What's new

Where do Nirvana seeds's seeds come from?

Where do Nirvana seeds's seeds come from?

How does Nirvana Seeds make their strains?
They seem to have a BlueDream, OG Kush, GSC, which if I'm not mistaken they are not the breeder of any of those, so how does that work?

Are the selling S1's made from each partical strain for example Bluedream from Humbold Seed Organization's BlueDream cut at DarkHeart Nusery?

yardgrazer

DQ, but is Blue Dream attributable to one person?

I'm guessing HSO made seeds using pollen from a cut they STS'd male?

yardgrazer

Yeah, when I looked up Blue Dream it seemed more likely someone was credited, given its lineage. I think it might be my longstanding bias against Blue Dream at work (I know other people love it or whatnot).

WelderDan

Veteran
I don't know if they are still even the same outfit they used to be, but the main breeder was a dude named Mau. There were a lot of claims Nirvana just made F2's of other peoples work, but for the most part they did knock offs. Like Jock Horror. They took an NL, crossed it to a Skunk and crossed that to a Haze. Mau had a special male Skunk he used that was non dominant and he used it a lot. A lot of their strains used that male.

Now they are into fems and auto's. I haven't bought from them in over 10 years, but back then, they had decent gear for $20. I have no idea what their current practices are.

DJXX

Veteran
Ask Gypsy Nirvana...get it from the boss...they have been in the weed game forever and have connections to acquire any genetic strain they desire..then produce seeds from those...im sure Gypsy can fill you in better..DJXX

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I have no idea how it is today, but once it was a quality seed bank (despite the very cheap prices), I remember things like nl x haze, cali. orange, and many others was exceptional....

WelderDan

Veteran
Ask Gypsy Nirvana...get it from the boss...they have been in the weed game forever and have connections to acquire any genetic strain they desire..then produce seeds from those...im sure Gypsy can fill you in better..DJXX

That's a common misconception. Gypsy and Nirvana Seeds are not related, though Seed Boo did cary Nirvana gear. Gypsy had the GN collection

troutman

Seed Whore

If in doubt. Let's blame Gypsy. :biggrin:

JetLife175

Veteran
DQ, but is Blue Dream attributable to one person?

I'm guessing HSO made seeds using pollen from a cut they STS'd male?

Yes it is. It was made in Santa Cruz. The name of the person is eluding me but yeah. It’s actually attributed to a single person.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Mau has retired to Thailand - quite a few years ago - and sold Nirvana seeds on to someone else - who I don't really know -

I'm still in touch with him - 'cos we have always been buddies - back in the day Nirvana seeds were the best bang for your buck - $15 a pack of 10 - and I moved more of Mau's seeds than any other seed company/breeders seeds -

Mau made some of his own stock - but much of it was made by growers/breeders primarily in Canada.

Today - I'm not sure how they operate - since I don't know the guys he sold Nirvana Seeds to.

Happy Times

I don't know if they are still even the same outfit they used to be, but the main breeder was a dude named Mau. There were a lot of claims Nirvana just made F2's of other peoples work, but for the most part they did knock offs. Like Jock Horror. They took an NL, crossed it to a Skunk and crossed that to a Haze. Mau had a special male Skunk he used that was non dominant and he used it a lot. A lot of their strains used that male.

Now they are into fems and auto's. I haven't bought from them in over 10 years, but back then, they had decent gear for $20. I have no idea what their current practices are.

Interesting to hear about that special skunk male, never knew that before

Dirt Life

Veteran
I've grown a lot of their old stock, and personally, my experience says F2s of old breeders lines (positronics, sensi, ect...). I don't think they used a skunk in their "old breeder" lines. I do buy that they made their own knock-offs though, such as Jock Horror (which by a lot of accounts, was awesome when the right plant was found) and AK48. But, lines like their Haze #19, NL, Top44, ect., F2s of the original. This is before the switch, though. I stopped buying Nirvana when the last of SB's EOL stock was bought up. Cant say anything about their current lines.

Last edited:

JockBudman

Anyone know when the switch happened? I noticed them dropping their reg lines last year and was planning on getting some of the stock left on the reseller sites to pollen chuck with but if the lines have changed since I last grew them then there isn't much point.

radioman

I remember when Gypsy ran SeedsDirect - He used to give away a Free Pack of Nirvana Seeds away with every order. You could even request any strain of Nirvana & they would send them... He sold Nirvanna seeds for $15 plus He used to give 10% off on Mail Orders. So You could technically get 3 packs of Nirvana Seeds for $32 delivered. ($30 -10% plus $5 shipping= $32)... I tried lots of their strains - Afghani, White Rhino, Blue Mystic, Shiva, Top 44, & Northern Lights to name a few - all for free!...