What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TwistedPistils' Everything Houseplant!

Great house plant jungle. You could make some coin selling some of those big plants, make room for new plants and repeat the process ;)

Yeah, that may be a plan for some. I keep making more baby plants of everything, LoL this Spring and Summer are gonna be dangerous for me... I just might start grrowing leaves myself... mmmmm compost!

Cmobile9

This is my baby. I loved this plant for years before she was finally put out into the trash on a snowy day for me to rescue. She was neglected for years in the window of a business building that was for sale. I tried and tried to get the story on the plant, but kept hitting dead ends. Finally the building was sold and when it was being renovated this beauty was tossed out into the icy cold. THANK GOD I was in the right place at the right time!! Fate brought her to me, leaves scarred from her night out in the snow and rootbound in less than 2 gallons of depleted soil. That was years ago, and those scarred leaves are pretty much all gone, replaced by healthy new leaves. Simply magnificent specimen. It is getting a nice shaping this Summer. View Image

This is the best Jade plant I have ever seen. I have one and yes mine is probably root bound in a 3" round pot but I thought they liked to be in small pots mine still grows, I guess not. I will up pot and get it looking like yours in about ten years or so? :artist:

Hi Cmobile9 :) The key to getting a big old healthy Jade is slow growth. I only water when the leaves get thin and the bottom ones start to wrinkle. That is how you get a fat trunk. They don't need much more attention than pure admiration. I top dress with EWC once a year, and give a little kelp tea when the new growth starts in the Spring, and that's it!

Latest posts

Latest posts