What's new

Advice needed on setting Lawn.

Nelson_Muntz

i m a thinking's of resetting my lawn as its a miserable sight.

Its a large space so im just going to rotavate the lot, add some sand and to help with drainage and then level it out.

Im a unsure as to go with turf or to set seed. Turf is adding up to be costly. On the other hand I have 3 dogs and a load of chickens. Coupled with the heavy rain this time of the year Im worried ill end up with my lawn looking like the aftermath of woodstock.

Any thoughts?

i'd say go with the seeds. this will cost you much more time but much less money.
plus when your dog's turn some areas into a mess then you can add more seeds of the samevariety to avoid difference in colour (make sure you keep some seeds from the initial stage). good luck!

CoMedUsr

Put in a bunch of raised beds or cordon off a big section of the yard for a veggie garden. Grow red & white clover instead of grass. You'll spend less time watering it. Or think permaculture. Edible food forests, perennials, berries, nuts, fruits, etc. There is nothing more healthy & satisfying imho than growing your own organic food.

update?

real talk.

edit: Ignore the guy in the video saying clover doesn't like being walked on. Just cut it higher at 4" or so if you feel the need too.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Can you wait a little longer for the seeds? Grass sprouts better towards the end of summer when it is cooler. Also you could rototill a few times in the summer to kill the weeds that sprout. I have trouble becase CO is so dry I could pour on the water if it was cheaper here. I just keep the front looking OK and let the back go some.

Latest posts

Latest posts