What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Stock

M

metsäkana

way i see the old wine thing it might be like selling old wine but sometimes selling empty bottle too when ordering old wine

might be market for old wine bottles but is there market for old minigrips with text .. some packing with logos might be worth something in future is there is collectors like that but i dont know any lol

one seedpack had the date the seeds are made in the package that is good idea for people who sell seeds or who bred them... this was wrote by breeder not seller

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
They NEED to germ test their older stock or at least put a 'caution' message that they are old.
Too many old seedbay seeds wont sprout.
I did message PANIKZ about this but he never replied, but apparently told someone else who messaged me that i need to check my germination methods.

There is a cuation write up at the top of the page on our website seed boutique written by Gypsy if you read it mate,.

we are in the middle of germ testing stuff and iv even sent a lot of stock out to a valid member here to do some tests also so it not just us testing,..

im not sure iv ever told anyone about you checking your germ techniques ??

Also for anyone asking we have installed fridges in the office since i took over seed boutique and seedbay as i know the importance of proper storage of seeds, iv kept my own stock (else where ) in fridges for years ...

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
Regarding the new found Chimera stock we are waiting on germ tests, when and if we get some results they will be added to the site for sale ,

As of now our October promotion starts so free packs of Baked Beanz seeds with every £50 spent ..

The list is as follows,..
Pink lotus f2
wish mountain f2
Black lime x orange earth
Long valley royal kush
Fruity pebbles f3
Dragons blood f2
In the pines f2
Choc trip f4
Square breath x black lime
Summer breeze f2
orange cookis x black lime
Black lime f3 #2
OJSDKB x Black lime
Landos stash f2
Moutain temple f2
Jungle juice f2
lemon zinger x OJSDK
White dawg x long valley royal kush
OJSDKB x black lime
black lime x orange earth
lucky charms x black lime
polaris x black lime
Glue breath x black lime
Mountain temple f3
Lucky charms x pink lotus
lemon zinger x Malawi black
Locktite f3
Lucky charms x OJSDKB
GTH#1 x Long valley royal kush
Lucky charms x Apollo 13
Apocolypto f2

funkyhorse

Hi Panikz
I sent you an email 3 weeks ago, I am resending you again through your form in your website. I have questions regarding your stealth shipping before ordering seeds.

I have a question for Chimera:
I think what is happening with old stock I am interested is this: The old seeds store in fridges are fresh when you get them out of the fridge. How long would this freshness last? In my case, the post takes at least a month to reach me with the seeds. During all this time the seeds were out of any fridge. I believe during 10 days-two weeks they should still remain fresh, but after that period I have my doubts.

For instance, buds in vacuum in the fridge remain fresh for at least a couple of years. But when you get them out of the fridge, they start loosing freshness and potency after 10 days.

I am not sure, but I think like any other old bud or other edibles kept in fridge, old seeds will degrade fast when out of the fridge. So for someone living in UK or Europe I dont think this should be a problem because post arrives in a couple of days.

But for people like me who live very far away from the seedbank and have to wait 20-40 days for the seeds to arrive, when they do arrive they are not fresh anymore and I think this is the root of the problem

funkyhorse

Hi BakedBandit
I am in the southern Hemisphere in a third world country. Post and shipping takes 3 to 6 weeks to arrive to where I am
I believe for first world countries you should not have a problem

Ronni

i think its jungle spice f2... but the list reads really nice :)
the banner on the seedbay website says "...when you buy two packs of karmER genetics" i think it's "karma genetics"

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
I think your assumption that seeds degrade or lose their freshness like food products or flowers is off base.

Seeds are designed by nature & evolution to last through difficult environmental conditions.

We use temperature & humidity control to optimize the seeds storage up until they leave, but that doesn’t mean they are no longer “fresh” 2 weeks later.

I believe the extra care we put into seed storage helps in their later years (20+), but I don’t think it has much effect on the order of months or weeks.

Don’t take my word for it, make some seeds and experiment. You’ll see seeds left out at room temp or in flowers in jars still germinate readily after a couple of years.

I have a question for Chimera:
I think what is happening with old stock I am interested is this: The old seeds store in fridges are fresh when you get them out of the fridge. How long would this freshness last? In my case, the post takes at least a month to reach me with the seeds. During all this time the seeds were out of any fridge. I believe during 10 days-two weeks they should still remain fresh, but after that period I have my doubts.

For instance, buds in vacuum in the fridge remain fresh for at least a couple of years. But when you get them out of the fridge, they start loosing freshness and potency after 10 days.

I am not sure, but I think like any other old bud or other edibles kept in fridge, old seeds will degrade fast when out of the fridge. So for someone living in UK or Europe I dont think this should be a problem because post arrives in a couple of days.

But for people like me who live very far away from the seedbank and have to wait 20-40 days for the seeds to arrive, when they do arrive they are not fresh anymore and I think this is the root of the problem

Limeygreen

Veteran
I can confirm seeds or many different species of plants after being in the mail (I have had vegetable seeds held up in mail for over a month) will germinate just as well as seeds received by hand or fresh etc. They have been properly made seeds all in all and that is the difference.

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
i think its jungle spice f2... but the list reads really nice :)
the banner on the seedbay website says "...when you buy two packs of karmER genetics" i think it's "karma genetics"

cheers for heads up mate its being changed now for the October promotion

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don’t take my word for it, make some seeds and experiment. You’ll see seeds left out at room temp or in flowers in jars still germinate readily after a couple of years.

My 2012 made ones are at roughly 50 %. Some from 2014 too. Some are even worse. They were stored at room temps in changing locations. Getting a safe fridge is becoming pretty inescapable. At the time of making I didn't think it would take that long to get back to them. But then there was this certain website here with new input every day...

Klompen

I was forced to store my seeds in a very hot storage unit and even though they were packed away with a lot of desiccant, the germ rate on them has been really horrible. I planted over 150 seeds for my outdoor this year and NONE of them germinated. This has been a very disappointing year for me. These weren't the freshest seeds to begin with, but 0 of 150 is crazy bad. Some of my seeds are around 10 years old. They spent most of their life in a fridge, but I haven't had reliable access to a fridge to store them in for the last 2 years.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
^ I'm not surprised..

Either warmer or higher humidity conditions will effect germination negatively, although sterility of the environment will multiply the damage/growth of pathogens.. it's just a long known fact..

Some seeds kept in my fridge for 10 years are still going strong at 80%+ germ,, some others are less than 50%.. quite a few factors decide seed viability but not keeping them protected from change in the environment or storing in conditions that encourage fungal growth will hinder germination..

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Cannabis produces orthodox seeds that, unlike recalcitrant seeds, readily survive long term freezing and drying conditions. I store at 3-5 C at about 5-10% RH..

The quality of the jars really matters as well btw guys.. I did my research, plastic is permeable so tupperware's out and many locking glass jars are not made to close enough specifications to achieve a good enough seal to be put in the fridge either. Les parfait are recognised as one of the top choices for seed storage and are used by many seedbanks most because their rims are very consistently flat so the lids fit very snugly.

All seed makers and resellers imo should properly store seeds. Even if the shock of warming back up happens more when repeatedly travelling to and from the seedbanks in the post, keeping them on Ice and dry will slow any fungal or bacterial pathogen growth on the seed shells which is really important imo.

Nico Farmer

:tiphat:Hi Paniks!

How old is your rez stock pls?
I just order SSSDH X G13 Regs and others seeds;

Some White Mustang too, any info?

Thanks by advance,

Ronni

but someone had here on icmag still success with the SSSDH a few months ago

Last edited: