What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do girls have a lower tolerance..?

T

texsativa

ThePotanist said:
I have the same problem everyone else in my fam has high blood pressure mines really freaking low. what it could be though it something called orthostatic syncope which means some time u pass out when u change position like get up to quickly and having that rush of blood leav your head. In my case its caused by a block in one of the banches of my heart which iis like nature pacemaker. next time she goes to the doc tell them to do an EKG and look for a similar block. with me sometime when i get off the couch i get dizzy now a day i can tell when its coming on and just squat down. its just that ur BP doesnt shoot up quick ennough when u change position and u lose blood from ur head. not a big thing to worry bout.

Good call. Sorry to hear about your heart block.

While cannabis can increase heart rate, it also acts as a vasodilator. Widened arteries, less pressure and blood flow to the brain, BAM! Syncope. Orthostatic hypotension.

C

cellardweller

:wave: Hi everyone!
My wifey smokes everday,is about my size,and has high blood pressure.Her tolerance( as well as mine) is up there.
She will match me bowl for joint on any given day. I drink she doesnt.When she does decide to have a couple,she HAS to smoke then drink then smoke again or she gets really sick ( if she starts drinkin then smokes).When I dont smoke for a coupla days then burn I find Im a little higher.
Doesnt phase her though.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
My Grandma can outsmoke anybody I know. I told her she need ta kick it with snoop, she smokes continously from when she wakes to when she goes to sleep, longest break inbetween puffs is prolly 10 minutes unless she goin somewhere. she's 80 years old, funnest person I know to be around. my girl has a real high tolerance too, outsmoke me anyday. I think it depends on the person, when I was younger I stayed high, now I smoke less and it has more effect on me.

Hi all,
I don't have any medical or scientific explanation but I know my ex-girlfriend could floor me (and most of my friends) anytime !And she's a tiny bit of a woman who don't smoke on a regular basis.
cheers

P

princessofpurp

i definitely feel like my tolerance is higher than some guys, but that could be because i smoke more. i am sure it has to do with a persons physiology.

mazzakush

9Lives said:
Yeah i figure it must be individual too...i mean her bloodpressure is really really low..unhealthy even. Blunts are definatley out! Not that i smoke any of them often. Twice a year maybe. I on the otherhand have hypertension so it works really well for me.

sounds like yall may like different strains then each other. maybe you more indica, her more sativa. Find a nice hybrid?

on the otherhand a couple of times lately i've goddamn near gotten seizures where I almost pass out after smoking then standing up. so wtf do I know?

bambam

:joint:I wished that my gf would just smoke "one" blunt and pass out!! :jump: 9Lives could you please post more on the way you smoke? Like what do you roll your blunts with, strain you smoke,and how to get the nice chatterless passed out gf. :laughing: Just play n around! My gf can smoke like a champ. I would have to say it depends on who's smoking! Sorry is freaked you out a bit. I would to if my chick passed out in my arms bro! Take care and good times! :joint:

K

kallenavndk

thc goes in the fat right? then girls have a lower tolerance because they have more fat in the body than men

MedTokeRx

my wife has a higher tolerance than i do. and one time my aunt passed out after a fat joint, just like 9lives described. maybe low tolerance is hereditery. LOL

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
nobody the same,,, i got a boy who smokes a 8th everyday,,, but he got

no tolerance... he could take a few hits and still get retarded,, but he smokes

heavy... my ex used to take a small hit and get retarded blazed,, and my

friend who dont smoke no more>>his gurl comes over and chiefs up wit me

and she can HANG,,, go bowl for bowl with me>>and i smoek almost quarter

a day,,,funy how all the women that have been with me dont smoek,, and im

such a smoker..what is it,,,opposites attract?? least she dont be up in my

stash :rasta:

yes it has to do with body mass and phycology. abd also i think cuz im a male, that mabe females are looking for different aspects of the high then us males so arent satisfied by or have the taste for the particular stone that i do. makes sense in my head. but the few posts i saw about females not feeling effects or not showing effects of the marijuana simply arent smoking good shit. cuz a good indica or sativa dominate high grown well and is potent will get you high if u like the weed or not. i remember smoking some shit and i swear i was allergic to it. i was blasted like there was no way i could b that high, from weed somethings wrong. and i grew it myself.
sorry guys for rambling kinda high.

Bruja64

like bein' lighweight

like bein' lighweight

God it's early here. My brain is sort of in stupid mode still. But, here goes: I can only speak for myself. LIGHTWEIGHT. Have smoked on/off many years and still only takes no more than 2-3 hits and I am satisfied(if not really retarded).
Am tall & thin, don't know if that has a damn thing to do with it though.
And through the year I have smoked various strains(so it has nothing to do with quality).
Honestly I am glad I am like this because it keeps me where I need to be most of the time(budwise).
I have never really understood wanted to get so stoned you can't even function. Seems like a waste to me. But that is just MY opinion.
Everyone is different!

Peace & love
and as Always: Good Medicine~ :ying:
Bruja

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Gals tend to be lighter in weight and in the brain KIDDING!

There more sensitive so in most cases yes but different people react differently, I know chicks who smoke more then 5 grams a day.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Chmaka said:
That's because women generaly have lower blood pressure than man.

or is it women generally tend to raise men's blood pressure?

I vote for the latter