What's new

Philips InstantFit LED T5 replacement

HerbChambers

Has anyone tried these out? I know a lot of manufactures are making LED bulbs to fit a T5 fixture, but most of them are companies I’ve never heard of. I’ve read some reports of them shorting out and melting down.

I found a great deal on some of the 24” Philips InstantFit on an online auction site. I have a little more confidence in the Philips brand. I will report back after I’ve put them in my fixture.

https://www.lighting.philips.com/main/prof/led-lamps-and-tubes/led-tubes/coreproclass-ledtube-instantfit-t5/929001823104_EU/product

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
They look great, and they come in 3000K to 6500K. I'd be most interested in how easily the long plastic lens is removed. :) Definitely let us know how they work out for you, I've always been a big fan of Philips. :)

Lyfespan

They look great, and they come in 3000K to 6500K. I'd be most interested in how easily the long plastic lens is removed. :) Definitely let us know how they work out for you, I've always been a big fan of Philips. :)

they are nice lamps especially for cloning, plants can grow all up in the lamps and not get burned.

i bet the plastic can come off real easy, but might need something to keep lights rigid and not sag:tiphat:

Lyfespan

Well... hrmmm. I hadn't thought of the lens being structural support but it definitely makes sense.

i can see how you could make a very large H or W type led fixture with these, you dont need ballasts thats whats awesome. im a construction/ electrician type so this is really easy for me to rig, shit now you got me thinking about lining my 3 story bunks with these.

well new corona iso chore:tiphat::dance013:

HerbChambers

These arrived in the mail today. They are truly plug and play. I had burnt out t5s in two separate reflectors and these worked in both even with conventional t5s in the other sockets. I’m just going to put these in as my regular bulbs burn out and see where things lead.

Someone had asked about removing the plastic surrounding the diodes. While that’s probably not outside the realm of possibility it looks like a lot of work and would be a real challenge to have look “clean”

Unfortunately I don’t have a par meter to compare par readings. We’ll have to wait and see how the plants respond.

HerbChambers

picture.php

5k LEDs on the outside 6.5k flourescents in the 2 center tubes.

Last edited:

HerbChambers

As I burn out my t5 I keep replacing them with these Phillips LEDs. I’ve yet to burn out an led yet and the plants seem happy.

Lyfespan

i have replaced 1/2 of my 120 t5 lamps here and couldn't be happier, love love that these don't burn plants that touch the lamps

Grapefruitroop

Seems they have available the 8w 16w and 20w version...
They compare their 20w to a regular 54w T5 tube....i bet is much more powerful too...Prolly overkilled for clones or seedling :bigeye:
Gotta always wear glasses now!!!
They are 12 buks each....less than half Watts....im goin for them!!:groupwave:

Lyfespan

Seems they have available the 8w 16w and 20w version...
They compare their 20w to a regular 54w T5 tube....i bet is much more powerful too...Prolly overkilled for clones or seedling :bigeye:
Gotta always wear glasses now!!!
They are 12 buks each....less than half Watts....im goin for them!!:groupwave:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-54-Watt-Equivalent-46in-Linear-T5-InstantFit-LED-Tube-Light-Bulb-Daylight-5000K-473520/305851017

cant go wrong with these things, the nanolux led fixtures will be my next purchase

https://nanoluxtech.com/ledex/

gsxr97

Veteran
Last edited: