What's new

Thoughts on These LED Strips From Alibaba

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
looks great on paper get the 3000 301h for flower you cant build it yerself cheaper - looks sorted but get one as a test before tooling up

Twitter

Oh and I was thinking, wouldn't you go with the 3500k to go from veg through flower? Lot of people seem to be going that route atm.

Not a good idea?

White Beard

They all seem to be 3000/3500k, some with a 660nm boost?

Any science behind (or threads about) the 660 spike vs the bluer bulb?

Desert Hydro

Veteran
they suck really bad........don't get them.....

all joking aside, they are gonna kill it no matter what you build or buy if you follow the general recommendations of coverage/wattage. I built these to cover a specific footprint for my 3 foot wide rows. i didnt want to waste light but at the same time they always say, "light the room, not the plants."

I also found that you can generally run way less watts than you think you need. if 50/sqft is the HID standard, than 35-40 is plenty with proper LED.

Mine arent exactly the same, but at this point they are all pretty close. They all copy each other and try to improve on each others designs. mine are from kingbrite, but my guess is they are all pretty damn close.

Attachments

• IMG_20200218_230738.jpg
    IMG_20200218_230738.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20200228_220224.jpg
    IMG_20200228_220224.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20200426_103623.jpg
    IMG_20200426_103623.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 22

HerbChambers

I ordered a 4 bar 320 watt led from R2T on alibaba this week. I can’t wait for this to show up and get in place before the warmer weather arrives.

With shipping it was less than $1/watt

Twitter

they suck really bad........don't get them.....

all joking aside, they are gonna kill it no matter what you build or buy if you follow the general recommendations of coverage/wattage. I built these to cover a specific footprint for my 3 foot wide rows. i didnt want to waste light but at the same time they always say, "light the room, not the plants."

I also found that you can generally run way less watts than you think you need. if 50/sqft is the HID standard, than 35-40 is plenty with proper LED.

Mine arent exactly the same, but at this point they are all pretty close. They all copy each other and try to improve on each others designs. mine are from kingbrite, but my guess is they are all pretty damn close.

Beautiful