What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1600 healthy/now dead

The_Leader

Non-Hilocentric
in my town alone 1600 healthy dogs where put down last MONTH!!!! 1400 of them where pit bull breads........man it killed me a lil inside.

just a reminder that old Bob Barker is right on the money....

Spade and Nueter ur pets.......please

just fyi

jdubz206

wow that's fucking horrible. pits are seriously the best dogs IMO...it's sad that they're also the most euthanized dog in the usa...the most loyal dog is the most euthanized...horrible...if there's such thing as heaven, animals would be the ones there...

Thats a Damn Shame, but your right if more folks had their dogs "fixed" there wouldn't be so many strays or litters dropped off at the pound. The Animal Shelters have a 2 week policy of holding the animals to find them home and if not...

I allways check out the pounds when looking for a new pet, I belive the last 6 of my dogs were adopted from there...adopt and spay or newter!!!

Che

Veteran
Anti Pit Bull laws are ridiculous. I don't even own one and I get a hard time as a result. My dog is a Rottweiler Doberman mix, which you'd think is the farthest thing from a pit, but still I get a hard time trying to buy a license.

In my area, there are a few vets that are compassionate towards Pits, and will treat them as other breeds to avoid problems for the owners.

Storm Crow

Veteran
OK, I'm a "cat person", but I agree- spay and neuter your pets! All 4 of my cats are previously abandoned animals and all are now "fixed". Check your local humane society for discount coupons for vets. With our local "SNIPS" program coupon, it costs me $10 to get a female cat fixed and males are free!

SomeGuy

668, Neighbor of the Beast
I'm allergic but love cats and dogs.

I make regular donations to our local humane society even though small, every little bit helps them. Ours even accepts aluminum cans as a way to make extra cash so if you are just tossing yours, check into it as its a great way to get them a few bucks for the pets.

buttyrekka

reminds me,where i live there's rules about dogs being under controll at all times in public areas so you dont see strays that much.anyway it really pisses me of seeing animals uncared for (all my pets have been rescued animals)...SO i'm walking to the shops and i see this bulldog/pitbull type running towards me,Oh fuck thinks i,but not to worry the dogs dead friendly.

Now most pitbull type dogs are owned by fucktards near me,so im standed there thinking fuckin idiots probably didnt close there gates.continue strokeing this dog and all off a sudden 3 dogs come sniffing round the pitbull.
the pitbull is a female on heat.so the fucktards have not only not had there bitch neutered,the dont look after it and there gonna have pups in a few months!!!they obviously dont give a shit about the dog they own and now there gonna have more.WANKERS!so annoying!you go to the kennels/vets there's 1000's of animals there because of fuckin idiots.worst thing is(i live in a very poor area)WE HAVE FREE NEUTERING/SPAYING FOR THE POOR.
ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHH WANKERS!
arr well got that out of my system.dont forget folks a puppy grows up quick!
get em spayed/neutered :D

SweetNightmare

Can't they make some kind of dog colony instead of killing them all? would be sweet to be able to go n play with 1000 dogs... imagine watching them play fetch lol

Mayara

The fact that 1400 of them were pits kinda irks me, My brother adopted a Mexican Rednose pit that was going to be put down and she's a real softie with kids and very tolerant of things. Only time she has ever gotten mean with other dogs or people was when they started fights.

Gotta go find a picture now of her to share.

Smooth B

I saved 2 pitbull mutts off the side of the road. One had 2 puppies. Got them adopted.

If I were to describe them, they are full of energy...need lots of room to play and run.

Yes, they will bark at you but not bite.

Only once did I think one of the dogs was going to bite: This drunk girl at my house raised her hand at me. (She thought she was funny) Gosh, she almost got attacked. I kept yelling don't do that...don't do that.

Peace. :D

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it breaks my heart to think of those poor babies being 'disposed' of.

