What's new

10 week flowering major white hairs still

budah_luvah

hey guys I am in week 10 of flower and there has been about 10 times in the last 20 days were my timers did not turn off and they got like 13-16 hours daylight and there is massive white airs growing anybody know if it is due to the lights being on to long and the buds trying to reveg?

Attachments

• bb 1.jpg
    bb 1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 25
  • ry%3D480.jpg
    ry%3D480.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 23

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
10 times is a lot, they have for sure been delayed/stunted in their flowering process. By the looks of it you should check your temps. at canopy level to. First time a timer fails you replace it, it is not worth your crop, 15$.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you defo want to get the timer thing sorted out, get a relay switch or something.

but that plant doesnt look like its revegging to me - it just doesnt look ready yet. perhaps they take longer than 10 weeks or you are counting the time from when you flipped them rather than when they started flowering/showed sex?

bambi

at ten weeks id chuck that plant away and buy some decent regular seeds to start over with, or a clone you know is a stable variety atleast, the ones in the photo look like f/1's or f/2s maybe, female seeds grow lanky and dont bud up as big as regualr seed i know this much, as clones they do extremely well though.

and i dont think the lighting would have made much diff, just slowed things down, you can actually use 13 hrs of light instead of 12 anyhow, but no more, most people just go by the 12/12 cycle.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i would disagree with bambi. most of my strains go 10 weeks or more. usually you can add a week or two to what it says on the packet for starters

the thing about female seeds is nonsense too, as is 13 hours or light. some strains may flower under 13 hours but not all by any means.

and how do you know from a photo is a plant is from f1 or f2 seed? - id love to know that ;)

250wscrogger

Looks like you got a sativa dominant pheno on your hands... make sure that timer is in check... If you want them to ripen up a little quicker start flushing it and cut the light cycle back to 10 hours on 14 hours dark.

Rasta311

at ten weeks id chuck that plant away and buy some decent regular seeds to start over with, or a clone you know is a stable variety atleast, the ones in the photo look like f/1's or f/2s maybe, female seeds grow lanky and dont bud up as big as regualr seed i know this much, as clones they do extremely well though.

What the heck are you talking about. Thanks for the morning laugh though.

Sinnerman

Looks like its Sativa dominant. It could take a couple of weeks. Get your timers straightened out.

I had a NL cross respond with a massive amount of fresh pistol development late into flower. I transplanted that perticular plant again half way through flower(don't ask). I think I stunted its development but when it bounced back all the main colas where covered in pistols. It looked like white shag carpet. Still the hairiest bud I've ever seen. It added 10 days to flowering time.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Looks like you got a sativa dominant pheno on your hands... make sure that timer is in check... If you want them to ripen up a little quicker start flushing it and cut the light cycle back to 10 hours on 14 hours dark.

this is good advice mate. :)

dusto2k3

Best advise: Get new timer (like those visa/mastercard commercials, they cost $15, but are priceless).

Worst advise: Chuck plants.

Oh and that little one in the cup just is not quite ready for harvest yet!!! lol

They prob stressed due to inconsistent light patterens...

You will be lucky if they don't herm, hopefully just stunted, start looking for pollen development.

Get them back on a steady 12/12, might just add a few weeks until harvest.

just settle for a head high? is it that big of deal isnt that the diff between white and amber just hope that it doesnt take too long to turn amber again

yeah im having issues with a cheese pheno from greenhouse its now been almost 8 weeks since flowers have shown and it only looks like a 4 week flowering plant its pathetic....but i looked under 100x magnification and still have small lil trichomes with no stalks yet so im hoping within 3 weeks they just blow right up if not i will never use green house seeds again...i am not satisfied with any of the plants i grew from them only germed 4 seeds got 2 that made it.....im just not impressed with ghs seeds right now if the clones i took from these do the same thing then im not ever using thier seeds sorry to say....im about to order some nirvana swiss cheese and growdoc angeldust in a week or 2 im hoping....but in your case i think it was the screwy light cycle that is making your plants not flower as fast...and to bambi where the hell do you get your info from that female seeds produce less? and where did you learn you can pick out a seeds generation from pics....you need to not give help to anyone before you even learn what a f1 or f2 is dude you seem to be spreading misinformation.....read more

bambi

Well it seems some disagree with my views before even giving me a chance to explain things yes, calm down and please dont call me dude"

Ive grown many female seed varietys, i even posted a few photos on the mr nice fourms when i was there a while ago, and most of us agreed including the breeder of the site they just produce less,grow lanky even, like i said great as clones though,

The 13hrs of light is something i learnt and read out of a Gorge crevantes book for growing,
best argue this with him in future aye, yet hes right and has no need to lie, just as i dont,

and its very easy telling what generation some varietys look like as buds, they form up in differnt shapes,sizes with tell tale traits, im a private breeder myself and have been for some time now, take this info and think what you will, ive no time to argue and wont.,

mind you it is very deciving going by these pic's alone and no variety to go by, so perhaps i was a tad early to judge yes"

dev0n

13 hours is fine as long as it was a drop from what it was in veg. Erratic photoperiod will slow flower but not always ruin it. You may get some seeds etc, but after at least ten weeks of flower your buds should still be a fine smoke. Keep them going, go by the trichs not by the pistils, they'll be fine.

Latest posts

Latest posts