What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

lavender!!!!

Widow Maker

I did read in the most recent hightimes magazine that adding 2-3 tablespoons of molasses per gallon of water for the last 4 weeks is good as well. Personally, ive never used more than 2 teaspoons per gallon with every watering (starting at Day 1 of 12/12).

any pics? :lurk:

Last edited:

Widow Maker

there are many many threads about molasses use (which i recommend checking out), but basically in a nutshell it activates all of the micro organisms in your soil and allows more sugar production in your babes. Its fantastic :joint:

sawadee

It's like the hand shake between micro organisms and the roots. Instant availability of nutrients to your roots.

JDOG6000

Veteran
It's sugar(carbs) it gives the plant more energy to grow bigger buds that are usually made sweeter by the sugars also.
I use soemthing called sugar daddy.
(Way better then "Sweet" IMO) I used to use sweet but if youuse it till the end or too much of it,it leaves a citrusy taste in the bud that I don't like at all.
So I use sweet for my vegging plants because it doesn't stink like the sugar daddy does.
Sugar daddy has Molassas, protiens and what not. Smells like mollassas and hamburger grease.lol

JDOG6000

Veteran
Keep your nute levels 1/3 lower with the Purple maxx or else it can hermie or make your buds taste funny.
Or have a ruff texture to the inside of the buds were it half hermed.

I only use Purple Maxx once right before flushing now.As before I used to use it every couple weeks. If purple is your thing. But adding Mollasas along with the Purple maxx will boost the bud mass up a bit. Purple maxx basicly makes it feed real heavy and some flowering cycles don't like that at curtain times.
So you just need to know your strains. You'll see,Butto get massive purpling, keep foliarfeeding until the buds are too formed to foliar feed anymore.
Then just give it 2 last doses before you flush.1 P maxx dose,then regular water ,1 more P maxx dose then flush.

JDOG6000

Veteran
Also, if you can foliar feed the leaves in late flower without hitting the buds this will turn those leaves real purple if they aren't already.
But the amount of crystals is what makes purple Maxx the shit.
It adds like double the crystals.
The purpling is a side effect to the nutrients and the light hitting the plant.