What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

inline icmag photos on other sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr. hyde

i did a quick search for ya and found this thread in the security library forum, it is a bit dated before the name change but is still accurate. https://www.gardenscure.com/420/security-reference/75011-how-safe-site.html i'll copy/paste so you dont have to click it. it seems a form of ip capture is used on an admin level but no logging. hope that answers your question.
4 Are IPs logged?
Ip's are not logged on HempCultivation.Com. I do not keep web traffic details for hempcultivation.com. Apache is not logging anything but errors so I can determine problems before they become issues. It is possible for Administrators to get the ip you are currently visiting with. We use this method of ip capture for banning and watching problem users/trolls. Sometimes I use this information to contact outside ISP's to inform them of the abuse by one of their users. I do not mind giving up the ip of someone who is causing me grief. However, they (ip's) are not stored with any identifiable information.

Last edited:

S-2

That post is from when Rick owned the site-- we don't currently grab IPs for any purpose and the cookies are for PW and user name/settings recognition during sign in. Can understand why some would not want that... have not heard much rumbling from our members about it but its worth asking them about the convenience versus the security concerns.

S2

Status
Not open for further replies.