What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing strawberries indoors

Buddyy

Hi all,

i really like having fresh strawberries and blueberries every morning with musli, otherwise I find eating musli kinda ordinary. Anyway it's middle of winter in central europe and I can't find strawberries for sale anywhere so I was thinking about having a few plants with my ganja.
Anybody got any exprience/advice ect.??

quinoa64

No experience, except for growing up around a bunch of commercial strawberry fields, and remember how delicious they are when they're allowed to get ripe on the plant and picked the same day.

The ones that grew in the fields were all really low to the ground, so you'd probably want to hang them up at canopy height if you stick them in a grow room. I don't think I've ever seen a tall strawberry.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if i remember correctly strawberries need a cold rest period if they are going to blossom,also they tend to be space hogs as well...

Yes they require quite a lot of space and will spread quite quickly, so you need to watch them as they will compete with your pot ;)

joe guy

Well I haven't done it yet but they are in beer cups now full of coco teak building roots.
I wanted / am going to do is one gallon geo pot and train them around the tops of my smart pots well not strawberry but a wild berry I found
Taking the wife and kids on a nature walk.
We found these berrys just off the path so we just 3 weeks ago took clones (2 of them) and both are looking awsome. So is going in the ground and one in the shed with the bubbas and pies lol...
Was Gona start a thread but guess if u don't mind ill post up here and try to convinse u to try too or warn ya not to do it if it dosnt work lol
Good thread buddy be safe and stay green.. Or red lol peace

joe guy

image.jpg
Well here they are in there new homes fruit sure seems to take a lot longer to clone than canabis that's for sure... A lil yellowing but that's to be expected...

joe guy

They are a super deep red almost purple berry when ripe but the more sour ones are red not sure if unripe blackberys are red in color..
Ill snap some pix of the momma in the woods when she starts givin up the goods..
I just know they are sooooo tasty

JVonChron

If you like strawberries you'd appreciate a new hybrid that is available. called a "pine berry" or white strawberry. seeds are available online. they are pretty crazy. dunno if I am allowed to post outside links or not but you can look em up. theres also purple strawberries. not GE or anything either pretty cool.