What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flushing of coco using Fox Farm schedule

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I'm using Fox Farm Salamander Soil and loosely following the Fox Farm schedule.
Fox Farm says to feed all the way to the end of week 8. (But they are in the fertilizer selling business.).
They use Sledge Hammer as a flush an tell you to use SL three times throughout the 8 weeks for coco.
Salamander Soil has ewc and guano. I guess most of that is gone by the end of the plants life.
Anyone using the schedule?
Im thinking I'm not going to feed till the end.

GodspeedGrows

Personally wouldn't waste my time on sledgehammer. Get a good EC/PPM meter. Every flush you're going to water until your runoff is 0 ppm. Or if you are using tap water, make sure the runoff is the same ppm as the water you are flushing through the soil. Do this starting two weeks before expected harvest date. They will fade nicely. In some strains if you use cold water you will see some more interesting colors and increased trich production.