What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SF Valley girls in coco - like, totally...

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
wow looks like a real clean setup. Not many folks on here do coco beds and it will be interesting to watch. I have the same hanna meter and the thing is the bomb. Makes things super simple. May the ladies flourish!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
you could probably back of to 1.6 for a while, on the other hand if the strain is known to do well with higher feed levels you can safely stay at 1.8 the leaves look real healthy and the buds aren't bad for day 20 of 12/12.

everything looks real nice and organized, thanks for sharing.

OCkushKing

looking great there man! !.8 is on the higher end but your girls are looking great! What are your base nutes at, whats the starting EC of your water, do you supplement cal and mg? If you see them start to claw or the tips start to darken then burn i would back down a couple notches.

mdk ktm

since last update i have been checking the nutes going into bed and catching run off everyday. i took gaius' advise and lowered the ec - he said 1.6 but i took it down to 1.0 for 3 days (canna coco a&b only, no additives) and the run off was lower. the next week raised it up to 1.5 (a&b + additives) and the run off was lower too. then wk 5 so i add the a&b, rioz, cannazyme, boost and pk 13/14 with an ec of 1.7 (feed sched. says 1.8) run off 2.0. and now this week (6) feeding 1.4 (the sched says 1.5) run off is 1.7. getting at least 2 gal run off from 5 gal feed, pH feed 5.7-6.0 , run off always .3-.5 higher..
the resin production is kicking ass with tric's all up in the fan leaves:yes:
the posture and health of leaves:yes:
budsize is about 50% of usual in soil:no:
anyone have any theory's ?

when i ran coco it yielded less than soil also. Idk why. Im doing hydro now which should be much better.

Nice grow though! take it easy. :wave:

I'm just getting coco beds set up now. 50% smaller buds than soil? Say what? That's disastrous news.
What about if we use a much shallower bed and treat it like hydro? ie water a few times per day, drain to waste. Your plants look beautiful.
SW

I'd say too much N, and not enough light penetration. It's very hard to gauge how much space is between your two nets, and impossible to know how much light you have over them. Is it the exact same setup as before, simply switching to coco? i.e. Light, scrog

SW - Treat all pure coir like hydro, always, 'cuz it is :p I drip, that is to say squirt, 3 short times a day, under 600s and 1000s.