What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Energize Your Rez

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of my interests is the importance of water to restoring/maximizing health.

There are plenty of informative Ytube videos discussing "Structured" water.

Basically SW means water that contains energy (CHI). I run the RO water through a Vortex Water Magnetizer + a PVC tube filled with river rocks. These I use for cooking drinking, as well as to mix nutes for my rez to restore/create Chi to amplify the benefits of the nutes.

Distilled, RO, and tap (municipal) water are clean, but lack Chi.

I have contemplated various methods to simulate water flowing down a river cascading over rocks, which promotes aeration and Chi. It is commonly called 'flooming' as it releases dissolved oxygen into the air space above DWC buckets, like Under Current. Several months ago, I suggested the concept to those using Under-Current type RDWC buckets off a single rez, but never employed it myself.

I have tried aquarium water falls, but the $40 pumps are too small to generate a proper flow, and I did not want to spend more money for one that might work.

Now there is more than one way to accomplish this in a rez, but here is a super simple way using a 160gph pump ($10) + a half inch flex tubing to make the riser/horizontal extension + an elbow + river rocks (including semiprecious stones, and/or Organite, which combines semiprecious stones, gold and silver foils+copper shavings with Mobius Coil in an acrylic mold + a net pot+ a cup. If you take out the Orgntie, you can assemble this for less than $15. An important key is to have a catch vessel tall enough for the water to cascade out of creating more DO when it slashes into the rez

I have been using Organite in my rezes for 3+ years, but think by having the water/nutes splash directly over it, and then through a layer of river rock will amplify the Chi much more than the Organite simply resting in the bottom of the rez.

The riser should be much higher than in the picture. If i were continuing with DWC buckets, I would raise it to the bottom of the net pot lid, which will create a lot more splash= more aeration :artist:

If you don't have Organite, no problem. FYI, I bought my river rock at the Dollar Store

Pic is inside a 3g pail upon which the 6" netpot lid rests. In a couple days I will employ this in my HH 2.O outboard rez.

View attachment 234252

Last edited:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It amazes me that I did not see what was right in front of me- namely, the Hydro Halo Rings.

All you need is the 160gph pump + one HH Ring (with legs attached) + a bit of flex tubing + a medium size ~ 12" diameter plastic bowl + 3 bags of river rock (both from Dollar Store)

Rez needs to be > 10".

The legs fit inside the bowl surrounded by river rock

The lip of the bowl needs to be raised >4" above the water line (Dollar Store has colored plastic organizers in various sizes)

As the water flows out of the HH Ring it will fall upon the rocks (splashing) and then cascade over the lip and back into the rez where it creates more splash.

I'm expecting max DO+ Chi from this

I will post a pic once I get more rock

Last edited:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's first attempt. The bucket diameter is too narrow. Keep in mind this requires a second pump to pump nutes to the plants

It works, BUT...

I think it requires a flat plate, as opposed to a curved bowl as the water does not fall over the edge but rolls don the underside of the bowl.

However, a flat plate will not hold the legs in place, so be prepared to make the necessary adjustments

I decided to post pics of my babies

The main stalks are strong

See my HH thread to follow along

View attachment 235226 View attachment 235227 View attachment 235228

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I probably neglected to mention where my crazy idea came from. I a ~ 2ft pvc tube 1.5" diameter filled it with river rock and run my RO water through 3xs just before making up nutes

If you are handy you can DIY. Check out the many Structured Water videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDYuUlyhtjk

I have a ~ 2ft PVC tube that I filled with river rock and run my nute water through it 3xs before mixing

I moved everything to a plastic container bottom, like that prepared foods come in

Will post a pic when I hook it up.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just as we attempt to duplicate sun light indoors, there are aspects from mother nature that are also important to plant health, growth and yield that I am incorporating.

Time will tell, but I am not doing a comparison with v without Rez Flooming, It can only help, and it only cost ~ $20 so, why not?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finally!

Taking a risk (timer dieing), I moved the Reveg plant out of the veg tent. She is now upstairs, under not enough led watts, being fed by a dieing timer. I decided to add 2 air stones operating 24/7 just in case it dies before my new timer arrives.

