What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mighty Wash test since I have 2 spotted spider mites.

blastfrompast

Veteran
So I figured I would do a controlled-ish test of this stuff..The growshop owner cut me a deal if I would "report" back as he just recently brought it in as a new alternative to spider mites. He said nobody has bought due to the price and he hasn't sold a bottle since it arrived.

I took 5 fan leaves that had adult thru egg types of infestation..

5 seperate baggies.

1 Fan leaf no treatment
1 Fan leaf misted with straight water
3 Fan leaves misted with mighty wash

the 4 leaves that got treatments were allowed to dry...

Initial results...

1 hour later.

Fan leaf with no treatment.....critters chomping
Fan leaf with H20....critters chomping
3 fan leaves with mightywash.....All movement stopped, eggs still visible. I swear the adult mites legs were gone....just little bodies left...I might dig out my microscope after work to take a closer look.

It includes a surfactant....But you still need to mist heavily to get the undersides covered....I use a pump sprayer and it was a still pita.

Shame it is so expensive otherwise I would say you could use it as a dunk. That being said since it is stable even if opened and IF it WORKS on the eggs I would probably try and swing a deal for 7 gallons to fill my dunking container for smaller veg.

I have my doubts about it killing the eggs tho but everything I have read says it will.

NOW it WILL put a SHEEN on your leaves, and it smells mildly of carwax (at a coin op type place).....

Granger2

Veteran
blast,
Thanks for the report. Keep us apprised on egg mortality. I agree about impracticality of dunking in MW. I always dunk to get 100% coverage, plus it washes off mites and eggs.

I used the qt sample of MW, and had just enough for 1 spraying for White Flies. It was very effective. Had to follow up with Cedarcide PCO Choice, since I had no more MW. It proved to me that it is not snake oil. Good luck. -granger

Last edited:

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would try with plain water and a surfactant like an agricultural wetting agent or detergent.

It wont do much to eggs but should be as good on motile stages as mighty wash , at pence per litre.

vostok

Veteran
I prefer Neem Oil, 1x teaspoon to a pint hand sprayer, as a chore 1x time per month, kills bugs and protect against molds too, tho not so close to harvest as Neem is an acquired taste...lol

mack 10

Veteran
at my local hydro shop its £20 for 1 litre, no bigger bottles.

I tried a bottle but it was not enough to treat the whole crop so was a bit of a waste.
it seemed to kill them on contact but do nothing to the eggs.(in my case)

blastfrompast

Veteran
OK, not sold on this stuff yet..

Kills on contact....but its gotta be good contact....It would work great as a dunk assuming you could just keep re-using your dunking liquid (stable for yrs apparently), tho not sure what repeated dunkings would do to the stability.

The one way I could see this working is if you removed the infested leaves (any thing with white dots) =eggs/larva mostly gone, then since the canopy would be a bit thined out (don't forget to cut off scraggly bottoms)..Remove the lights at start of night cycle....and use a Gallon per light from a pump sprayer...and just hose everything down... seal up the room for your 12hours of dark (toss in a no pest strip for good measure)

I had live critters (adults dead) on the treated leaves I misted, but realistically for this too work I could see having to do a drench. Which I did last night on some more fan leaves...same experiment...but this time more than just a mist.

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
Hope the Mw works for ya bro

Ive used it in the past with great results

I won't deny that it sounds like a snake oil, but the shit really works

At least it has for me

what you want is dr schimmels that stuff works it got banned here in the UK but we have ways of getting it still everything that is legal is a waste of time unless you want a natural approach that is there is a new organic pest killer called TROUNCE anyone tested that yet

ceosam

mighty wash is mostly water so i use it when i have mites in flower and dont want cancerous things like forbid or avid on my buds patients will consume or sticky stuff like neem that will lower end quality

is mightywash magic? kinda. it will does kill mites on contact, you can literally see the skeletons compared to live mites easily. like many safe methods, it does not kill the eggs. you must be diligent and thorough with applications/reapplications (every 3 days until you dont see any)

Granger2

Veteran
At some point, I'll probably try Safer's Trounce, insecticide soap and 2% Pyrethrins. Organic, 6 oz/gal, 14 bucks/qt. Cheap enough to use as a dunk or soil drench. I have a lot of experience with Safer's Insecticide Soap, and would flush about 2 hours after using it as a soil drench. I suspect the soap would cause root burn if not flushed. -granger

blastfrompast

Veteran
I have been fortunate over the years, I have had the Borg a couple of times, and just thrips as the major critters....Mebbe 5-6 critters issues in total

My issues are always bringing cuts or random tagalong in the summer...Now here is where I went wrong a couple years ago....My isolation area was kept too cold....cold slows the growth rate...Spray them....plants look clear 30 days later, plants go into regular veg area that is warmer.....SURPRISE infected VEG within a week or so....

I have Avid and Forbid in the weapons locker, along with a host of pyrethrins to use on clones, and early veg....Just wanted to try something that would be safe in veg.

My wife corrected me and it looks like chop is next weekend so she will get a taper down in the nutes then a short flush as I have defoiliated her natural reserves she would normally canabalize...

Oh and I sprayed a 4 sample buds the other night, 4 of the lower buds, going to rinse one, tonite, and the other 3 will leave alone.....

Then I am going to chop the rinsed one, and 1 unrinsed one...Dry and do a quick sweat....

Try a taste test.

See if the wetting agent is indeed "Undetectable" even when not washed off.
Do a Vape, bowl, and Joint test. Buddy insisted on being the guinea pig alongside myself.

Then when I chop I will repeat the test, leave 1 unrinsed, rinse one, and all the rest of the bud as control with nothing :).

See what the taste is like....still not sure I like smoking wetting agent....anyone know the most commonly used chemicals (jet wipe sorta stuff)..

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
Yes

When I used it I bought a gallon jug

Sprayed the plants until they were literally dripping

Repeated about every 3-5 religiously

Take a look at the mites through a scope before ya spray and then again immediately after you spray, you can literally see the mites come to a screeching halt

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Get some Essentria IC3 oil... Use a good surfactant and a silicon additive like Pro-Tekt or Fasilitor (if you're ballin).. I sprayed the other night 15ml/g IC3 + 5ml Indicate5 + 5ml Pro-Tekt.... Got some slight burn on some lower leaves on one mother and one of the little clone starts got pretty mangled.... That was because I didn't raise the lights and only have a 4hr dark period during veg, so the plants were still a tad oily/wet and the light burned them..

IC3 will do work on spider mites, and at 10-15ml/g an $80 gallon of the stuff will last relatively forever.

Me and a buddy who works at a hydro shop are convinced that Mighty Wash is plain ph'd water..

Granger2

Veteran
ogk,
Even if Mighty Wash is just pH'd water w/wetting agent, if it works, it works. I'm open to a recipe to duplicate it and it's results. Not interested in beta testing. -granger

heizenburg

mighty wash a bomb

mighty wash a bomb

ok guys if you have bugs get mighty wash its electricity charged wash it shocks the bugs dead no bs i doent even sweat mites anymore but heres the deal if you make concentrates i would def wash b4 with pm wash ok i found a way to apply it much much better the spray bottles as this takes alot of time hand cramps and you use to much mighty wash its 75.00 a gall how i do it

i have a small 2 gall mini compressor hook a automotive paint gun to it and wallah iv did a 6000 watt room 72 plants in 45 min using a half gallon of mw the paint gun actually atomizes the liquid put through it where the fog atomizers they sell in the grow shops use a heating element works good for neem oil but it taks the charge out of mw the pait guns works great as it blows air b4 the spray flipping up the fan leaves [where the mites are] then blasting the pm this is standard on every paint gun i like tuning the gun so it sprays a stream rather than a cloud run the psi around 25 to 30 no more well good luck to all hmu if you have any questions