What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ALL ACCESS PASS

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
If you're familiar with the F.U.C.K.E.M. thread, then you've probably seen pictures of my latest grows. Quite possibly you saw my "Ed Rosenthal Super Bud" thread also. Nonetheless, I wanted a place to be able to post pictures, smoke reports and other assorted information that was consolidated with all my plants. Currently I'm working with the following:

Ed Rosenthal Super Bud: Sensi Seeds
Big Bud: Sensi Seeds
Lavender: Soma's Sacred Seeds
Opium: Paradise Seeds
Ice Cream: Paradise Seeds
Long Island Old School Phenotype 1: Unknown Breeder
Long Island Old School Phenotype 2: Unknown Breeder

FYI: Whereas I used to have a markedly larger setup, as I've gotten older...my hobbies had to be scaled back (that's what you get when you're married and "responsible"...). So these days I'm running a 250 HPS over a 10 gallon ebb & flow SOG for flowering. My moms, veggies and clones are all under a 105 Watt CFL. The moms and veggies get TLC from a 6 gallon Emily's Garden ebb & flow that's been used for over 15 years....it's still kickin'. Everyone that's not a clone is in Hydroton rock...straight and simple. All seeds are started in coco and grown to the point where they can be cloned and put right into hydroton. An Ez-Cloner takes all the mental and physical work out of cloning.

Nutrient regimens are rather simple: I've used General Hydroponics for years now without fail. It's relatively inexpensive, it's easily stored and very accessible. The only "Foo-Foo" stuff I use is: Green Fuse "Root Stimulator", Green Fuse "Bloom Stimulator", American Hydroponics "Dark Energy" and Botanicare's "Sweet". If I need some Floramicro or Cal/Mg I add as necessary. Every once in awhile I'll also drop in some "Floralicious" for yucks.

So if you'd like, you're more than welcome to pop in, ask questions, make comments, share your experience and otherwise enjoy. For my f.a.m.i.l.y. and friends the door's always open.

Last edited:

accessndx

Veteran
Paradise Seeds: Opium

Paradise Seeds: Opium

I thought I'd start out with a strain that's quickly becoming my favorite in terms of it's vigor and growth: Opium. I haven't had the opportunity to taste it yet as this is the first time I've grown it out. It's gonna be pulled when I return from Fla. on the 16th. So sometime after that, I'll let ya' know how it all worked out.
I'm not going to be backtracking and posting earlier pictures of these strains. As new ones get to flowering I'll take pictures of the development as it's happening. For now, you can see the most recent pictures taken tonight and from a few days ago. I'll also invite you to check out the F.U.C.K.E.M. thread as there have been numerous posts with other pictures of this strain from the start.

Description from the breeder in Ed Rosenthal's Big Book of Buds V3:
This bittersweet 50/50 hybrid is the result of a cross between a mostly sativa mother selected for her potency and short bloom period, and a mostly indica "reversed" female "father". A versatile plant, Opium can be grown indoors, or outdoors when the region is comparable to France-warm and sunny, generally between the latitudes 50 degrees North and South. She can also be grown as a sea of green or multi-branch plant depending on how long you vegetate her.
Opium has at least one characteristic in common with its namesake, beyond the interesting flavor-a large top flower. On all of the phenotypes observed, her calyx-to-leaf ratio is very high. Huge bracts pile up on each other, all wearing fine-looking trichome coats-the biggest colas that the breeders at Paradise Seeds have ever seen. When allowed to grow as a multi-branch plant, the branches become profuse. One experienced grower respectfully calls this branchy phenotype "the totem".
When raised hydroponically or on coco, Opium performs phenomenally in terms of manageability and vigorous growth. Pruning the lower third of a well-constituted plant will ease the manicuring process and really valorize her monstrous top colas and huge rounding bracts. Given time to mature, the final look and feel of her buds says "quality"-a pale green cured flower with a silverish sheen and subtle shades of mixed colors. Her smell is also exponentially enhanced after proper curing and can become harder to mask. Opium's fragrance and tastes are composed mostly of fruit, although they traverse a range of exotic, terpene-induced associations. While most plants have a creamy tropical punch taste, one phenotype leans toward with a noticeably different, astringent grape taste. The "grapey" plants can often be identified by the beautiful purple and pink notes in their coloring.
Opium is a majestic plant, with intense smoke from liftoff to landing, Opium does not leave you crashing on the ground at the end of the ride. Her sativa heritage registers in every cell of your body, lifting you up with an amazing cerebral high complete with visuals and racing thoughts. Given the right setting, she is a bright daytime smoke, although she may lead you to play hooky after lunch.

Opium won Second Place at the High Times Cannabis Cup: Category "Seed Bank" Sativa in 2006.

Her genetics are apparently comprised of an even split 50% Sativa, 50% Indica. Her high is described as "visual, cerebral and racy". The breeders indicate that she has a 60 day flowering period. The yield is indicated as 550 g/m2 indoors and 600 / plant outdoors. The taste apparently is similar to "sweet and bitter fruit punch".​

One additional note: if you're "zooming" in on these pictures and see little brown and yellow flakes...that's just the packing material that my biological predators were in. I've had a low level thrip infestation. I was unwilling to spray these gals with Spinosad or other chemicals because they're so close to harvest. Therefore, I opted to use various predators such as "thrip predators", "pirate bugs", "green lacewings" and "ladybugs" to control the issue until I could effectively spray.​

K

kallenavndk

That Opium could become my favorit also hehe :)
She is a special looking girl my friend a girl that have been spotted by a great grower and growed whit love and passion for the herp i can tell by her looks u thread her like a queen RESPEKT m8

accessndx

Veteran
That Girl said:
Can't wait for the smoke report!
What's the flowering period for her?

That Girl

The breeder states it's 60 days. She'll be taken out at least that far since I'll be travelling during the time period she would have ordinarily been pulled.

SA: Thanks for stoppin' in.....I'll try to only serve popcorn during movies...LOL. It's the big colas I'm lookin' for...btw...your harvest was no slouch either. The last picture with the tray of colas was the clincher...the background wasn't shabby either. Of course I didn't come right out and state the obvious (I let Cella do that...).

CF: The "BOSS" is always welcome in my pad, anyday, anytime...

TO: Love having you here...

KA: You too bro....and yeah I'm loving that Opium.

Quazi

Hey man! Never seen your stuff until now...and now I'm excited.

Pulling up a chair for this one.

:lurk:

-Q :rasta:

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:wave: :lurk:
hello my friend :friends:
tagged, i'll keep an eye on this one as well
nice show so far :yes: way to keep it green
:smoweed:

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fasho bro and we can all drop smoke reports inhere for all to see in one big smoke report thread ,correct? will be awesome yo to not have to be searchin the bar all kindsa times lookin for info for different strains...as time goes this could become a seriously wicked and informative thread...big :respect: for this one F.A.M.
peace.-T-

Last edited:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very pretty plants access!!!...but I expected nothing less, your a special person and the ladies love you :D
Frank I hope you brought alot of popcorn! hehe

accessndx

Veteran
Quazi: thanks bro. Good to have you here.
CBF: yeah, I noticed this particular strain has robust growth like diesel...only it supposedly has a generally faster flowering time. I love the smell, nothing like diesel tho.
Cella: you already know you're in my 5!!! LOL.
Tona: drop whatever you want in here. Smoke reports and new strain info. is always welcome....hell...if something's that good I might just be lookin' to acquisition a new gal!!!
Mrs. B: (Blush) I'm not certain the "ladies" love me, but it's awesome to have you here. P.S.-that Salsa was finished off with a batch of insane tacos....so fresh...so over the top..I could taste the TLC you put into everything!!! You know the fastest way to a man's heart is through is stomach...LOL.
JP: Whenever I can inject a bit o' science you know I can't resist...I'm diggin' Ice Cream and Opium also...a friend of mine pulled a few Ice Creams and completed drying/curing it. I had given him a cut way early on, but I hadn't got to flowering mine....so he's ahead of me in the timeline on that strain. He called last night to tell me what the head was like.....he's an oldschool pot snob....he judges ALL pot by rolling a joint, taking a maximum of 3 hits. If it doesn't flip his coin by the third hit, he gives it a bunk rating. He won't smoke anything unless it's that "one hitta quitta" and is always looking for that instant take-off. Creepers are generally passed over. His vote was a definitive thumbs up on the quality. As far as the quantity he wasn't specific about what he yielded...but he mentioned that it could be a bit denser.
BB: You know I love the family and friends here bro. You're both!!!
FT: Thanks...I think this strain is "luscious" as well. She's definitely a healthy gal!
I'm gonna get around to posting some of those pictures of Ice Cream with the breeder's description and assorted info. shortly.

P.S.-to Dr.Dog....thx. for the compliment and the +rep. bro. You're welcome in the thread anytime!

Last edited: