What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thanks Michigan for trying to screw us over!

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
The article clearly states it’s “almost impossible” to pass this bill.

The attempt is no surprise. So what’s with all the exaggerated claims - hyperbole?

I imagine most of us are already growers, and will continue to do so regardless. I don’t get all the negativity. As of now, it’s premature and unfounded.

Problem is stupid politions trying to bait and switch. Is that somehow confusing?

Its the same plant no matter who grows it. Coorperate grows should not have no more right than anyone. Period.

Do you not get it?

prune

Veteran
Oh Geez, go stand on a box on the corner with this shit - you're just looking for anything to twist into your personal hate matrix.

Move on People, nothing here outside of btf's private paranoia...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Oh Geez, go stand on a box on the corner with this shit - you're just looking for anything to twist into your personal hate matrix.

Move on People, nothing here outside of btf's private paranoia...

Maybe? Maybe not? Are you offering me a free lifetime supply of killer sativas grown in living soil if I lose my right to grow?

I have no hate matrix. I have and will show no respect for anyone that thinks some people can grow, posess or sell this plan different than someone else.

Just the tone of your responses make me think you probably will be someone who profits off taking my rights away.

No respect. Not a fucking drop.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I agree :tiphat:

it hasn't even passed yet and their crying their eyes out

I am completely aware it may not pass. I was trying to inform people that less than a month after we voted in a so called democracy these shit stain exuses for polititians are already trying to change the law.

Paranoid. Hell yeah. I have watched them fuck over growers in every legal state. Less and less rights. More and more coorperate grows. What possible reason should any small farmer not be paranoid?

I do not see how any grower that actually believes in freedom can not be appalled.

You can bet your ass they’ll change your law. Stay strong and organized as an activist group and you may get to keep some of the initial legislation. Politicians think this industry didn’t exist before they decide to jump on board. Try to make the realize that there is a existing economy around cannabis.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Problem is stupid politions trying to bait and switch. Is that somehow confusing?

Its the same plant no matter who grows it. Coorperate grows should not have no more right than anyone. Period.

Do you not get it?

Umm, that’s not how it works. We the people made this happen. With a ballot proposal. Therefore there’s no bait and switch on the part of politicians. The attempt is just an example of some holdover dolts of the Reefer Madness mindset.

Maybe? Maybe not? Are you offering me a free lifetime supply of killer sativas grown in living soil if I lose my right to grow?

I have no hate matrix. I have and will show no respect for anyone that thinks some people can grow, posess or sell this plan different than someone else.

Just the tone of your responses make me think you probably will be someone who profits off taking my rights away.

No respect. Not a fucking drop.

What are these rights you speak of losing? You grow now. December 6 the proposal becomes law.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Umm, that’s not how it works. We the people made this happen. With a ballot proposal. Therefore there’s no bait and switch on the part of politicians. The attempt is just an example of some holdover dolts of the Reefer Madness mindset.

What are these rights you speak of losing? You grow now. December 6 the proposal becomes law.

What is your reasoning behind trying to make this not seem like a potential problem?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Do you know how many dolts are or are not already paid off?

75% sounds like alot. But I am smart enough to know there is no shortage of scumbag pubes or dems that love money more than our right to grow a safe plant.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
What is your reasoning behind trying to make this not seem like a potential problem?

Could be a potential problem, I suppose. But in what way? Just trying to understand why someone who already grows sees any of it as an obstacle. Will you not continue to do as you do, regardless?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been saying since I learned about the legalization movement...

LEGALIZATION IS REGULATION IS PROHIBITION!

Hale v Henkel 201 U.S. 43 said:
The individual may stand upon his Constitutional Rights as a citizen. He is enttled to carry on his private business in his own way. His power to contract is unlimited. He owes no duty to the State or to his neighbors to divulge his business, or to open his doors to an investigation, so far as it mat tend to incriminate him. He owes no duty to the State, since he receives nothing therefrom, beyond the protection of his life and property. His Rights are such as existed by the law of the land long anticedent to the organization of the State, and can only be taken from him by due process of the law. He owes nothing to the public so long as he does not trespass upon their Rights.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Could be a potential problem, I suppose. But in what way? Just trying to understand why someone who already grows sees any of it as an obstacle. Will you not continue to do as you do, regardless?

I want to grow legally. Did I studder?

I also want to be able to support my family with it. Without fear of law enforcement. I see no reason any law should exist preventimg that.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I want to grow legally. Did I studder?

I also want to be able to support my family with it. Without fear of law enforcement. I see no reason any law should exist preventimg that.

