What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kalyx - Goji OG Grow Log - First Summer Newbie Bud Contest

Kalyx

@NoSocSlic - Hey man thank you very much for the kind words. She needs to cure but was able to sample her today and she is excellent and totally frosted.

Update 9/5 - Dry Nug Shots

Usually I will let my flowers dry and then start curing for at least a week before sampling. With the competition coming to a close a few days ago and me being impatient and antsy I had to get an early tasting. Once she has had some time to cure I will be able to get an accurate sample of the taste and smoke. This girl as absolutely stunning, the pictures won't even do her justice trying to capture her sparkle and beauty. She is completely covered in crystals the resin is dripping from every nook and cranny. I must say I am very impressed with how she smoked after only drying for 7 days. Her drying was finished to my liking today so I cut her from her branches, manicured the flowers and then jarred up the finished nuggets. Her flowers are very dense especially the top colas, even the bottom flowers have good size and density to them. Her high to calyx to leaf ratio made trimming her a breeze.

I have had very high expectations for this plant from the very start. It has been a great experience growing her with ups and downs along the road. She turned out to be a special girl though in the end and this plant really has everything you could want. The only negative I can think of for her is a tad long on the flowering time between 11 and 12 weeks. That being said I feel the next run of her will finish a little faster since she was grown from seed. Still even being at 12 weeks is a respectable flowering time. She has great vigor, easy to grow, not sensitive, amazing smells, superb bag appeal, extremely tasty, very potent and great yield potential. I am currently in the process of re-vegging her, I plan on keeping her around. She is an excellent pheno and it makes me really excited to see what other phenos I can hunt for. It really interests me in growing out some of the other Bodhi Og synthesis series strains to see how the different cuts influence the cross differently.

She smokes really nicely and evenly into a fine white ash, did a good job with the flush on her. This allows her smoke to be very smooth and thick but still easy on the lungs and throat. Already a great smoke but I think she will get even smoother and smoother as the cure progresses. Taste wise she has a very smooth and unique flavor thats really incredible. I was sampling her with a couple of my friends that really enjoyed her flavor and potency. We all came to a consensus with the taste we were getting. Starting with a minty, lemon zest, piney, and creamy with a hint of berries and a kushy bottom end. The berry flavor you get is not a sweet flavor but more of a sour type berry Im guessing similar to the Goji berry the strain is named after. Her flavor is great, very unique and I can only imagine will become even better and strong after some curing. Its great that it has some similar flavors to an Og you can tell its there but its such an interesting unique combination its something new and different.

The potency on this girl is top notch and kind of sneaks up on you. Her high is very strong and very sativa dominate. I have been smoking her throughout the day and she just does not have a burn out. She is very powerful and seems to suddenly smack you in the face wrapping your head in a warm blanket a few minutes after puffing. She has the type of sativa high that I absolutely love, so euphoric and mellow, just puts a smile on your face from ear to ear. You can feel some of that indica in her genes but it doesn't make you groggy or tired and she is so smooth and clean at the end of the high no burnout. I am so impressed with how good this girl turned out my expectations were so high for this plant from the start and she has met or exceeded all of them. I know she is good when 3 other seasoned smokers have sampled her and immediately commented on her flavor and potency. I did have 5 other different plants I was growing and this girl has been everyones favorite out of the bunch, including myself. Really can't wait to see what happens with her quality after she has had her time for a proper cure.

She is a keeper, so happy with her and her potential going forward. Can't wait to run her again and really start to dial her in. There where plenty of mess ups and mistakes with this grow and there will always be plenty of areas for improvement. I want to thank Bodhi for providing these magical seeds, your good vibes and karma show through in the seeds you produce. It's up to us to unlock that magic and spread good vibes and karma. I want to thank Payaso, NYUrbanFarmer and ICMag for setting up this competition and thanks to all my friends and everyone that followed along on my thread.

Goji Og #3

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I have really enjoyed this this thread! Especially since I have 2 phenos a few weeks from harvest that look very similar to what you got. Top notch growing my friend!

B

BIGBADBAZ

just read the whole thread, nice growing bro you sure got those goji stacking nice work bro i look forward to any more grows and hopefully be there for the start! respect.......

Kalyx

@staggarlee - Im really glad you enjoyed my log I had a blast with this grow and this competition, thank you for your kind words. Would love to hear how your Goji phenos come out, Im sure they will be amazing really an excellent strain so much magic in the seeds.:ying:

@BIGBADBAZ - Thank you for the kind words BiG I really appreciate it. So happy with how this girl turned out really looking forward to running her again and seeing how I can improve upon the last grow. I do have some other logs going on right now you can find the links in my sig. I have a Purple Gummer Test grow going for Earthman that is 4 weeks into flower right now, I also have a Fall log running Bodhi, Karma and DNA/RP plants. Then I have a Fire Cookies and Elmer's Glue log that was just started. I will also be starting a log on a test grow of SkunkVa x Snow Lotus any day those are about a week old right now.:tiphat:

soserthc1

@kalyx very nice thread and great patients on the chop ,

Rarely see people hang in there 79 days

Good luck on the contest

Bless

Kalyx

@kalyx very nice thread and great patients on the chop ,

Rarely see people hang in there 79 days

Good luck on the contest

Bless

Thanks man I really appreciate your comments and support. It was a tough wait but well worth it for the final reward. She turned out to be such an amazing plant and smoke.

Final Update 11/9 - Cured Flower Pictures

She turned out spectacular after a bit of a good cure. I feel I let her dry one or two days too long before I should had started curing her. I think this had some effects on the final product and with the quality of the cure. Hands down though she is a fine smoke, her flavors have only developed and gotten stronger and more enhanced as she has cured. She has such a smooth yet thick smoke to her and is easy on the lungs on throat. Her flavors are a wonderful smooth minty, lemony, sour berry with floral tones and a subtle earthy and kushy bottom end. While it does have notes of the Og in the genetics, her flavor is very different and very unique, she really is a special plant. High wise she is very potent and exactly the type of potency a stoner like myself wants in his flowers. She takes a minute to sneak up on you then smacks you in the forehead and puts a grin on your face. She has an excellent sativa dominated high, great for smoking during the day and completing your errands, smoke too much and you might need a nap.

Wanted to get some nice shots in of her cured flowers before I smoked them all, enjoy....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kalyx

@MHBGuy, @BigChieftain, @RandomMan - Thanks guys she turned out great, good flavor, aromas, bag appeal a very smooth smoke and potent.

@dreams4dreamin - Honestly not sure on the exact yield of her but she came close to 3 zips, right around 78 grams give or take a couple I believe.

@Smokindogcujo - Thank you, I would strongly recommend adding the Goji to your collection. I actually had to add more seeds to my stock since growing her. Its a great line filled with all kinds of gems just waiting to be found. From my experiences you can't go wrong with anything Bodhi puts out and the Goji is something special.