What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are ICmags' servers safe?!

G

I know I'm not the only one wondering this: Are Icmags' servers safe? After OG and CW went down and their servers got confiscated by leo, I just gotta ask. Who can assure me this won't happen to ICMAG? Are Icmags servers in a safe country?

Last edited:
G

Well i have a feeling they are in amsterdam, how much safer could they be?

G

Don't get me wrong I respect anyone who has the balls to post. I learned from those peops.

slips:

I want an answer from someone who really knows for sure. Do you? would you bet your life on it?

G

wells lets see dutchgrowns and gypsys shops there, as well as seedboutique, and seedbay .... hmmm

G

I want 100% certainty. Like, I have actually seen the servers in the dam'. And I don't know about you but I see a UK address at Sbay. Hmmmm....

Last edited:
G

This message will self-destruct, after I get an answer. Ha ha!

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
the IC mag servers are in Amsterdam as is Sboo and Sbay
I can confirm this as I have been in the server room a few times

OP

.♠.

Are you sure OP? I mean you could be an impostor who is only pretending to be the real OP, just to try and fool Chakal into thinking that the servers "might" be in Amsterdam. lol.

I think the servers are in Nebraska somewhere. LOL.

Peace

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
servers are kept in a back room at the whitehouse. Dubbya is the webmaster

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
ALL servers for Gypsy's sites are locked in Amsterdam, they couldn't be safer or in a safer place.

Gypsy would NEVER place anyone in harms way by housing the servers anywhere other than in the most canna-tolerant country (NL), with the highest level of security possible...which we aren't going to get into specifics on. He pays a very high server bill each month (thousands of euros) not just for bandwidth alone, but for maintaining such things as 24 hr around the clock on site dedicated security, amoung other unmentionable security measures. :D

It's up to everyone to have their own security in mind and not post personal details, in the forums or in pm's, which could compromise their own security.

:D

G

Maybe to some, security ain't an issue. But me, I got myself in the position I am today for being cautious. I'd rather lurk.

pieceofyoheart: And if so many people do grow reports here doesn't make it safe, maybe they're just plain dumb or they're in a country thats cool about Buds.

Originally Posted by .♠.
Are you sure OP? I mean you could be an impostor who is only pretending to be the real OP, just to try and fool Chakal into thinking that the servers "might" be in Amsterdam. lol.

I think the servers are in Nebraska somewhere. LOL.

Peace

I am a serious person with a serious question, guess what? I expect a serious answer. Not some bullcrap. So go on, laugh. Over time I have proven that whoever has the last laugh, laughs better!

Dutchgrown:
Thanks for clearing that up.

p.s. Maybe now I'll get some pics in. Cause I know no one knows a Sea of green, like I do.. lol! I mean, it truely is a sea! hmmm, maybe not, thanks for reassuring me .♠. :sasmokin: :pointlaug

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Well sorry if the tongue-in-cheek posts bothered you. But you did come on a growers forum where there are hundreds and hundreds of grow threads and ask if it is safe? What kind of answers did you expect? Obviously most of us feel safe here.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I feel safe here in the knowledge that my servers are in a canna tolerant country.......under great security.......

G

Good to know Gypsy. I thank you for all your "security", and I would do the same if I were in your position. I just wanted to make sure as I did a search and nothing came up concerning this question and I felt it had to be asked. My props to you and the good deads you do to spread all this Dank DNA. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Off topic: Any way you can get BOG back to your Bean List? Cause I feel uncomfortable having to go to PLan B. You should put your differences aside, and make that $$$. Cause I know I'm not the only one that would want this. Peace, I'm out.

Chakal said:
Good to know Gypsy. I thank you for all your "security", and I would do the same if I were in your position. I just wanted to make sure as I did a search and nothing came up concerning this question and I felt it had to be asked.

Actually it has been asked and answered, just not in the same fashion you asked. That is why your search didn't turn up the answer you were seeking. Unless Holland was to change there laws to allow LEO to barge in and physically take the servers, we are about as safe as you can get. GN and his staff made it clear in other threads that IP addresses are logged for maybe a mere minute while you login, and then wiped from the server. He's done his half of the security, you need to do the rest (FireFox, NoScript and TOR). Rest easy. If you still get popped, it will not be because you visited these sites.

Chakal said:
Off topic: Any way you can get BOG back to your Bean List? Cause I feel uncomfortable having to go to PLan B. You should put your differences aside, and make that $$$. Cause I know I'm not the only one that would want this. Peace, I'm out.

This has been hashed out already. Do not expect a response from GN. If you want the answers, you can look in "The Library" for the archive of Bog's forum. On top of that, you do not need to go Plan B. Go to Sbay. Sbay is one of GN's sites, so you know they are safe (and reliable from what I have read), and Bog presently has some beans on there RIGHT NOW. You probably won't like the prices though!