What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can DWC be successful at 80 res temp

LostTribe

Premium user
not recommended I wouldn't do it above 75 degrees I am a hydroton drip fan though less problems with rez temps

well read 'snypes rdwc'. he said 1 drop Clorox bleach per gal prevents rot above 70's. he changes every 10 days. I do 12, since I add the drops every 4 days, so 12 days per rez change. I do readings every 4 days, ec, ph...I also use ice bottles each night but snype said I didn't have to. but im afraid and water getting yucky in 12 days anyway. they sure do like fresh changes. twice my coco yield. Oregon law only lets me grow 4 plants so 2 flower, 2 veggin...I might try an additive someday but taste is ok.

DabStar

Ok figured I would point out that if you are in a basement you can use a mini sub. pump and a copper coil running from your sump drain hole with cool ground water around your bucket and back into the sump drain and bring temps to a constant 70 or so. if your not in a basement same will apply if you put a copper coil about 10 ft below the ground and pump water out through the ground and back around you bucket with a bucket in the center for you water to push out and return to.

DabStar

Forgot the last option of running the same process in and out of a mini fridge get one of c.list for a few bucks so your not mad at drilling a few holes in the side.

Latest posts

Latest posts