What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic KISS

mexweed

Veteran
instead of making a thread for every new strain I grow I decided to just document it all here

growing in nectar#4 soil with biolive, 1/8 tsp vitamin c powder per gallon tap water, mars tsl2000 and t5 for seedlings and clones

colorado chemdogs on the left, pakistani hashplants in the middle, and chemancipators on the right

here they were still in starter pots under the t5, 2 of the pakistani and 1 chemancipator were male

picture.php

mexweed

Veteran
pics under the new light are so much better than blurple

here they are doing their best vegging, going to get transplanted and flipped soon, I had tried using roots uprising bloom and it got weird, there was also some heat stress

picture.php

mexweed

Veteran
they are due for a watering tonight so I will get an updated pic, they have been transplanted and topped and they are looking good

one of the chemancipators was a late showing male and has been removed, one of the colorado chemdogs may potentially be showing the D variegation

mexweed

Veteran
colorado chemdogs on the left, pakistani in the middle, colorado chemdog top right, chemancipator bottom right

picture.php

the colorado chemdog on the right has this spot that looks like variegation from the D, nothing like this on the other plants

picture.php

mexweed

Veteran
I have read stuff about people complaining about it clumping up/being too compacted and not drying out well, is that what you mean by heavy? have also seen some stuff about it not containing many nutrients

I like it, it works just like the happy frog and terracraft I have used worked, the terracraft was definitely a bit lighter/had more aeration

what I don't like is when soil starts to dry out and it's almost like concrete where the edges pull away from the container and it ends up just really hard late in flower, the terracraft did that pretty bad, the nectar#4 I haven't noticed it as much

fox farm soils are a crapshoot as far as their availability at the grow shops I go to, but I can always find nectar#4, I like that it has pumice, yucca, and DE, and it doesn't have any guano or fish stuff in it, the biolive I mix in has the crab/fish/shrimp and they seem to jive really well together, I also remember seeing something about the mycorrhizae in it being the xtreme mykos

vitamin c for ph adjustment, and it helps neutralize the chloramine in the water and is good for plant growth in general, it holds the ph better than citric acid and is food safe vs phosphoric acid or something else

eyesdownchronic

I have read stuff about people complaining about it clumping up/being too compacted and not drying out well, is that what you mean by heavy? have also seen some stuff about it not containing many nutrients

I like it, it works just like the happy frog and terracraft I have used worked, the terracraft was definitely a bit lighter/had more aeration

what I don't like is when soil starts to dry out and it's almost like concrete where the edges pull away from the container and it ends up just really hard late in flower, the terracraft did that pretty bad, the nectar#4 I haven't noticed it as much

yeah, it just seems to be very coarse, and not hold or retain water very well. and the compaction is definetly noticeable.

and that dry down compaction comes from the peat. it becomes hydrophobic when it dries.

mexweed

Veteran
well it looks like these plants are done for, I had been opening the window in the room for fresh air exchange leaving it open overnight and tonight I noticed mites, thousands of them all over the pots, plants, and outside of the tent, I am going to have to scrap the last two stardawgXspace queen I was going to harvest in a week too because there are some in that tent and my first reaction was to bomb the other tent with spinosad

luckily it looks like there are two colorado chemdog cuts including the D pheno and one chemancipator cut that are rooted and should make it, the mites haven't touched that tent for some reason

the plan is to remove all of the plants and wipe everything down with ajax soap, hopefully the tent with the cuts pulls through and I will probably start some ghost og s1 and maybe some pre98 bubbaXkimbo kush freebies

mexweed

Veteran
so I don't think they were spider mites because there wasn't any webbing, but jesus christ it looked like little piles of white powder around the edges of the pots there were so many of them, I've been bombing the tents with spinosad and will do the soap wipe down tonight or tomorrow

the t5 tent is still unaffected but I'm not sure the cuts are going to pull through they were pretty small, I may just scrap them too and start completely over

coldcanna

Veteran
Did you already kill the plants? I'm curious if you had picks of the mights, I'm not familiar with "white powder" from mites. You may me able to beat them back well enough to finish your run. Please elaborate...

mexweed

Veteran
there wasn't white powder, but the mites were small and white and there were thousands of them, they were so dense in some areas that it looked like a pile of white powder from a distance

all of the plants have been removed, you are not supposed to use spinosad past week 3 of flower

mexweed

Veteran
just pulled the trigger on a 10 pack of colorado chemdogXhindu kush, with the sale they were having it ended up $35 with shipping couldn't help myself

I will bomb the tents one more time with spinosad and plan on running that pack

mexweed

Veteran
seems to be, I haven't opened the tents since I removed the plants and bombed them a few days ago, only the one tent had them all over the outside and I haven't seen any movement since I wiped it down with ajax soap

I'm trying to keep them closed and dark as much as possible, so the only light/heat source is the t5 tent which there is still no migration to

I got them from aficionados of cannabis seedbank colorado acsb.co

I'm in colorado so it's definitely a go to when I'm stocked up on akbb and bodhi, I was real disappointed to miss out on trying their gas I had going, the pakistani did herm full on male flowers on the lowers probably could have just snipped them though, the colorado chemdogs were some of their fems and they were very stable and vigorous

mexweed

Veteran
back up and running have some watering to do this weekend and will get pics

1 confirmed female colorado chemdogXhindu kush

1 too early to tell gg4Xblack domina

1 probably male gg4Xblack domina

fems...chemdog, jillybean, ghost, larry, cherry pie, lemon sour d, k.o. kush

mexweed

Veteran
the k.o. kush never sprouted and I culled the cherry pie it was really lagging behind

on the right the back 2 are jillybean, middle 2 larry og, and front 2 ghost og, to the left the 1 in front is chemdog and the seedling is a lemon tree s1

picture.php

Colorado chemdogXheirloom hindu kush on the left stem rub is sour poop, gg4X95 black domina on the right stem rub is spicy hashy, they are going to get topped transplanted and flipped soon

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts