice fat young sow & smoke its hams. McDonalds hamburgers used to be a pretty good % of horse meat before the FDA caught the australian company that sold Ds their "beef" mixing in ground up old Dobbin, lol... smaller/younger deer DO taste better. bucks killed during the rut are NOT in prime condition to dine upon. a quick clean kill keeps the adrenaline from fucking with the flavor as well. my hot dogs say "beef" on the package. if i'm gonna eat plants, it'll be served as plants...

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I can manage to enjoy venison tenderloin but the rest of the stuff is better ground up with bacon and turned into summer sausage. It's just so damn metallic.

I'd totally get down on some wild hog. They were from pork stock at one point in time.

I'll have to reiterate that my "plant-based" hot dogs say beef on the package.

Beef is based on plants...

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Day 7 or so of no milk. 42yo and was drinking a quart to half gallon of 2% a day. I'm doing it because I don't agree with the dairy industry...they scoop up the babies and steal the momma's milk. They usually kill the baby males. No baby cow milk for me, thanks.
Had a MorningStar pattie earlier. Not bad. Not sure if I will still eat beef/meat.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Not right now, but in a hour and with red pesto. The best of Italy and Germany, Spaghetti and Bratwurst. :)

279568916_5748584065186850_4342465186154009254_n (1).jpg

Green Squall

Day 7 or so of no milk. 42yo and was drinking a quart to half gallon of 2% a day. I'm doing it because I don't agree with the dairy industry...they scoop up the babies and steal the momma's milk. They usually kill the baby males. No baby cow milk for me, thanks.
Had a MorningStar pattie earlier. Not bad. Not sure if I will still eat beef/meat.
Plant milks aren't bad. I've been using oat for over a year now. Almond has a good flavor, but is thinner and separates in coffee.

Cuddles

Plant milks aren't bad. I've been using oat for over a year now. Almond has a good flavor, but is thinner and separates in coffee.
plant milk can take time to get used to but it´s a great alternative.
The almond milk I have tried has never separated in my coffee.

Btw I noticed that they put stupid sunflower oil into some plant milks. Does anybody know why they do this sort of crappy thing?

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Sunflower oil is in everything. I would avoid it as there are no health benefits. The stuff has to be processed and engineered for us to be able to consume it. Really it’s just bio diesel.

Cuddles

Sunflower oil is in everything. I would avoid it as there are no health benefits. The stuff has to be processed and engineered for us to be able to consume it. Really it’s just bio diesel.
yeah, it´s no good, so why do they put it in my oat milk?