What's new

I love the hottest peppers!

D

dramamine

i think if possible, ppl should give a shot to plant in the ground in amended beds - the difference is enormous in size, if the roots can roam free. the only hustle comes if one needs to overwinter some of them as i see it.

I know it works well to bonsai the plants over the winter in a small pot. Definitely couldn't do too many, I guess, but maybe for those special ones to replant the next year. Works well for potted plants, not sure about taking them out of the beds, but seems like it could work.

B

bonecarver_OG

herbal extasy - i havent tried the naga - but the TS morouga is almost painfull. hehe i say almost lightly. i bet for the most of worlds population it IS VERY painfull to eat one of these :D i wouldnt eat one whole. no way! but for salsas its a wonder. makes for some wicked evil hot sauce... maybe even for pickling jalapeños.. just slip one of these into the jar in the bottom before filling with jalapeños, should make all of those jalapeños damn hot.

dramamine - yeah maybe its worth it?! also i was thinking of obviously keep seeds of the most special one and plant them anyway. but it jsut would be cool to see how a chinense makes it the 2nd year, if i get to make it survive. i will what i do.

atleast the baccatums should survive outside as is. i hope :D would be insane if they get even bigger next year! for one thing it shold make really nice camouflage plants for hiding some weed :D hehe :D these buggers grow faster than most things i seen!

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Crap Crap crap crap! :mad:

Went outside and all I took pics of was the weed in the tomatoes! :eek::

Lows here have been nearing frosting, and my Habanero's are FINALLY starting to produce lots of color! :D I think I'll have to do a makeshift tent for that one to finish off before winter sets in full.

Started taking down my chili's, harvested another .5 bushel of em today and pulled about 3/4 of the plants out, got a couple that will hopefully give me a couple more peppers before frost.

I've already seen vege gardens not 30 miles away destroyed by frost, so I know it's getting to be that time.

herbal extasy - i havent tried the naga - but the TS morouga is almost painfull. hehe i say almost lightly. i bet for the most of worlds population it IS VERY painfull to eat one of these :D i wouldnt eat one whole. no way! but for salsas its a wonder. makes for some wicked evil hot sauce... maybe even for pickling jalapeños.. just slip one of these into the jar in the bottom before filling with jalapeños, should make all of those jalapeños damn hot.
Sounds tasty jala's with that recipe :)
I ate 0,5cmx0,5cm piece of fresh TS Morouga and burn came quick. First came "OMG, I can't breath, going to die", until it settled to "I need milk or yoghurt and fast" stage. Next day was painful for stomach and ass. :D

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
I was wondering whats the best time to harvest the peppers.
I mean I have them ripe on the plants (yellow, orange etc..)
Shout I pic the asap as they are ripe, or leave them on the plant for some time.
I`m going for best taste and hotness :tiphat:

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Good question,... think it depends on the strain and your individual tastes. I like my Jalapeno's while they are still green, just before they start to change to red. Same for my chili peppers.

On my HOT peppers I always let em get fully changed in color before harvesting.

I must admit I've never let a ripe pepper linger on the plant for long, so I don't know how the extra time would effect flavor or heat.

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
I`m going for best taste and hotness :tiphat:

Pick 'em at full ripeness / final color :yes:
Extra time after the final color looks bright doesnt matter too much so you can staggering harvest taking em slowly from the plants (this seems to boost further production too). If you wait too much the peppers will just dry on the plant, something i prefer to avoid.

Peace

=K

B

bonecarver_OG

:D i spent the weekend reading scientific reports on chilis and their pungency :D seems most strains have shown to peak in SHU about 40 to 50 days after fruit sets.

im not counting days, i just take em fully red. . i admit i do harvest quite a few chilies green on each plant to make them produce more faster.

today i selected not to pic a almost fully red TS morouga blend, since i decided to see what happens with a few days more. i bet it will just go deeper red for a few days more, then maybe the SHU will go down, since the capsaicin starts degrading.. anyway the morouga is huge now, and i had to cage it to defend it against the winds and such. now the pods are starting to mature faster and faster, and its allready several changing colour.

im uber stoked with the morougas - i gotto try that 0,5x0,5 cm piece test! :D

H

h^2 O

i still want to try PURE capsacian...in it's purest form it's supposed to be like 200 million scoville...something like 2,000 times hotter than a habenero/scotch bonnet

Get some of that shit in your eyes and you'll probably be blind for life.

Got my jalapenos hanging

B

bonecarver_OG

pure capsaicin is AFAIK about 15 million SHU.
edit - i checked it up :D

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Trust me, you don't actually want to do that. One of my buddy's found something that was a pure extract, I didn't even put a drop on my fingertip, just touched the bottle opening with my finger then put my finger on my tongue.

That little bit of residue was a mistake I'll never make again! :eek:

B

bonecarver_OG

hm hehe..

lol
seems like hotsauces boosted with capsaicin extract are really expensive.. i think that blair dude is a scammer, selling sauces for 1250$ ! i mean he sells the capsaicin extract on the side for over 100 bucks! you can add that vial to a bottle of tabasco and save 1150 $!

hehe

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Heh,.... which one did you find that price tag on,.... IMO some of his bottles going for 40-50 bucks is way too much, but I did see a set listed as "Sold out" for over $2k

Like I said, "Quick" google search turned up this expensive little charmer ;)

B

bonecarver_OG

im sure some of the issues in the spanish paper is propapbly possible to understand - like the fact they state with importance, that the chilies and peppers need a lot of potasium :D

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Given that peppers will flower and fruit during their entire growing season, the extra potassium is understandable, It needs it for fruiting! :D

This winter I'm going to be using flower nutes on my peppers that will be in my vege area and should get better results than last winters really meager run. :(

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
i still want to try PURE capsacian...in it's purest form it's supposed to be like 200 million scoville...something like 2,000 times hotter than a habenero/scotch bonnet

Get some of that shit in your eyes and you'll probably be blind for life.

Got my jalapenos hanging
:tiphat:Damn that sounds hot as Hell.Whats up with the Ghost Chillie,is that not that hot compared to these others?Ive heard it was supposed to be ultra hot.I had this Hot Sauce called "Sudden Death",and it came with a Skull n Crossbones KeyChain and a Warning that anyone over a certain age or with Heart Conditions should run away from it as fast as possible,lol.I couldnt even take a toothpick n put the smallest of a drop on it without having to call into work the next day,lol.Peace and Stay Safe,DancesWithWeed:smoky:

Latest posts

Latest posts