What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First indoor grow in soil - autoflowers?

gijsflis

Hi guys,

I want to start growing for the very first time and want to make things as easy as possible for myself.

Was thinking about autoflowers and 15 liter pots, no special lightning, just placing my plants in front of the window. Would this work?

Thanks for you reply! :huggg:

Sounds great, good way to learn the basics of plant care without investing in a way to manage the light/dark cycle photos need. Cannabis needs a lot of light, so make sure the window you choose gets at least 4-6 hours of direct sun.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Welcome to ICMag!! :D
I recommend about 5 gallons of information for each inch of plant growth. You're in the right place for it.

Personally, I don't recommend autos for first time growers. If you have a lot of bag seeds to practice sprouting with, that would help. Autos need stress free growth the first 3 weeks, or the yield is seriously impacted. Practicing growing sprouting seeds and keeping them healthy for a month will help a lot.

With regular photoperiod plants, you'll be able to veg longer to fix mistakes. I mean, you can literally chop a couple feet off your plant and nearly start over. :D No way to do this with autos.

That being said, I love autos in a lot of situtations, especially femmed ones. :D

Unk_OG

Solid!

Solid!

I recommend about 5 gallons of information for each inch of plant growth. You're in the right place for it.

Personally, I don't recommend autos for first time growers. If you have a lot of bag seeds to practice sprouting with, that would help. Autos need stress free growth the first 3 weeks, or the yield is seriously impacted. Practicing growing sprouting seeds and keeping them healthy for a month will help a lot.

With regular photoperiod plants, you'll be able to veg longer to fix mistakes. I mean, you can literally chop a couple feet off your plant and nearly start over. :D No way to do this with autos.

That being said, I love autos in a lot of situtations, especially femmed ones. :D

Solid advice Doug E. Fresh!

gijsflis

Sounds great, good way to learn the basics of plant care without investing in a way to manage the light/dark cycle photos need. Cannabis needs a lot of light, so make sure the window you choose gets at least 4-6 hours of direct sun.

Awesome man! Great advice! I will definitely:yes: do that

gijsflis

Sweet reaction brother! However, i think i will start with autoflowers Just for the ease of growing. After that i will try some "normal feminized seeds". Can't wait to start!!