What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Newb needing help

Sharkbite

I’m curios as to how my plants r looking at my first week stage I’m stressing on watering to much or not enough. I also am curious of when to start nutrients

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Pot size will determine frequency of watering needs. This also has a great influence of nutrients as well. What size pots are you growing in? For new growers I highly recommend staying with fully organic nutrients. They are much more forgiving than chemicals and heavy salt based products. Your smoke will taste better when done as well.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Water when dirt in pot is dry by 1.5"-2". As your plant grows, it will need more water. Most inexperienced auto growers over water, over fertilize. Use 1/3 strength bloom fertilizer every 2-3 waters once sex shows (17-25 days). Pot is 3-5 gallon depending on strain.

Deprivation

I run coco and GH flora or maxi bloom lucas. Feed/water is Strain dependent but most seems to fit this track.

example of strain dependent, I had two solo cups with the same cross. When full they weighed 450 g, one could go down to 120g before getting limp, the other would be hanging limp ready to die at 250 g this is drought resistance.

Edit; following example not necessarily for a seedling in a big pot but more a general idea

Water till run off and pop it on a scale, for a safe starting point say start watering at 50% and dial in from there. I know nothing about organics or other fertilizers besides the ones I mentioned. Plenty of info on heads 6/9 and lucas 7g maxibloom to read if you want

Just my 2cents

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I'm with you

I'm with you

I'm with you Deprivation, when it comes to weighing the pots in the beginning! You would be surprised how tricky a watered pot can be! I've taken plants that I thought needed watering to the scales only to find they had plenty of water. Had, I not checked it on the scales, I would've over watered! Saves a lot of trouble. I just use this method until I find the right watering schedule.