I know times are tough and lots of our own needs are NOT being met
adequately today, but please try to seek out your local no kill shelter
and volunteer a few $ or a few hours of your time. I bring in some cash
and a bag of pigs ears 2-3 times a year to the Humane Society nearby.

EDIT:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The_Leader again.

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
my sister rescued this mastif "rufus" about 6 yrs ago, and he is one of the nicest, coolest, most mellow dogs ive ever seen, and he was gonna be put down w/in a week if he didnt get rescued.

...the people who gave him up lived in an apartment and somehow didn't realize how big the dog could get. :confused:

the pic is several yrs old (obviously), and the girl in the pic is just a random friends daughter who had just met rufus...thats how nice that dog is.

picture.php

im gonna get my boy yukon a buddy.

...for those who don't know he's a great pyrenees, and you cant put another boy dog in the same family w/ them.
...even tho he's super nice i know he wouldent stand for it...so ive been looking for a female pyrenees at a rescue here...and may have found one....he's fixed, and so is she, ....the rescue wants them to meet before adopting, so we'll take a trip in a week to see her in person.

... plus she has training to be a therapy dog to go to hospitals and old folks homes, i really like that, and would prolly continue that w/ her.

Mayara

I promised a picture of the sweetheart pit. Hang on Exif Data didnt wipe -.-

Last edited:

mtbazz

Pit mixes and rotties scare me....

Every single one I have seen has been extremely aggressive....neighbor up the road had one and had to put him down because the dog got out of their fenced yard and attacked a jogger for no reason.

Another person I know breeds Rotties...two of her own dogs attacked her for no reason while she was in bed...

I really dont understand the attraction of these dogs..

Mayara

40592kigh-med.JPG

Probably the nicest dog I've met. Laid back and a goofball. Only time ever she has gotten mean twards anyone was when someone was threatening family members so she growled at them till they left.

The_Leader

Non-Hilocentric
Pit mixes and rotties scare me....

Every single one I have seen has been extremely aggressive....neighbor up the road had one and had to put him down because the dog got out of their fenced yard and attacked a jogger for no reason.

Another person I know breeds Rotties...two of her own dogs attacked her for no reason while she was in bed...

I really dont understand the attraction of these dogs..

those dogs had a reason. the humans bit and so forht never say what actually happened. like i was a stupid putz and pissed the dog off......

plus u must conceed that dogs r the direct product of their said "master".....my dogs r my friends, they live w/me and i w/them.....

being scared just adds to the problem....u r a human. no dog should scare u.....period

guest3589

It's so sad to hear that large of a number of animals were destroyed. I do what I can to help, I always get new animals from the shelters which will only allow spayed or neutered animals be adopted.

I have had dogs and cats for as long as I can remember and one of the best hands down was a pit. I get along well with most all dogs and have never really had fear of a dog as an adult. In all my life I have never seen a dog attack that was unprovoked, ever. If a dog were to attack the owner at night while the owner was in bed, that tells me there is a lot of information missing.

I don't think there is any justification for racism in terms of dog breeds. All dogs should be viewed as individuals with attitudes and emotions that are unique to each animal you encounter. Certainly IMO the most influential element in a dogs temperament is it's upbringing. Dogs have very powerful personalities and social hierarchy, they will dominate anyone who fails to take the alpha roll. It is natural for dogs to need a leader and if there is none, they will assume the roll.

A lot of owners simply give their dogs the alpha roll and then wounder why the animals don't really obey them.

GOod luck on the adoption Nokuy, I'm sure Yukon will love the lady, sounds like a good match. ;)

guest3589

those dogs had a reason. the humans bit and so forht never say what actually happened. like i was a stupid putz and pissed the dog off......

plus u must conceed that dogs r the direct product of their said "master".....my dogs r my friends, they live w/me and i w/them.....

being scared just adds to the problem....u r a human. no dog should scare u.....period

I'm going to have to agree with this, reminds me of how I always hear how well everyone does in Vegas, yeah right!