What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG style rep system

What the hell are you talking about? First you say you dont know how to grow...then you say you're all dialed in and your such a pro who doesn't ever need help...then you talk about how there's no need for the infirmary if everyone was competent at growing...I'm sure you became competent overnight? Without any problems whatsoever?:jerkit:

This thread is a pile of :fsu:....

It was about putting together ideas to make the system better and I'm the only one who whipped out an idea... :fsu:

Last edited:
G

theres a slight proble with it but don't expect it to change.

The main proble is how are they going to seperate the grow related posatives from the non-grow related posatives? Theres no way, I'm all for it if you guys feel like you need it but I could care less but I guess I don't have much of a say in this because I don't share my pics on IC.

tuttlebudd

Dank1 said:
theres a slight proble with it but don't expect it to change.

The main proble is how are they going to seperate the grow related posatives from the non-grow related posatives? Theres no way, .
FUNNY... OG did it... :chin:

G

Well I was only on OG for two days before it was shot down so I didn't know

G

OG's was only seperated by where the post occured. So if you were Trolling a growing thread and someone "liked" what you said (regardless of whether it was Grow related) you got a % point towards Grow Related Karma. I don't think the OG stylee would make this place any more Legit. If someone gives you questionable info ask a Guru and start a thread in the den about Bunk Info. Once the wannabes are exposed I don't think they will continue to pass on what they "think" or "heard someone say somewhere".

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
yup ^^^^^ ... don't look at it as rep folks....I was never on OG but from what WeedWrapperMan just said I totally agree how that would be a different kind of BS Rep...look at it like Karma Dots and the rep will take care of itself. if you have even spent one day on this site you will notice that if you say something good and/or give good advice, the right people will say something following your post to the affect that you know what you are talking about. Check out their diaries or pics...you can tell a novice from an expert pretty quick. and keep in mind...alot of top shelf growers are still afraid to post their garden. Use this site as a tool and a great place to meet like-minded peeps. Earn your reputation the seudo old fashioned way. Who cares how many green dots you have.

BG

M

Mr. Nevermind

I think there are more important things to get your panties in a bunch over than some fuckin green dots that in the real world mean dick. who honestly gives a fuck about the green dots anyway? I mean there are a ton of people here with many nics that can just give rep to themselves, there are little groups that pass rep back and forth and many other ways people get rep. so honestly rep on IC dont mean shit.

Look at babba, he has no green bars but then you look at me and i have a few. Does that really mean i know more or grow as well or better than Babba? Granted im a damn good grower i dont post pics of grows ( sorry its a crime) yet Babba does and dont have a green bar next to him. So that alone shows rep on IC dont mean shit.

Its just a way of high school kids that come here to still try to make themselves feel "cool". Like sayin " look dude, i got another bar" . Fuck green dots, i'd rather focus on more clones than more green dots. and all here should as well. Stop talkin about rep, pissin and moanin. there was another thread like it with people pissin and cryin that they got neg rep. Who the fuck cares? Does getting neg rep really effect your day so much you need to post about it? i know i could get bombed by all of you with neg rep and my garden would still be green, my girl will still give me head before i go to sleep and i still got money in the bank. So honestly, calm down with the rep pissin and moanin threads. I like you all but its gettin rather childish to discuss something as meaningless as green dots on a website from people you dont even know

Nevermind

G

Like I said this is a forum for people who smoke pot and want to conbverse with people of the same interest, yes there is a growers forum and it has many sub-forums, reat if you want to post your grows on IC if you don't that doeswn't mean your a security risk, again this is not a growers forum this is a stoner forum, if you don't like it go elsewhere its simple as that. I wish I could get one mod to agree with me that this is not overgrow which was a grow site but this is not, this is a place for people who use cannabis to converse with like minded people, not a grow only forum.

G

I'm not trying to get everyone top agree with me, I could care less but that is the second or third time I've head someone say "this is a grow forum" which it is not, it is grow related and we do encourage gowing your own but its not a grow only forum. I grow but do I post pics to brag and make myself seem like the king shit, no. I could care less my main interest is covering my ass not showing off to people I've never met or intend or intend to meet. If I feel like showing them to you I'll send you a link otherwise I could care less.

G

diude you have seven posts, you havent even been here 10 days and your trying to tell me how the site works, please. Like you said we all see things in our own way, bla, bla, bla. Showing your pics is to brag, it is helpful but that is not the intent of most, its mainly to feel accepted, as far as proving it to you, I could care less, there are few people who know what I actually do and me showing them to you does nothing.

BTW it can go either way you stupid fuck, think about the meaning of the words, idiot.

People like you don't even deserve to be allowed to post you have 9 posts and you start posting on a rep system thread, wtf?

Everyone has their opinions and views I was saying just don't expect the site to be taylor made to fit them if they don't like the way it is now, it is the way it is and will most likely remain that way.

G

Truly spoken like someone who thinks they know something.....:biglaugh:

Good Luck with that.

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
Dude....... Going by date registered is like assuming someone is an expert grower cause they have a bunch of dots. FM has been around (Good to see ya :wave:). I have no problem with you Dank, but I think you misconstrued FM. The swear words and idiot comment were unneeded. To imply new members shouldn't contribute ideas and suggestions is ludicrous and hopefully, a view not shared by many. Wouldn't be a nice way to welcome people, would it? Why would people bother signing up if they think their input isn't worthy? You just helped prove that judging things based on dates or dots doesn't work. Hope ya have a good week end tho and don't think I'm jumping on ya, I'm not. Just adding my .02 :wave:

Last edited:
G

Everyone is allowed their two cents, no problem. I got pissy when he started trying to correct the phrase that I wrote and used smileys to put emphasis into what he was writing, thats a jerk thing to do, do you agree?

Thats the way I sat that phrase, its sorta like to tomAto, TOMaTO thing it doesn't matter, and then he tries to tell me that I don't grow because I don't post pics, whatever man. It is unnessary and call me paranoid but I'm in enough trouble as it is so I would just assume not do it, thats the way I feel about it. Do what you want people, just don't get an account and try to change the site thats all, Peace

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I definitely think there should be some distinction from rep received for toker's den type stuff and the rep earned from grow advice, documenting, stuff like that. When I was first a member here I looked at people's rep bars and join dates. Now that I look back, that wasn't the best thing to do. I've seen people with full rep that I have never seen have a grow diary or plans of some sort in the growing forums. It would definitely be a helpful indicator. I never got to use OG so I don't know what their's was like, but from the sounds of it it'd be a nice addition.

LLCoolBud

Persoanlly I think we could 99% easily have general forum repuation(currentrep) and a second growers reputation. What you think gang i agree this forum was not started as a gorwing site but it has become the home of a vast amount of knowledge found no where else we need to protect the information and spread it in an organised fashion and this will encourage it and allow us the members and moderators filter threw the random posts and 2 post members diluting this forum spammning ect.

MyAssIsGrass

?_?
Veteran
FullMonty said:
Actually this caught my eye because I have said the same things many times, but, if I recall correctly, I don't think it was rep, I think it was posts, wasn't it? (94% of posts cultivation related, etc, etc)

Nah, it was definatly cultivation related karma, that was recieved on posts in the cultivation areas

Dank1 said:
The main proble is how are they going to seperate the grow related posatives from the non-grow related posatives?

Apart from it being a low priority, this could be a possible reason why it's not here. Is there a ~shabang~ in the house? :wink:

:wave: former OGers