Moving her gave me the room I needed to put all the rez energy pieces together in my veg tent:woohoo:

I have been in anticipation of beta testing a new high quality commercial mmj LED light, but no recent word as to when

My babies are growing faster than I anticipated, so I'm thinking all my rez improvements are paying off. Come on guys, where's the light?

If you want to watch this system kick-ass, sub to my thread below. It can be used with a single plant or easily expanded

View attachment 235496 View attachment 235497

View attachment 235498 View attachment 235499

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Final Frontier: Magnets

The Final Frontier: Magnets

The final energy tweak is magnets. Until I get the plants into the net pot lids there is no way to place them. And I 'need' 6 per plant, that adds up, but...

The devices farms are using the water passes through a tube with vortexing spheres inside + a magnet on each end opposing forces facing in

I think I can accomplish the same result for all plants by passing the 1/2" feeder tube (as it comes out of the riser) through 2 opposing force magnets.

I did this to both set ups at 6pm

Pics tomorrow

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Nice! :D Instead of Hydro Halo rings I'm going with 1/2 tubing rings (using a barbed T connector) with those 90 or 180 degree EZ Clone spray emitters (DIG 07-080 & 07-081). Also a 1/4" hole punch & thses tube supports willl help:

DIG 180 degree sprayer, about $.22 each
07-081-2T.jpg

1/4" pro hole punch
asbPoxvBH5ngdHOPMaq25f6SO6ZyP0gSHgete5hprYIgEF9RxLYA7wQpc-tBF67prJ099Y-ViEDZhNrzza9_DbZ4=s300

1/2" drip irrigation stakes
720413600078lg.jpg

Here's a 1/2" tubing ring, anything much less than 8" OD and tubing starts to kink at T connector.
I'm using ultra-flex tubing from Greentrees Hydroponics.

For 6 plants using a 396 gph Ecoplus inline pump. 4-6 sprayers per site put on underside of 1/2" tuning rings just over clay pellet media.

Using fired clay pellets instead of lava rocks. Also a fan blowing in that area to help with circulation and even cool water somewhat wiith an evap effect. Still have panda film or reflecting material over that to help block light. I'd rather use a chiller for cooling though to keep my ppms more steady in system.

Last edited:

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Stonefree 69 My very first attempt was with micro heads- a lot of wasted spray per feeding; I was not able to direct > 50% inside the net pots. As the HH Rings are a one-time expense, not a big deal to me
Thanks for the tip PetFlora, 'cept I'm trying the 90 or 180 degree sprayers so the spray is directed inside the ring & fine tuning the coverage positioning ring & sprayers, I may go 90 degree w/your advice depends on what each does in GPM, might be 1/4th the 360 degree sprayer though (.15 vs .63 gpm). If spray reaches too far just aim down a bit. Cheap enough to test both for a few net pots and might be worth it...

I'll let you know with pics, ordering parts this week. If not I'll try straight 1/4" holes or the Hydro Halos.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No offense meant, but been there done that. Moved on. If you want to share your experience, start your own thread.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am very pleased with plant growth to date

My HP Rez is no doubt contributing to the fat plants, sturdy main stalks, tons of secondary stems, large shade leafs...

What I find particularly interesting is how close the 115w led tent is doing v 432w HOT5 tent, using specialty aquarium bulbs

Come by my thread to follow along

Here are a few pics of 7 week old plants from seed

HOT5

View attachment 239003 View attachment 239004

View attachment 239005 View attachment 239006

F

Folate

Enjoying this thread and your creativity.
I've thought of similar in the past and its nice to see others going thru with their inspiration.
Right now I'm relying on the dark Willards Water. I use it on the regular in a similar way to throwing a pinch of salt over your shoulder.
Thank you for the thread.
Folate

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A lot has has happened since last pics 33 days ago

Does my high performance rez work?

How do these buds compare to any others you've seen at the same stage- ~ 3 weeks?

come by my grow thread to follow along

Tight top cola shots are from the 2 smallest plants (xmas tree shape) on ether side of Melanie, whose huge canopy is shading both

View attachment 242827 View attachment 242825 View attachment 242826

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, but I'm not selling anything.

No matter the new tech, some low lifes will take advantage, giving the real deal a bad name