I see. Well, as things stand now, how the rec market will be regulated is undetermined. So maybe you will be able to do just as you want.

An attempt to prevent folks from growing at home doesn’t factor into the business side though, since it’s stated that what’s grown at home cannot be sold (lol), but can be given away.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I believe in freedom.

Im ok with fair rules. Dont sell to minors, safe electric, no poisons, all the obvious stuff.

Do you think some people deserve the plant more than others?

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I don’t see any of it as having anything to do with deserve.

Like any other product in the marketplace, there will be competition. And it’s not as though those who get a micro-business license (if they are even made available) are going to be able to be an unregulated home based business. I seriously doubt holders of such licensees will be able to grow product for their business at home.

Mengsk

The way it is regulated is a license costs so much that effectively no one is allowed to sell their product. The law will push to make it impossible for you to sell or share if not grow. This board is a small subset of people. We are arguing with each other but we are the same community. Meaning we are the biggest "dope smokers" probably, educated ones. If my friends family neighbours and I are unable to afford $10k licenses then we cannot legally grow more than 3-4 or distribute or conduct any business. If you are a person who sees this as an opportunity - in other words sure I may be able to afford $10k for a license to be able to grow more and sell if I want. But the problem is you just handed over $10k in taxes up front for nothing. Nobody wants poisoned weed grown in a moldy basement. However, the simple act of charging for a license, that is an act against freedom. Capitalists seem to rationalize treading on human civil rights. Paying into a system only contributes to making you and/or those around you poor. This barrier to entry has a domino effect, politicians have a term trickle down, this is trickle up economics. If the average Joe were to buy a license that would make them poor for the year. So now, following the law that has been laid out, the farmer gives all of their hard earned money up front to someone else which the farmer could have spent elsewhere to their own benefit. This removes the rights of the farmer. What proportion of growers would be willing to grow 5 or 10 or 20 plants who are unable to afford a license and who do not wish to grow 100 or 2000 plants? Too large of a separation, in other words no free or $50 licenses. The idea of being rich, and that making you above, better than others, crabs in a bucket, pay uncle sam to get ahead of your neighbour, there is always another "sucker," people who'd rather collect a check than work for a living, many contributing factors.

Last edited:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I would not expect microbusiness to be allowed from home. But it is my hope that the do not make it next to impossible. I personally only halfway expect them to keep that part of the law. It was barely a paragraph at the end.

With honey you need a USDA licence after you sell more than $50,000 per year. With beer and wine you can start clubs and have memberships and not until you produce a certain amount is special permits needed. Almost every town has a farmers market.

All the complications and regulations and super expensive permits are a means of funneling the money where they want it.

Your arguement confuses me. I get that Im a bit over the top about it. Im angry. But that does not change that everyone is slowly getting fucked out of the same plant some of us have been caring for for alot of years.

If people want a highly government regulated product I recommend seeing what the pharmacy has. (Just kidding that shit can kill you)

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
The way it is regulated is a license costs so much that effectively no one is allowed to sell their product. The law will push to make it impossible for you to sell or share if not grow. This board is a small subset of people. We are arguing with each other but we are the same community. Meaning we are the biggest "dope smokers" probably, educated ones. If my friends family neighbours and I are unable to afford $10k licenses then we cannot legally grow more than 3-4 or distribute or conduct any business. If you are a person who sees this as an opportunity - in other words sure I may be able to afford $10k for a license to be able to grow more and sell if I want. But the problem is you just handed over $10k in taxes up front for nothing. Nobody wants poisoned weed grown in a moldy basement. However, the simple act of charging for a license, that is an act against freedom. Capitalists seem to rationalize treading on human civil rights. Paying into a system only contributes to making you and/or those around you poor. This barrier to entry has a domino effect, politicians have a term trickle down, this is trickle up economics. If the average Joe were to buy a license that would make them poor for the year. So now, following the law that has been laid out, the farmer gives all of their hard earned money up front to someone else which the farmer could have spent elsewhere to their own benefit. This removes the rights of the farmer. What proportion of growers would be willing to grow 5 or 10 or 20 plants who are unable to afford a license and who do not wish to grow 100 or 2000 plants? Too large of a separation, in other words no free or $50 licenses. The idea of being rich, and that making you above, better than others, crabs in a bucket, pay uncle sam to get ahead of your neighbour.

Minivan with a fat blower and a bunch of male rope dope. Sooner or later its going to be real easy to identify who is benefiting from making it a challenge for the small guy.