What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Karma Cuban Bubba Haze

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
soaked the beans in hydrogen peroxide and ten are now in rapid rooters. super sweet

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
Well done woolybear I always disinfect my beans in hydrogen peroxide too. And love rapid rooters they're the only plugs I'll ever use for my cuttings, never used em for seeds I just use peat pellets they work great and they're dirt cheap. I ordered some gavitas yesterday so these testers will be some of the first grown under those, along side of my faves. They'll be vegged under a 600 watt m.h

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
5 of mine have popped and are now in 4" rockwool cubes. A couple of them had taproots.

Of the rest, 3 are peeking and 2 and no-shows. Fun times

edit: now the 5 remaining are peeking out. I'll put them in rw tomorrow.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Here's the garden:

picture.php

they are basking under an old 300w LED. Look at the stretch already on the lil guys.

Still debating the lighting schedule. I'm thinking of 12/12 from seed, which would be convenient as the tent they are in is in flower at the moment.

I'll probably end up keeping them in the 4" blocks and maybe even do rockwool slabs, dutch style like sammy. going to need to setup a tub for that.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Hey willybear,

Thanks for the update
Looking good so far you always veg under a led ?

GA

Depends on how much tent space I have. I'm doing 12/12 from seed with these plants so its a natural fit to place them in the LED flower tent... saves me from having to acclimated them to the leds later.

Here they are at day 9, a bit droopy because pic was taken right after lights on. They seem to have stopped the initial seedling stretch stage and are working on leaves. I'd say at least 50% have roots poking out of the bottom of the 4" cubes.

Haven't bought a tub for these yet, still have time before the next phase

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
note the one of the very left 2nd row down is the stretchiest seedling i've ever germinated. it has been growing a 1/4" every day.

i've added a desk fan pointed at the seedlings, and i've propped up the ones falling over. also treated them with a spinosdad spray, gnats are an issue with the heat. That and the fan blowing air should prevent them from gaining a foothold.

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
I finally started mine, the last week has been a rough one health wise I'll get some pics up soon.

Bmac1

Veteran
ic
h9wIM.gif

I am really looking forward to seeing this cross play out. Best of luck guys.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
day something

day something

actually we started on 7/1, so this would be day 14, week 2 under 12/12.

As you can see the plants are still alive. Most have roots peeking out of the bottom, except for the really stretchy one.

picture.php

close:

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
(Cuban Black Haze x Pre98) x WhiteA5haze

(Cuban Black Haze x Pre98) x WhiteA5haze

day 18. plants still alive. looks like they are bubba-leaning?

picture.php

plant:

picture.php

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
day 23

day 23

moved plants to individual pots. still debating what kind of medium to use.

Was going to pick up a bag of rockwool chunks but got sticker shock at the price. I'll probably go old school full rockwool as this is a seed run and I'm not trying to crazy with the amount of medium.

The that are perched higher in the pots are the ones that have the best root growth... 50% of the group have tons of white roots, others have 50% or more less root activity.

Group picture:
picture.php

bubba-leaner?

picture.php

My only concern is that two of them have weak brown areas at the base of the stem. They look great but flop over, here's a pic:

picture.php

One of them, the tallest, has been floppy from the start. I applied some 33% strength h2o2 and added a small fan.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
update: the brown area is gone after applying the 33% h2o2. Still wobbly so i'll be propping them up. Have both suspects right in front of a lil fan.

SourDank

Veteran
day 18. plants still alive. looks like they are bubba-leaning?

View Image

plant:

View Image

View Image
Hey woolybear, they're looking awesome man. One thing I've noticed in my experience starting Sativas seeds is that they all seem to start with a more wide indica/hybrid looking leaf structure. But once they start flowering they will thin up and take on the Sativa look really quick.

I'm sure one or two are Bubba leaners, but with that amount of haze I there it would be next to impossible for everyone to come out bubba leaning. But hey crazier things have happened I suppose. Keep those pics coming bro

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Hey woolybear, they're looking awesome man. One thing I've noticed in my experience starting Sativas seeds is that they all seem to start with a more wide indica/hybrid looking leaf structure. But once they start flowering they will thin up and take on the Sativa look really quick.

I'm sure one or two are Bubba leaners, but with that amount of haze I there it would be next to impossible for everyone to come out bubba leaning. But hey crazier things have happened I suppose. Keep those pics coming bro

great info! yeah, this is my first experience with something hazey.

Update:

The two plants with the stem issues have keeled over. If they don't improve by tomorrow this'll be an 8-plant grow!

I bought a sack of rockwool chunks and potted the remaining 8 plants up. They are all looking pretty happy.

Do I plan to top these? Not sure.