What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

help!!!My apple tree is sick

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Sunburn

Sunburn

Ive just got started as an Orchardist, but I do believe that is caused by the sun baking the tree on that side. Is it on the sunny side of the tree? The solution is to paint the trunk of your tree white.:tiphat:

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
Thanks for the replys. I think its going to have to be cut down. I should have seen about it sooner,but it's on all sides of the tree. Ill get some of the bayer product and see if I can save it.

I guess if I liked apples as much as pot, the tree wouldn't have gotten this bad.

timmy

Hey Anita,
It looks like polystictus to me.
And if it is there is no cure unfortunately, aside from cutting the affected piece off.
You can cut it off at the trunk, and it will regrow true to type, as long as you cut it above where it was grafted.

Cheers
Timmy!

Last edited: