What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Full grow from 2" cloner

BoomBoom

Hey what up guys. Still been following along silently but no grow yet ;(

Anyhow I couldn't find it so I gotta post.

Has anyone done or seen a micro grow grown completely in 2" cloner system such as ez clone or the aerponic totes? I'm guessing you need 2" nets not just neo inserts.

Obviously it would have to be a 12/12 from the start or do you veg clones a week just to get atleast some roots going?

Thanks.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
you dont need netpots ever you just need something to support the plant in the hole. you could cut up styrofoam and wrap the stem and insert it in the hole if you wanted. you could micro in a cloner system, or dwc/swc as it sounds like you're describing. search dwc you will find lots of grows. hand watered will turn up some too. either or on the 12/12 or veg. roots gonna grow regardless and the plant will only grow as large as the root system allows, and it wont flower before its mature anyway. the only difference you will notice is the height of plant. less light = more stretching whether you start on 12/12 or not its gonna stretch the same. the difference in light decides whether it stretches right away or whether it grows as big as it can then stretches. depends on how much space you want between your nodes at the end of the day. if you're only gonna growing a small plant then start on 12/12. to simplify it a little imagine it gets 2 foot of stretch regardless. if you start on 12/12 it will maybe grow 6 inches on top of the 2 foot of stretch. if you veg it to a certain height first on 18/6 or whatever it will do that plus the 2 feet of stretch and maybe even the other 6 inches it grew on 12 hours of light vs 18 hours. it may even stretch more than that because of the extra hours of light/energy it got stored up before the flip. the more root space the bigger the plant can get. the less light it gets the harder it reaches for whats available aka stretching. if its used to 18 hours of light over a month and it suddenly gets 12 now its gonna be reaching for light in the 6 hours darkness before the normal 18 hours is supposed to be over with until it gets used to the new dark time. plus its always reaching for light in the dark anyway. the more light/energy it has stored up the more energy it will have in the dark to use to grow/stretch. i hope you can understand what i was saying. i'm high.

BoomBoom

Yea, I just wanted to see if anyone attempted to fully grow in the 2" net pot. Don't you think the 2" neo or styrofoam would be too weak to support the plant if you attempted a full grow? I'd imagine it would fall through the hole because of the weight.

Anyhow, I'm so excited guys!!!
I just placed orders for my PVC fittings (since Home Depot didn't have any good selection, sad that I can't support the local store but whatever)
Also the order for my hoses, barbed fittings, 360* micro sprayers(I ordered a sample pack and will pick the one I like best after I see them in action) vinyl tubing, air pump, water pump, net pots, and net pot covers!!

That's all I can afford for this paycheck, next check I'll get the grow medium and lights I think, last thing will be nutrients.